Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Shows and get togethers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Colorado Fall Color Tours 2017!! - Event Date: 17 Sep. 2017 - 23 Sep. 2017

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3334353637 40>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct. 2017 at 2:14am
If this neighbor is the same one you mentioned when I was there a month ago, I am not surprised.  Some people just feel they need to be jerks.  I don't understand it.
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
JeepRobbins View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepRobbins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct. 2017 at 3:16am
Mike, if my count is correct, this was #11 (once every year for the last 11 years for you mathematically challenged).  This year was close to last year and the year before for jeep participation. I challenge anyone to show how your organized chaos is louder and more unruly than someone else's family reunion during a holiday.  And who else provides a daily parade at 9:00 am and 4:00 pm every day, besides Disney???  We are in your corner.
JeepRobbins
Lee MN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct. 2017 at 3:51am
I believe speeding can be ruled out as well!

Lee
               LEE
44 GPW-The Perfected Willys
49 2A
“If you wait, you only get older”
67 M715
American Made Rolling History
Unkamonkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unkamonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct. 2017 at 6:43am
I deleted my last post because you don't want to read about my jerk neighbor or my brother.
uncamonkey
oldtime View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldtime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct. 2017 at 3:41pm
M38mike, You might consider this ....

If you know who the specific complainer is then go talk with them directly.
Yes they definitely should have come to you first and not via a 3rd party.
Going direct to a 3rd party is either non-social behavior or a sign of disrespect.

The complainer possibly feels excluded in their own territory ?
You might consider asking them to ride along during your next event.
You are merely functioning as an advocate for old Jeepers.
Who knows...Perhaps they will convert.

If that does not settle the issue then the 3rd party is next.

Currently building my final F-134 powered 3B .
T98-A Rock Crawler using exclusive factory parts and Approved Special Equipment from the Willys Motors era (1953-1963)
Zero aftermarket parts

m38mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct. 2017 at 5:00pm
oldtime, you're advice has merit.  There were two men who wrote the letter.  My next door neighbor authored it because he can write in complete sentences.  My more distant neighbor can't write complete sentences, and put the close neighbor up to it because I've had the distant neighbor arrested by the County Sheriff for attempting to choke me.  He goes before the Judge in late November.  My next door neighbor has been accepting of this event for the last decade.  He does not care for old machines.  He did think my Electro-Willys was pretty special, because it was electric.  I may be able to talk my next door neighbor out of promoting the letter with the board of directors.  There is no way I could, or would, talk my more distant neighbor out of anything unless I were to drop the charges against him.  And that is not happening. 

I probably will have a conversation with my next door neighbor because he is, at least, a professional and a gentleman.  Even if we significantly disagree on an issue, we can do it in an even-handed manor, without a lot of yelling or name calling.  The distant neighbor would prefer to settle everything with fists.  He's a bully, and a hot-headed one with a quick temper.  That's why he attacked me.  It's his way of settling disagreements.  He'll have his day in court as a result. 

All of this occurred because I wanted to smooth out some of the washboard ripples in our road before the FCT began this year so folks who drove in would not have their teeth rattled out.  My distant neighbor took exception to me doing that because he said he had the contract with the HOA for road maintenance.  That contract is only in his mind.  No one has a road maintenance contract for the two miles of HOA roads in our subdivision.  In the past, who ever had time and the equipment to make needed repairs simply did it.  Maybe next year I'll just blade the road in the middle of the night so no one will know it was me.

Edited by m38mike - 16 Oct. 2017 at 5:09pm
M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
52 M38 Blue Mule, 51 M100 Blue Mule Tale
52 XM38EV1 Electro-Willys, 52 M100 Juice Box
athawk11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote athawk11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct. 2017 at 5:55pm
Do the HOA members own businesses…and or pay local taxes?  If so, an argument could be made from an economic perspective.  We visitors bring far more to the community than we take. 

You don’t have to look very hard to see how important tourist dollars are to this region.  Your HOA should be thanking you while on bent knee.

Tim

1- 1946 CJ2A   
2- 1949 CJ3A

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unkamonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct. 2017 at 5:57pm
Mike, it sounds like a few of your neighbors need an atomic dope slap. I get along well with everybody around me except for one house which is right next to me. (Damn kids and dogs). A guy across the street commented that he was glad that they lived next to me rather than next to him. Nobody complained when I went out with a tractor to clean the snow out of our gutters. (You shovel the snow into your yard instead of the street). Good luck with it all and I have spent a lot of time in your area.
uncamonkey
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct. 2017 at 6:16pm
... nonetheless, if there is anything we can do on our end  to make it more pleasant for your neighbors, let us know
CJ2A #29110 "General Willys"
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

"We do what we can, and we try what we can't"
berettajeep View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct. 2017 at 9:14pm
Originally posted by m38mike m38mike wrote:

My more distant neighbor can't write complete sentences, and put the close neighbor up to it because I've had the distant neighbor arrested by the County Sheriff for attempting to choke me. 

