Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Jeep Photos and Stories
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Disc Brakes on a CJ2A

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fltfndr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Disc Brakes on a CJ2A
    Posted: 21 Feb. 2023 at 11:14am
I want to convert my 2A with 11 inch drums to disc. Need some help with what rotors and caliper to use in the rear. Running a 44 with full floater conversion. Need a caliper that incorprates a cable actuated emergency brake.   Any Help?

Fltfndr
Fltfndr
1948 CJ2A Restomod "Six Pac"
The object of war is not to die for your country, but make the other bastard die for his. George S. Patton
jeepsterjim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeepsterjim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb. 2023 at 11:30am
Originally posted by Fltfndr Fltfndr wrote:

I want to convert my 2A with 11 inch drums to disc. Need some help with what rotors and caliper to use in the rear. Running a 44 with full floater conversion. Need a caliper that incorprates a cable actuated emergency brake.   Any Help?

Fltfndr

This  is a good disc brake swap. I have it on mine but upgraded the rear to Electric E-brake system. 

You could upgrade the front hubs to disc hubs and spindles, ('79 cj)  for a little extra strength and bigger bearing.
Jim
CJ-2A - 81299
Oldpappy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldpappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb. 2023 at 8:30pm
John,

I can't help with identifying the calipers you want, but I will mention that if you do the conversion and want to sell the 11" brakes I would be interested. 
If you can't get there in a Jeep you don't need to be there!
IronAge52 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IronAge52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar. 2023 at 7:08pm
Just buy a new jeep.it will have all that stuff.
gearwrencher
jeeper50 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeeper50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar. 2023 at 7:49pm
I went with the brennan's discs setup front and back. Fantastic performance! It's nice driving in city traffic with no worries about about stop and go traffic and buying the back of somebodies high dollar tesla or truck, cause the 11 inchers just weren't cutting the mustard anymore, just saying what many of us had gone to. 

Edited by jeeper50 - 04 Mar. 2023 at 7:54pm

Belleview ol skool winch soon.
'48 CJ2A 283 V8 sm 420 granny low, tera low D18, overdrive,lockers

Texan at heart,Alabama by retirement

a4cj2a77 View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a4cj2a77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar. 2023 at 7:10pm
Installed Brennan's setup works great, no shoes to adjust, no leaking wheel cylinders win win. 
 Porsche 914s have calipers with e-brake cables that actuate the brake pads instead of  having separate e-brake shoes. 
Phil
Fltfndr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fltfndr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar. 2023 at 5:45pm
What rotors did you use?

Fltfndr
Fltfndr
1948 CJ2A Restomod "Six Pac"
The object of war is not to die for your country, but make the other bastard die for his. George S. Patton
jeepsterjim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeepsterjim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar. 2023 at 9:03pm
Originally posted by Fltfndr Fltfndr wrote:

What rotors did you use?

Fltfndr

lot of good reading.
Jim
CJ-2A - 81299
 Post Reply Post Reply