Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Shows and get togethers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Colorado Fall Color Tours 2017!! - Event Date: 17 Sep. 2017 - 23 Sep. 2017

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2627282930 40>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dluber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep. 2017 at 3:58am
dluber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dluber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep. 2017 at 1:05pm
dluber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dluber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep. 2017 at 1:06pm
dluber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dluber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep. 2017 at 1:09pm
gnkhoffman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnkhoffman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep. 2017 at 2:02pm
gnkhoffman
gnkhoffman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnkhoffman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep. 2017 at 5:08pm
gnkhoffman
m38mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep. 2017 at 10:55pm
Yesterday's rides went very well, and we could not have executed the tours with better timing.  At lunch I led the north group into the lunch area and called to see where Bruce was.  He was a quarter mile away and coming on.  Then at the end of the day Bruce's group arrived at the Thirsty Dirt Ranch only about 5 minutes before my group arrived.  We both had minor delays on the trail, and took time to visit a ghost town, and some scenic viewpoints.  The pace was good and the scenery changed around each corner.  I think everyone had a good time. 

But the party's over, most of the guests have gone home.  The forecast for today was 100% for rain, and thunderstorms in the area we were going to today.  So by collective agreement we decided that we'd close the tours and call this year's FCT a success.  There are still a few folks here to help with the cleanup and rearranging of stuff - post FCT. 

I want to thank everyone who came who helped make this year such a great success.  We had great weather during the week.  We were a little early on the colors but the colors we did have were spectacular.  As the photos show the conditions for touring were just right.  And the jeeps all ran well with only a few exceptions.  We did still have jeeps with problems, but those problems were handled and we only had to tow one jeep back to the shop.  I appreciate everyone doing some maintenance on their jeeps before coming here to limit the amount of work that was needed here.  All the problems we handled here were a result of use, not lack of maintenance.  That was a good thing. 

Everyone also brought a good attitude as well.  Even when we had to wait on the trail for a repair we occupied our time getting to know the folks in front or behind us in line.  Many arrived as strangers, but we all left as friends.  We helped each other with projects, we donated parts to keep each of us running right, we teased each other for funny mistakes, and we shook hands as friends when we parted company.  I look forward to hosting each of you again in the future.  Nancy and I agree that we will continue offering tours for years to come. 

I hope as folks find some time at home to review their photos that they will put up at least a few of their photos with comments about who or what is in the photo.  I would like to thank jpet for his videos and stills.  they have captured the high adventure group very well.  And the drone videos and photos offer a perspective that can't be matched.  I want to thank Dave Luber for his many photos.  He has a good eye for arrangement and a love of photography that has immensely added to this thread. 
M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
52 M38 Blue Mule, 51 M100 Blue Mule Tale
52 XM38EV1 Electro-Willys, 52 M100 Juice Box
Lew Ladwig View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lew Ladwig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep. 2017 at 11:41pm
as another FCT fades away, I want to give Mike and Nancy a giant THANK YOU!  They obviously bust butt to make this happen.  There are no better hosts on the planet.
I would also like to thank my old friends for making me smile and the good times.  
And nice to meet new friends.  Flat Fender folks are fantastic!
As to pictures, what is a good photo hosting site?  Photobucket is a mess now.
I did post some on the International Flat Fender Club fb page but it would be nice to post them here too.  Just don't want to pay photobucket. 
Happy jeeping!
Lew 
Lew Ladwig
President of the CFFC and IFFC
http://internationalflatfenderclub.com/index.html
http://www.facebook.com/#!/InternationalFlatFinderClub
SlickWilly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SlickWilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep. 2017 at 11:50pm
Mike and Nancy,

We want to thank you both so very very much for another outstanding event, the warmth and hospitality, and for allowing us to spend so much time working on Tater in your shop. We hope you will allow us to come back again next year.
Rick Péwé 
Traci Clark 
Traci and TaterJeep
Owner of Gone-Gpn Media
Freelance
Writer/Photographer
Daron Wanberg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daron Wanberg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep. 2017 at 1:39am
Mike and Nancy,

Thank you for gracious hosting. 

