Forum Home Forum Home > Bantam Trailer - Discussion - For Sale - Wanted > Bantam Trailer - Tech Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dietz Taillight wiring ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dietz Taillight wiring ?
    Posted: 16 Feb. 2018 at 12:21am
I have Dietz 6-06 tail lights on my T3c and it only has a black and red wire.  I am using a new 4 flat harness but don't know how to wire them together.  Does anyone know what colors go with the red and black.  
4 flat harness has: Dietz 6-06 has:
Wht ground Red
Yellow left turn Black
green right turn
Brown taillight

Thanks in advance!!
Ed 
1947 Bantam T3C
Rus Curtis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rus Curtis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb. 2018 at 3:52am
Ed,
Look like this? 

One or two bulbs?   If one bulb most likely a large filament and a small filament (Brake and Tail respectively).  I wouldn't want to guess, as my odds are only 50/50 (not bad).  However, it's awfully easy to test. 

Get a small piece of wire and clip or anchor to the mounting stud and ground it to the car.  Take another small piece of wire and touch one end of the wire to the red and the other to the + on the battery.  Look at the brightness.  Repeat for the black wire.  Then you'll know which is which.

Rus Curtis
Alabama
1954 CJ3B
Bantam T3-C
emah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb. 2018 at 10:05pm
I wasn't able to see a picture in the ebay listing.  I will try this but since I suspect theses are only taillight without turn signal lights I will have to replace them in order to get the trailer registered.  I dontthink these are street legal.  Thanks Russ!
1947 Bantam T3C
Unkamonkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unkamonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb. 2018 at 10:42pm
They only have to meet up to what was legal at the time it was built. At least here In CO.
uncamonkey
emah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb. 2018 at 5:13pm
uncamonkey,
I'll have to look into that after all, this is CA.  
1947 Bantam T3C
 Post Reply Post Reply