Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Clubs for jeeps
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Colorado Flat Fender Club?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Madman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Colorado Flat Fender Club?
    Posted: 06 Sep. 2005 at 1:27am
Is there a flat fender specialty off road club in Colorado that anyone knows of? If not, anyone interested in starting one up?
Bruce W View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep. 2005 at 12:00am
Well there's two of us anyway...  BW
It is NOT a Jeep Willys! It is a Willys jeep.

Happy Trails! Good-bye, Good Luck, and May the Good Lord Take a Likin' to You!

We Have Miles to Jeep, Before We Sleep.
Madman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Madman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep. 2005 at 1:15pm
Nice to see another highlander!
gnkhoffman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnkhoffman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep. 2005 at 6:29pm

Make that 3; Mine is a 46 2A; #43140, Harvest Tan.  Come out to CampJeep at Bandimere on September 24th!

My number is 303 842-4530 (in Lakewood).  Give me a call!

gnkhoffman
47CJay2ay View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 47CJay2ay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep. 2005 at 7:42pm

Make it 4, I will be at bandimere on the 24th. Would anyone be interrested in getting a flat fender run started for that weekend??

Madman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Madman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep. 2005 at 9:52pm

Well,

Mine is about three weeks away from light off, so just about time for hunting season. I am near Leadville, great jeeping places!
gnkhoffman, I'll call you when I get off work this week!

Lew Ladwig View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lew Ladwig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep. 2005 at 9:30pm

I have wanted to get one going for some time.  I had kinda given up.  I have a 47 2a that is 98% restored to original, another waiting its turn, and a 45 gpw in the shop now with the frame and axles almost done.  I participate in the MVCC (military vehicle collectors of Colorado) to get my monthly fix of jeep stuff but only a few of those guys have jeeps.  I could get into a nice summer event and maybe a winter get together.

Lew Ladwig

Lafayette, Co.

Madman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Madman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep. 2005 at 1:22am
Well, That's 5 of us! I think we could really get rolling on this, especially if I could finish my jeep!!!!
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lew Ladwig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep. 2005 at 10:26am

Send me an email if you are interested in a small meeting to get things rolling.  Where are most of you from?  I am in Lafayette but travel to Denver for work.  The last event I did was OD jamboree at Lowery AFB and showed off my jeep under the wing of a B-1 Bomber.  Maybe in a week or two we could meet for dinner at a place easy for all to get to. My email is fladwig@msn.com

Lew

Bruce W View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep. 2005 at 9:15pm

Well, I missed most of this conversation because I was "up yonder" in pursuit of the elusive Wapiti! Problem is I get to 4-wheelin' and explorin' and forget I'm supposed to be huntin'! Nelybel, my '53 CJ3B did great, as usual. Had a great time tho & hated to come home an' go back to work.

Would love to get together with you guys, get something goin'. Maybe we can still do a trip together yet this year. Not for long tho, Colo. winter's on the way, an Nelybel has no top or heater. But now's not too soon to be talkin' about next summer. Hope you all sent Lew an E-mail, I'm gonna do that right now.  BW

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lew Ladwig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep. 2005 at 11:10am

This weekend is Cider Days at the old farm in Arvada at the intersection of Wadsworth and Ohio.  If you can get to Denver this weekend many of us old jeepers will show our 2a's at this event.  If you are a member of the MVCC you should get in for free.  I don't know if they charge admission or not.  My guess is not.  It runs from 9 to 5 both Sat and Sun.

Maybe I'll see ya there on Sat.  I will have the Harvard Red '47.

Lew

47CJay2A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 47CJay2A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct. 2005 at 4:21pm

Does anyone want to get together for a trail run this weekend, OCT 7-9? Or a Meet and Greet somewhere in denver?

Mike

"Fenders big enough to eat off"
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lew Ladwig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct. 2005 at 10:36pm

I would be game for a get together.  Maybe we could meet at the Brewery Bar II down at 2nd and Kalamath on Saturday afternoon?  They have the best green chilli in town.  That is a central location.  I don't know what the weather is supposed to be.  My 2a does not have a top or a heater.  Know of any original top bows for sale?

Lew

Bruce W View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct. 2005 at 12:15am

Sounds good to me-- Green chili, beer, an' "tail-gate-4-wheelin'" (We used to call it "Bench-Racin'").  What could be better than that?

What time, Lew, and how's the best way for me to find it, comin' from Greeley?

BW

47cjay2a View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 47cjay2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct. 2005 at 7:13pm

Lew-

What part of town are you coming from?

Would be interrested in meeting somewhere near west den (golden,lakewood) if we could all decide on a place thats good for everyone. I am running spring creek outside of idaho springs sat- maybe hit tommyknocker/beaujos after that

let me know what works for you guys

Mike

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnkhoffman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct. 2005 at 9:05am

Guys:

Are things on for today (Saturday Oct 8th)?  I could meet at 1:30 or later.

Gary Hoffman

cell 303 8424530

gnkhoffman
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lew Ladwig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct. 2005 at 2:20pm

Did you guys ever get together?  I was thinking of this Saturday as the weather looks to be nice in DEnver so I could drive the jeep (no top or heater).

Lew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnkhoffman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct. 2005 at 8:42am

Lew:

It didn't come together.  I probably could meet Saturday (The Jeep is in the Mines Homecoming parade Saturday morning, but after that I would be available).  I too am on the west side of Denver (actually in Lakewood, almost to Golden).  Even if no one else can make it, it would be great to see your jeep.

Gary Hoffman

gnkhoffman@aol.com

gnkhoffman
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>