Forum Home Forum Home > Other Vehicles Area > Other Vehicles - Your Project
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

DMC-12

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryan_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar. 2013 at 11:50am
Originally posted by Lee (MN) Lee (MN) wrote:

Ryan my friend, the "Jeep" is the most recognized vehicle worldwide, the DMC may be 2nd, LOL

Lee

Haha....looks like you got me on that one. Anyone try putting a flux capacitor in a stock 2A? Given the 88mph requirement nobody would be able to find out if it worked without some other serious upgrades.....
'49 CJ3A
'51 CJ3A
'42 Willys MB-T
'47 Bantam T3-C
East Coast Willys Association
OverlandMan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverlandMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar. 2013 at 12:39pm
Originally posted by Ryan_M Ryan_M wrote:

Must be a lot of fun to own and drive. I was a huge fan of the movies as a kid so in my mind the DMC is about the most instantly recognizable vehicle ever built. Interesting documentary on your blog too. I watched it in its entirety. Too bad a company with such seemingly intelligent and motivated people burned out as quickly as it did.

It is fun to drive around town and see the reaction of other folks --> Lots of pointing, waving, and mobile phone pictures.

That video was made before the company folded and was a really interesting documentary. There were several contributing factors to the failure. It was doomed long before the cocaine scandal. Part of me is glad things worked out the way they did, as now my care is more rare and desirable.

Thanks for the interest and comments!
1948 CJ2A # 217333
My Project

JW in Dallas, TX
WRMorrison View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WRMorrison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar. 2013 at 12:52pm
I've always wanted to see one of these polished to a mirror finish, but it would probably destroy the value of the car.

-WRM
OverlandMan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverlandMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar. 2013 at 1:01pm
Originally posted by WRMorrison WRMorrison wrote:

I've always wanted to see one of these polished to a mirror finish, but it would probably destroy the value of the car.

-WRM

Go here http://www.pndc.org/gallery/index.php?year=2006 and scroll down to the DCS 2006 photos. There should be 3 or 4 pics of a mirror finished DeLorean. Its the only one I've ever seen.
1948 CJ2A # 217333
My Project

JW in Dallas, TX
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12