Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Shows and get togethers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Colorado Fall Color Tours 2018!! - Event Date: 17 Sep. 2018 - 22 Sep. 2018

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 39>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tumbleweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug. 2018 at 4:52pm
Fantastic, and I thought that you were building a trailer!

I would like to chat with you at FCT to see how you do those video trailers. That is movie quality!

49 CJ3A - Smokey
53 Willys Wagon - Wylie
tamnalan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tamnalan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug. 2018 at 5:48pm
Good stuff Lee!  Dang!

Alan Johnson
1942 MB - "TBD"
1943 MB - "Lt Bob"
1950 cj3a
M-100 x2
teardrop camper: https://forums.g503.com/viewtopic.php?f=141&t=201740
aboyandhisdog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aboyandhisdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug. 2018 at 6:03pm
Quite the bushy face-rug that Fred is sporting!
Tom
1949 CJ3A

Lee MN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug. 2018 at 7:43pm
Originally posted by tumbleweed tumbleweed wrote:

Fantastic, and I thought that you were building a trailer!

I would like to chat with you at FCT to see how you do those video trailers. That is movie quality!

I will certanly do that! I have a BHR sticker for you as well! . The video is done on my iPad, once you understand how it works, I did that one in less than 25 min., but you need the material on your devise to do it!...

Looking foreword to seeing my Jeep friends Lee
               LEE
44 GPW-The Perfected Willys
49 2A
“If you wait, you only get older”
67 M715
American Made Rolling History
Rick G View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug. 2018 at 8:28pm
that’s still one of my favorites, Lee!  Got me amp’d up for this year’s FCT!  Looking forward to seeing everyone.

1947 CJ2a #119929    "Gus"
1951 CJ3a #451-GB1-24268   “Newt”

My Videos
SlickWilly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SlickWilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug. 2018 at 2:19pm
Tater and I will be back again this year. Looking forward to seeing you all.

Traci
Traci and TaterJeep
Owner of Gone-Gpn Media
Freelance
Writer/Photographer
Bruce W View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug. 2018 at 8:45pm
Originally posted by Ol' Unreliable Ol' Unreliable wrote:

Originally posted by Unkamonkey Unkamonkey wrote:

I really don't like to drive lead on trails for a few reasons.

I don't either, but that's because I don't know where I'm going.

Smile  Just follow the rope, Un.  LOL  BW
It is NOT a Jeep Willys! It is a Willys jeep.

Happy Trails! Good-bye, Good Luck, and May the Good Lord Take a Likin' to You!

We Have Miles to Jeep, Before We Sleep.
tumbleweed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tumbleweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug. 2018 at 10:22pm
Wow I just realized that it is only 3 1/2 weeks until I leave for colorful Colorado! Being a retired guy now, I don't have to rush around. Hope that we have a colorful year! I am ready for some cooler weather. Ft Worth is 99 degrees today and we are camping at the lake this weekend. Doing a shakedown to make sure everything works on the camper. Man it will be good to see you all again.

Mike, see you on Friday the 14th. I'll make sure Lynn brings her work gloves

49 CJ3A - Smokey
53 Willys Wagon - Wylie
aboyandhisdog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aboyandhisdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug. 2018 at 11:00pm

I'll make sure Lynn brings her work gloves

Man George, you really ARE retired!Thumbs Up
Tom
1949 CJ3A

Unkamonkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unkamonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug. 2018 at 11:17pm
Yeah, I was lead on our last trip up to Top of the World. A friend was on his ATV and he just shut it down and stood on the pegs to watch. We got to the top and walked over and grabbed me by the hand "Damn, that was some of the best Jeep driving I have ever seen". What do you expect after driving them for around 50 years? I don't mind running drag. I can watch the other Jeeps and I know some people just have to be in the lead. Dust, just back off. I know there a few winches in the front and I am there with mine.
uncamonkey
Fltfndr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fltfndr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug. 2018 at 10:14pm
Hey Mike,

Just a heads up for your planning. My new toyhauler, scheduled for delivery around first week in Sept. arrived in Ohio today. If you have room, I will be attending this years FCT. Just wanted to let you know in case you are running out of parking space. If its of interest, I can carry around 75 gal of fuel between truck and hauler, if somebody runs short on fuel. Patty and I will be bringing the Iowa sweet corn. Thanks.

Fltfndr

Edited by Fltfndr - 22 Aug. 2018 at 4:31am
Fltfndr
1948 CJ2A Restomod "Six Pac"
The object of war is not to die for your country, but make the other bastard die for his. George S. Patton
3A Steve View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3A Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug. 2018 at 11:14pm
Is there a current trail list? Looking forward to seeing everyone!

Steve in WV
47 deuce alpha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 47 deuce alpha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug. 2018 at 4:45am
Originally posted by 3A Steve 3A Steve wrote:

Is there a current trail list? Looking forward to seeing everyone!

Steve in WV

Take a look at page 10 for the dates and trails.
1947 CJ2A 90419
1947 CJ2A 127735
1949 Ford 8N
1955 Kaiser Willys Pickup
Half the distance takes you twice as long.
Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug. 2018 at 6:29am
Originally posted by Bruce W Bruce W wrote:

Originally posted by Ol' Unreliable Ol' Unreliable wrote:

Originally posted by Unkamonkey Unkamonkey wrote:

I really don't like to drive lead on trails for a few reasons.

I don't either, but that's because I don't know where I'm going.

Smile  Just follow the rope, Un.  LOL  BW

I'd really like to say that once was enough, but Ol' Unreliable did earn its name...  Embarrassed
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
tumbleweed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tumbleweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug. 2018 at 3:48pm

Just asking for a friend, will this work on the trails at FCT?
49 CJ3A - Smokey
53 Willys Wagon - Wylie
SlickWilly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SlickWilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug. 2018 at 4:05pm
Might be a little wide for some trails, but sure would be nice to have when the wind, rain, sleet, and snow make an appearance!

Just asking for a friend, will this work on the trails at FCT?
Traci and TaterJeep
Owner of Gone-Gpn Media
Freelance
Writer/Photographer
Unkamonkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unkamonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug. 2018 at 4:21pm
I've seen that picture before, that thing must have been a real slug on the road. I was up a few years ago and was walking from my motorhome to the truck show. I saw something that gave me pause. A 26 foot Airstream mounted on a Kenworth. I had to go rap on the door.
Everybody have fun.
uncamonkey
BradR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BradR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug. 2018 at 4:16am
Hey Mike, 

I'll be joining Bam Bam and Lumpy again this year.  I don't have a cj2a yet, but I'm keeping my eyes open.  I'm also bringing one of my boys who is super excited to come this year.  I was wondering if you knew of a back seat that I could buy or rent for Lumpy.  That way my son could ride with us this year.  I've also been working on These baofeng radios and have a good baseline setup for the FRS and GRMS radio channels, I also have the repeaters configured for the Nathrop area. If anyone is interested I can bring my laptop and cable to program their radios.  

Thanks,
Brad
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 39>