Forum Home Forum Home > Buying, Selling or Trading > Trading Post
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Complete blacksmith shop for cj2a or cj2a parts
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Complete blacksmith shop for cj2a or cj2a parts

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Agas46cj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Complete blacksmith shop for cj2a or cj2a parts
    Posted: 16 July 2022 at 10:26am
I used to blacksmith a lot, but can’t any longer due to arm problems. It all just sits in the shed collecting rust and needs to be used. I have everything for a complete home coal forging setup. Anvil, stump, forge, tongs, vise and bench, metal, coal, hammers. 

I’m looking for parts, body panels, body, engine, whole cj, anything really. 

If I were to sell it all I would ask for $3500, just so you know the range I’m looking for. Curious if there’s any interest out there to support my new hobby, cj2a’s

Located in southeast PA. 
Bondvaganond View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bondvaganond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct. 2022 at 4:01am
I'd be interested in an anvil if it is bigger than 150lbs, that's my current size hah.  I'd swap you jeep parts for it.  Could throw in my 150lb one so you still have a complete setup to sell/trade.  
Agas46cj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Agas46cj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct. 2022 at 6:28am
Same weight, sorry. I’ve actually found it difficult to sell this stuff in the current economy. I just wasn’t someone to enjoy and use it since I’m no longer able to. I’ve dropped the prices to $2000 obo in farmer papers, Craigslist, etc. 

Edited by Agas46cj - 23 Oct. 2022 at 6:29am
drm101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drm101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct. 2022 at 9:33am
I read an article years ago about an artist who graduated from school and wasn't sure what he wanted to do. The local blacksmith had died, and he bought his blacksmith shop, but had no idea how use any of it. He spent a few weeks cleaning the place, and every day a couple old guys would come in and drink his coffee and BS and watch him clean. When he tried to fire the forge, they said they had no idea how it worked, but the previous blacksmith used to walk over there and do something, then grab that lighter up there, then you have to use that bellows to get it hot. These two guys, even though they had never done a thing there, helped him get up and running and knew enough to give him ideas of how to use the tools. It was a great story. 
Maybe you can sell the stuff to a local artist and sit around and drink their coffee and get them up to speed. What an advantage they would have with you as their consultant. 

Edited by drm101 - 23 Oct. 2022 at 9:34am
Dean
'47 CJ2A "Mud Hen"
The less the Power the More the Force
Scratch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scratch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct. 2022 at 1:22pm
I dabble in blacksmithing and while you’re too far from me to work out any kind of a trade, (plus I don’t really have anything I want to let go right now…) I’d be interested in seeing pics of your setup.  Pics are always fun and maybe someone will be more interested once they see what you have.

I have two forges and a few anvils myself and and am always looking to see other peoples setups.
43 GPW 93487 Blk
44 GPW 230283 OD
46 CJ2A 50100 Tan
46 CJ2A 77632 Wht
47 CJ2A 141681 Grn
48 CJ2A 156240 Red/Yel
48 CJ2A "Lefty" 181341 Red
61 CJ5 123120 Tan
03 TJ Inca Gld
 Post Reply Post Reply