Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Modifications from original
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Disc Brake conversion brake lines

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 47heater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Disc Brake conversion brake lines
    Posted: 18 Feb. 2018 at 3:07am
Does anyone have a photo of the flexible brake line from the calipers the hard brake line on the front axle. I have a 16" flexible brake line. That seams really long to run it thru the original brake line shield on top of the knuckle. Any ideas would be appreciated.
bobevans View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobevans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb. 2018 at 3:21am
I ran the long, flexible hose up to the frame and then added a bracket to the frame to transition to the hard line.  Most later model Jeeps did it that way.  On my '48, where I did an 11"drum swap, I got a fairly short hose and went back to the axle tube.  I can get a pic of either if you wish.

'48 CJ2A

'56 DJ3A

'79 CJ7

And two of them actually run!
bobevans View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobevans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb. 2018 at 3:22am
'48 CJ2A

'56 DJ3A

'79 CJ7

And two of them actually run!
 Post Reply Post Reply