Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Tech Questions and Answers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Disc brake proportioning valve location

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 47heater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Disc brake proportioning valve location
    Posted: 16 Feb. 2018 at 6:23pm
I'm installing a front disc brake conversion & new master cylinder from Herm the overdrive guy. Does anyone have any photos on where you installed the proportioning valve. This master cylinder mounts in the same basic location as the original one. I will also be doing a 11" rear drum brake upgrade if that matters. Thanks.
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb. 2018 at 7:25pm
I used an adjustable one and mounted it in the rear brake line so that the knob is accessible through the driver side wheel well....(once it's adjustable you probably won't fool with it anymore anyway)

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
bobevans View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobevans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb. 2018 at 4:15am
I also used an adjustable one from Wilwood, which I purchased through Summit.  Mine is mounted in the rear line pretty much directly under the driver's seat.  I found a tapped hole and it mounts with 1 ( I think!) bolt right to the inside of the frame.  Like Roc said, I made a few adjustments after hard braking that very first time and haven't touched it since.

Edited by bobevans - 18 Feb. 2018 at 4:18am
'48 CJ2A

'56 DJ3A

'79 CJ7

And two of them actually run!
Stev View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb. 2018 at 4:49pm
Used an adjustable from JEDS.  Lots of good places along the flat section of open frame rail under /rear of the drivers seat.
Stev
1946 CJ2A Trail Jeep (The Saint), 1948 CJ2A Lefty Restored
 Post Reply Post Reply