Daron Wanberg

44 CJ-2 SN CJ2-14 X38 AGRIJEEP

45 2A SN 10011

46 2A SN 17558

46 2A SN 11951

46 2A SN 33283

47 2A SN 98996

48 2A SN 181941

48 2A SN 204590

49 2A SN 224406
<b
Night0wl View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Night0wl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep. 2017 at 3:06am
Hey Mike, Coming to a Fall Colors Tour is one of my bucket list items.
I want to make it out there some day and experience first hand the very things we all see in these fine pictures.
Gotta get my project done first!
Hats off to you and Nancy for being such good host.  Hope to meet you and Nancy at a FCT some day.
Night0wl
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose" Jim Elliot
45 CJ-2A
My Project
aboyandhisdog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aboyandhisdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep. 2017 at 3:29am
Mike and Nancy,  awesome week once again.  Thank you!
-Tom and Annie
Tom
1949 CJ3A

m38mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep. 2017 at 3:36am
I forgot to add to my earlier post just how much I appreciate the work that Bruce and Ron do for us.  They are great guides, and willing to go the extra mile to help me make this event work   If it were not for them, this event would be severely limited.  Each year they step up and take on the mantle of responsibility.  They work hard to make sure everyone in their care can get to our daily destination, but they also make sure that all jeeps and drivers come back to the ranch each night.

I depend on these guys to help me run the show.  You all depend on them to get you there, then to get you back to TDR. 

M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
52 M38 Blue Mule, 51 M100 Blue Mule Tale
52 XM38EV1 Electro-Willys, 52 M100 Juice Box
Rick G View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep. 2017 at 3:58am
I made it home a little while ago, no problems, just rain all the way.  Thanks, so much, Mike and Nancy!  What a great week.  I'll post some pictures and videos in the coming week or so.

Rick
1947 CJ2a #119929    "Gus"
1951 CJ3a #451-GB1-24268   “Newt”

My Videos
64CJ5 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 64CJ5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep. 2017 at 7:03am
What a week!  Thank you Mike and Nancy for a great time.  Took me a little while to get home as I shredded the right rear tire on the trailer in Conifer.  Had a long lunch with my brother and sister in law then took the wrong road down in Denver.  Rain and fog most of the way home.

I really had a memorable time at the Thirsty Dirt Ranch.

Tom      
64CJ5 "Eeyore"
01TJ "Tigger"
52 M38 Severely demilitarized, "Popeye" The Coast Guard Jeep.
14 JK "Jake"
To Trust Government Defys Both History and Reason.

PUBLIC LAND Owner/User
aboyandhisdog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aboyandhisdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep. 2017 at 3:51pm
Originally posted by 64CJ5 64CJ5 wrote:

Took me a little while to get home as I shredded the right rear tire on the trailer in Conifer. 

Tom      

I saw you there and honked, Tom, but I couldn't get over in the traffic in time to stop.  Crazy traffic all the way on 285 and then I25 was no picnic either.  I don't think our roads are working for us any more.  Sorry about the tire, but glad it wasn't worse.  Good to see you.
Tom
1949 CJ3A

64CJ5 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 64CJ5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep. 2017 at 4:01pm
Thanks Tom.  My brother had caught up with me just before you went by.  Not the best place to change a tire.  Thanks to the lady in the mini van for getting my attention,  I had no idea a tire had gone bad. 
Every one on the road was in a hurry to get to where ever they were going.
Good Jeeping with you again,  take care this winter.

Tom 
64CJ5 "Eeyore"
01TJ "Tigger"
52 M38 Severely demilitarized, "Popeye" The Coast Guard Jeep.
14 JK "Jake"
To Trust Government Defys Both History and Reason.

PUBLIC LAND Owner/User
Bruce W View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep. 2017 at 11:49pm
 I got home about an hour ago, Ray and I and a few others stayed around to help Mike and Nancy get the TDR back to normal. It's nice to be able to take an extra day, I don't envy you guys that have to go to work tomorrow.
  I too want to thank Mike and Nancy for making it possible for us to have a GREAT TIME! I got to see some old friends, make some new ones (I hope you don't mind if it takes me a couple of years to remember all of your names Big smile ) and to see some special old friends too. Thanks, Mike and Nancy, 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lz3aYX8W0K8  .

I also want to thank all of the folks that followed me on the runs I led, you all did a great job, and made my job a lot easier.    

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lz3aYX8W0K8  

We Have Miles to Jeep Before We Sleep.                                             Until We Jeep Again,    BW

Edit: Darnit, I don't know why I can't get those links to work.  BW

Edited by jpet - 25 Sep. 2017 at 12:08am
It is NOT a Jeep Willys! It is a Willys jeep.

Happy Trails! Good-bye, Good Luck, and May the Good Lord Take a Likin' to You!

We Have Miles to Jeep, Before We Sleep.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2627282930 40>