Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Tech Questions and Answers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

dana 30 caliper questions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: dana 30 caliper questions
    Posted: 01 July 2022 at 9:38am
slight concern on the disc brake caliper the narrow track dana 30 uses (two bolt wedge style)

where the brake hose enters the caliper usually would have some support to stop the possibility of the hose getting knocked and loosening, I noticed some have this provision and others do not.

my caliper does not, in this case sometimes the hose has the support.
but I cannot find any hoses 

the last picture with the flat face is what I have. offers no hose support.

Edited by Speedy - 01 July 2022 at 9:39am
- Mike
47 CJ2A - Warn OD, Ramsey PT1-J/Koenig 100,Arctic top,Dana 44 30 spline full float with disc's,Dana 30 with discs, 2.5 lift, Saginaw power steering, dual master cylinder
AKoller View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AKoller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2022 at 2:39pm
I am running the calipers like you have in the top photo and have had no issues with it or the hose.
1950 CJ3A "Thumper"
1966 M151 A1
1942 GPW #70221
Speedy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2022 at 3:46pm
Originally posted by AKoller AKoller wrote:

I am running the calipers like you have in the top photo and have had no issues with it or the hose.

so the top photo is what looks favourable to me.
the caliper looks like it stops the hose from rotating.
is this true? do you have a picture?

my caliper is the second in the original post and offers no support to the hose, I'm just worried from a safety standpoint if it will be fine,   

perhaps it doesn't use a banjo fitting? 

for argument sake, this chev caliper, the hose would go thru the cutout in the casting and stop the hose from twisting

or anyone with a stock jeep that has the dana 30 wedge caliper what hoses do they use?

this is likely for drum? but 1976 and some 77 cj7 has callipers in the front and lists this hose this would get rid of my worries. *edit looks like these are 3/8 and callipers are 7/16 so that answers that, they are likely drums.

this would be for caliper with banjo and dana 30 in 1977 then 1978 had these.

looks like I might have to live with what I have, just seems like an odd design with no added safety

Edited by Speedy - 01 July 2022 at 4:17pm
- Mike
47 CJ2A - Warn OD, Ramsey PT1-J/Koenig 100,Arctic top,Dana 44 30 spline full float with disc's,Dana 30 with discs, 2.5 lift, Saginaw power steering, dual master cylinder
 Post Reply Post Reply