Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Jeep Photos and Stories
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dengie Adventure

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dengie Adventure
    Posted: 26 Mar. 2023 at 9:42am
Couple of weeks ago Paul (Puddleduck) and I went to the end of the Dengie peninsula to view some WWII sea defences where the River Crouch meets the North Sea. Literally the most back and beyond you can get in Essex.

Some pictures below and a link to a video made by Paul of me (Thanks Paul!)  driving behind the Sea Wall.

And pictures:

Bunker Pill Box and if you are lucky in the distance you may see a Submarine watch tower.

Edited by JonJ - 26 Mar. 2023 at 9:46am
muley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar. 2023 at 11:48am
Splendid journeyThumbs Up
Joined Jan-8 2015
I never met a mule I didn't like!
OD Mule 01-52 M38
Big Red 19fiddy CJ3A salad
Oldpappy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldpappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar. 2023 at 11:58am
Interesting pictures, but the Video won't open for me, says it is "Private". Couple of nice looking flat fender Jeeps.
If you can't get there in a Jeep you don't need to be there!
JonJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar. 2023 at 12:08pm
Sorry Oldpappy, bit rusty on the YouTube. Try now.
Oldpappy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldpappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar. 2023 at 3:43pm
Works now. So, your Jeep is the CJ2A without a top, and his appears to be an "MB Clone" CJ2A, which I am in the process of building now. 

Both look like very nice Jeeps.
JonJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar. 2023 at 3:57pm
Thanks
Yes you are correct. Both are late 1948 the serial numbers are pretty close together which makes it pretty unusual in Essex. Both are a long way from their original home but only 5 miles apart.
JonJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar. 2023 at 4:02pm
If you want to see some pictures of Paul’s USCG tribute I’m sure he would be happy to supply. I will give him a nudge 😀
Oldpappy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldpappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar. 2023 at 7:03pm
Mine is to be a tribute of a late war MB and will have 6th Cavalry markings. This was the unit my uncle "Tubby" (Cecil W. Norman) was with during the Ardennes Offensive (Battle of the Bulge). 

Mine is also being built on a late 48 CJ2A base. 

Edited by Oldpappy - 26 Mar. 2023 at 7:06pm
JonJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar. 2023 at 8:40am
Look forward to the pictures!
 Post Reply Post Reply