Wow Sounds like a great human.

Well good luck with your next door neighbor. Who knew that 70 year old Willys Jeeps would cause such a problem.

Guess it is a good thing for the neighbors you don't own a bunch of Honda Civics and Mazdas with the fart can mufflers!

binthere View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote binthere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct. 2017 at 11:34pm
Or friends with a bunch of bikers instead of old willys!!Wink
chuck
1953 CJ3B "a fistfull of dollars"
1949 willys jeepster "a few dollars more"
and a few other retirement toys

Rich M. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich M. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct. 2017 at 12:27am
Get your reasonable neighbor an adult beverage and a seat in one of the rides, invite him to the cookout / campfire. Maybe a t shirt too. He'll have a good time then will be complicit and tell the distant neighbor to spit. Then you can help him with his flatty when he gets the bug. If that doesn't work I'll sign up for next year. The neighbors can hold their ears when my rhoads lifters are chattering at idle Wink

Edited by Rich M. - 17 Oct. 2017 at 12:29am
RICKG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RICKG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct. 2017 at 12:47am
And if all else fails I know a guy.. Just sayin..

Edited by RICKG - 17 Oct. 2017 at 12:59am
I never met a mule I didn't like!
MC51986 "OD MULE" DOD 01-52
'50 CJ3A "Bucksnort".
Keep 'em Rollin'
m38mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct. 2017 at 2:04pm
Tim, it's got nothing to do with economics.  It's got everything to do with ego.  My distant neighbor and I had an arguement about road maintenance.  He popped his top, lost control, and attacked me.  I had him arrested.  Because I caused him to loose his composure, and got him arrested, his ego is bruised.  He's always been able to push others around to his way of thinking.  He couldn't push me, so now he's trying other ways to hurt me.  It's not happening.  I have the support of the board.  They like the Jeep parade.  So I'll talk with my close neighbor and see if I can get him to at least go back to being neutral.  I'd like to make him an ally but I'd be happy if he'll just keep quiet and watch from a distance.  He's an odd duck, definitely not mechanical at all, and I don't really want to be a close friend of his.  So I'll smile, talk pleasant, and see if I can get him to back away from this fight.  I might even offer to wash his windows since one of his complaints was that we raised too much dust as we drove by his house.

I do appreciate the support and encouragement and advice that you all have offered me.  Thank you.  Even the offers to help me find "a guy" to take care of business cause me to smile.  I'm not bothered much by this whole business because what I've done, and what I'm doing, I think is right.  From conversations I've had with Sheriff's Deputies and folks at the District Attorney's office my compass is pointed in the right direction.  That's not to say I haven't had bad thoughts about nasty tricks I've learned to do in the Army that would really make me smile if I applied those tricks to my distant neighbor, but I'll just think about them and smile.  This conflict isn't that serious.
M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
52 M38 Blue Mule, 51 M100 Blue Mule Tale
52 XM38EV1 Electro-Willys, 52 M100 Juice Box
Gil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct. 2017 at 2:15pm
That good to hear Mike,I can't imagine that there are people that don't love these old jeep,every where I go I see people with big small on there face.Hope everything turns out good.
1946 cj2a 59108
1998 Jeep Cherokee 2 doors
2016 Jeep Cherokee TrailHawk

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unkamonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct. 2017 at 2:39pm
I hope it works out. I was trying to stay away from the nasty tricks aspect. I know a few (book fulls)and I have rarely done any of them. I play well with the other kids as long as they play nice with me.
uncamonkey
lowenuf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lowenuf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct. 2017 at 4:35pm

I might even offer to wash his windows since one of his complaints was that we raised too much dust as we drove by his house.

That complaint, at least in my eye (singular since I am blind in 1 eye) is invalid given the accepted condition of the road surface.....

Almost like saying "I refuse to go fishing because the water is too wet".......

The distant neighbor is probably a supporter of the Oompa Loompa that is attempting to run the Chocolate Factory !!!

45 #10012
45 #10033 ACM #47
45 #10163 ACM #188
57 CJ5    Dauntless V6, T-18 4-speed, D-44 rear/D-30 front, D-20 twin stick

athawk11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote athawk11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct. 2017 at 4:55pm

Tim, it's got nothing to do with economics. 
Sounds good Mike.  I was thinking from a "HOA Board Meeting/Presentation".  You know...if you had to offer some bullet points to your argument.

I'm glad to hear they are already in your corner.  You are a kind and decent person.  That alone should win you all the favor you would need.
1- 1946 CJ2A   
2- 1949 CJ3A
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3334353637 40>