Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Shows and get togethers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Colorado Fall Color Tours 2018!! - Event Date: 17 Sep. 2018 - 22 Sep. 2018

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 39>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oilleaker1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2018 at 9:18pm
Good deal. Glad to help. John
Green Disease, Jeeps, Old Iron!
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 4:08pm
Thought I'd give an Aspen update:

This is the start of Starwood's 6th season as the only, and most famous Rocky Mountain Aspen in southern Illinois.

https://www.thecj2apage.com/forums/cffc-fall-color-tours-2013_topic27464_post244826.html#244826
CJ2A #29110 "General Willys"
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

"We do what we can, and we try what we can't"
Lew Ladwig View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lew Ladwig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 4:49pm
Cool!  Glad to see it making it.  But then the little tree has a good caretaker.
Lew Ladwig
President of the CFFC and IFFC
http://internationalflatfenderclub.com/index.html
http://www.facebook.com/#!/InternationalFlatFinderClub
m38mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 4:52pm
Super!!  It looks like your caring and nurturing have help it through the adjustment from Colorado to Illinois.  And look how much taller it is than you are!  And all the new branches with leaves!  Thanks for the update.
M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
52 M38 Blue Mule, 51 M100 Blue Mule Tale
52 XM38EV1 Electro-Willys, 52 M100 Juice Box
stude-a-willys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stude-a-willys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 10:10pm
Old time:

I run copper wires and non-resistor plugs. The condenser on the generator is long gone too. The running engine makes a terrible mess of AM CB 11 meter communications.

Makes little difference at all on FRS/GMRS 70 CM FM communications in my experience.

Studebaker re-powered CJ2a
mriceflinter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mriceflinter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2018 at 4:43am
FM is not effected as much by vehicle noises. AM and CB 11 meter band are AM modulation. They are very susceptible to ignition noises and interference from generators. Resistor plugs and a filtering circuit for generating circuit will help clear up noises on AM communications. As a Ham operator I have run into all sorts of problems with noise. I haven't always been able to cure it but this is pretty much what I have found out.
tumbleweed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tumbleweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2018 at 1:19pm
Good morning Mike, I'll bet there is still snow on the mountains. I have your alternator packed up and a new hood latch strap that I am bringing to the BHR.

looking forward to seeing you all in a few weeks. I hope we can keep up with you now that the Blue Mule is fine tuned! Don't leave us non-overdrive - 4 cyl. guys behind on the trails

Looking forward to seeing the CFCT tour schedule but I know its a little early yet. Hope you find a few low water crossings for us to navigate. Not to deep but just enough to splash in!

Edited by tumbleweed - 29 May 2018 at 1:25pm
49 CJ3A - Smokey
53 Willys Wagon - Wylie
BUGSY1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BUGSY1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2018 at 1:43pm
Hello. First time ever on a forum. Have been watching your vids this last week. Plan on joining you with my '53 3B. Would like to stay at the Ranch. Looking forward to meeting you all!
Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2018 at 3:39am
Welcome to the page, BUGSY1! 
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
m38mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2018 at 12:19pm
Welcome Bugsy1 to the CJ2Apage and to the FCT thread!  I'm looking forward to meeting you, and having another Coloradoan join us for the FCT this year.   You're welcome to camp here at the Thirsty Dirt Ranch.  Will you be camping in a tent, or trailer, or pickup camper?  If you have any questions, give me a shout and I'll answer them for you.  And again, Welcome!
M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
BUGSY1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BUGSY1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2018 at 1:58am
Thanks for the welcome Ol' Unreliable and m38mike! Mike, I'll be in a truck camper. Are dogs allowed? How about wives? Ha! Looking forward to some Jeepin. Has been a while since my Willys has seen a trail. Hey Ol' Unreliable, are you a C Springs native. I grew up there and went to H.S. in Manitou and the wife at Mitchell.
m38mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2018 at 12:30pm
Bugsy1, wives are definitely allowed, and encouraged!  Some even get to drive on the trails!  Dogs are welcome too, with a few conditions.  If it barks a lot, I'd prefer not to have it here so folks can get a quiet night's sleep.  If it's bit anyone I'd prefer not to have it here, so no one here could get bit.  It should be going with you on the trail.  I don't want a pack of dogs being left behind and barking at each other all day long while we're gone.  If it's a cat eater I'd prefer you didn't bring it.  We've got cats for rodent control.  They're barn cats, but I'd like to keep them around.  So those are my preferences.  If you can work with those, then feel free. 
M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2018 at 5:44am
@BUGSY1,

