Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Shows and get togethers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Detroit 4Fest at Holly Offroad Park - Event Date: 12 Aug. 2020 - 13 Aug. 2020

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drm101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: Detroit 4Fest at Holly Offroad Park
    Posted: 10 Aug. 2020 at 5:16pm
https://www.detroit4fest.com/
We went last year and had fun. There are obstacles for a range of vehicles and Jeep, Roxor and other equipment manufacturers will be there. Our house is about 6 or so miles from the park. If anyone wants to camp in our backyard, let me know. We have an acre lot behind us and I can run you an extension cord. There is also Groveland Oaks campground right across from the park, but my guess is that it's booked solid for that weekend. 

Edited by drm101 - 10 Aug. 2020 at 5:22pm
Dean
'47 CJ2A "Ron"
'66 CJ5 "Buckie"
The less the Power the More the Force
Bill Norris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Norris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug. 2020 at 5:30pm
Dean,

Did anything old show up last year? I might be interested in going. 

Thanks,
Bill
Holy Toledo! Jeep Calendars and the Dispatcher Jeep magazine

http://dispatchermagazine.com
drm101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drm101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug. 2020 at 5:59pm
There was one other Willys that I saw, very modified, very green paint, with a small block, wide axles and big tires. It was mostly side by sides, Roxors and new Wranglers, Cherokees, etc.. I had a great time, though. You're the cool kid if you show up in an old Willys. If you come out, let me know, and if you just want to come up and go for a ride in my Jeep, I'd be happy to pick you up and show you around. I took a few spectators for rides last year. My number is 248-931-9547. 
Dean
'47 CJ2A "Ron"
'66 CJ5 "Buckie"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Norris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug. 2020 at 1:35pm
Dean,

I might take you up on that. Such a shortage of Jeeps shows, I need some kind of fix.

Hard to commit right now until I find out about the kids school schedule and sports.

Thanks for the offer.
Bill

drm101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drm101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug. 2020 at 4:27pm
Anytime! That goes for anyone that shows up. If it's like last year, you can walk in and just give me a call and I'll swing around and take you for a quick spin around the park. Last year it was laid-back. 
Dean
'47 CJ2A "Ron"
'66 CJ5 "Buckie"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Norris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug. 2020 at 1:58am
Sounds good- thanks. 

drm101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drm101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep. 2020 at 2:30pm
Here's a few pics. I was there by myself, so not many of the Willy's on the trails, but I did get a few pics of others. The first is charging the battery. I left the key on overnight. I'm channeling Grandpa Jeep. I need all the help I can get.
Flying the happy flag. I thought the world needs a happy flag these days.

They just made this new concrete hill to simulate slick rock. I tried the bowl and was able to make it up. The back side had steps and I did not have the ground clearance to make it up the steps. I watched a lifted Wrangler go up the steps and almost lay his Jeep on it's side. He said afterwards, that he shouldn't need a bathroom for a few days. Fun stuff.

There was a couple there with drones and they chased me down and said they have some great footage of the Willy's going up some hills. If I can find it, I'll try to post that. I'll head back today for a little more fun and maybe get some more pics. 

Edited by drm101 - 13 Sep. 2020 at 2:35pm
Dean
'47 CJ2A "Ron"
'66 CJ5 "Buckie"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Norris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep. 2020 at 5:48pm
Dean,

Nuts, sorry I missed this- Big Gretch said the kids can play soccer now, so I was out on the fields.

Glad you had a good time.

Bill

drm101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drm101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep. 2020 at 1:08am
The park opens next weekend, so there will be lots more opportunities. I pushed it a bit harder today and flattened my rear springs enough that the rear shackles are hitting the frame. Time for some new ones. Let me know if you want to meet there one weekend. 
Dean
'47 CJ2A "Ron"
'66 CJ5 "Buckie"
drm101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drm101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep. 2020 at 1:26am
A few more pics. This poor guy didn't see the big crack that devoured his Grand Cherokee. No worries, though. After strapping on a nice person pulled him upright. Both driver and passenger were a little shaky, but he didn't put a scratch on the Jeep. 

Here's The Notch which was designed for the diehard rock crawlers. 
I was on my home home and this guy, My father-in-law, and the guy I bought my Willy's from flags me down for a chit chat. If you want to draw a crowd, park two Willy's in a Kroger parking lot. 

Dean
'47 CJ2A "Ron"
'66 CJ5 "Buckie"
drm101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drm101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep. 2020 at 4:36pm
Here's one of me going up the big hill. I tried 3 or 4 times but could not make it up. It was sandy and steep at the top and the old girl would just run out of steam. 

Edited by drm101 - 14 Sep. 2020 at 4:38pm
Dean
'47 CJ2A "Ron"
'66 CJ5 "Buckie"
 Post Reply Post Reply