I'm a Buckeye born and raised, but I never liked Ohio's summer humidity.  I've been in the Springs for 27 years now.  Moved here just before my 38th B-day.
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
tamnalan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tamnalan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2018 at 1:02pm
Originally posted by Ol' Unreliable Ol' Unreliable wrote:

@BUGSY1,

I'm a Buckeye born and raised, but I never liked Ohio's summer humidity.  I've been in the Springs for 27 years now.  Moved here just before my 38th B-day.
You and I are near opposites!  I was born and raised in central MT which feels pretty similar to the Springs, weather-wise.  The USAF took me to Ohio for the better part of 30 years now.  Ohio has been very good to me but I'm ready to head west again - with any luck, by this time next year.
Alan Johnson
1942 MB - "TBD"
1943 MB - "Lt Bob"
1950 cj3a
M-100 x2
teardrop camper: https://forums.g503.com/viewtopic.php?f=141&t=201740
mickeykelley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mickeykelley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2018 at 7:05pm
So the wife and I will be newbs this year but just had a neices wedding pop up in Steam Boat so I'm trying to figure out trip timing. We are interested in the tamer trails this first year and first trails for us and will only be able stay like 2 days/3 nights. So my question is which are the better days to plan on for the tamer trails?  First part of week or middle?
47 deuce alpha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 47 deuce alpha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2018 at 12:32am
Originally posted by mickeykelley mickeykelley wrote:

So the wife and I will be newbs this year but just had a neices wedding pop up in Steam Boat so I'm trying to figure out trip timing. We are interested in the tamer trails this first year and first trails for us and will only be able stay like 2 days/3 nights. So my question is which are the better days to plan on for the tamer trails?  First part of week or middle?

It will be great to see a few more Texas folks on the Fall Tour. Only bad thing it is habit forming, makes you want to come back next year. For the tame trails just get in line behind the blue jeep. Mike will keep you out of trouble. Where are you in the Republic?
1947 CJ2A 90419
1947 CJ2A 127735
1949 Ford 8N
1955 Kaiser Willys Pickup
Half the distance takes you twice as long.
mickeykelley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mickeykelley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2018 at 3:10am
Originally posted by 47 deuce alpha 47 deuce alpha wrote:

Originally posted by mickeykelley mickeykelley wrote:

It will be great to see a few more Texas folks on the Fall Tour. Only bad thing it is habit forming, makes you want to come back next year. For the tame trails just get in line behind the blue jeep. Mike will keep you out of trouble. Where are you in the Republic?

East of you near The Alamo.
Willys Guy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Willys Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2018 at 10:18pm
Last month we took our 46 CJ2A to Moab for the Flat Fender Rally. We had a blast, can't wait until next year. We had 43 rigs, CJ's, FC's, Wagons and Willys PU's.

The elevation at Moab is around 4,000 ft. Where we live here in California is the foot hills of the Sierra Nevada's. We like to camp in the mountains and we bring our CJ2A. The camp site is 7,000 ft and we have had it up to almost 9,000 ft.

So we think of Moab ,as our shake down cruise.

Can't wait until September, we couldn't make it last year. The wife broke her wrist and would have a hard time holding on to stay on board.

John
JC
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 39>