Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Jeep Photos and Stories
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Doing actual work with the jeep..Add your photos!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Doing actual work with the jeep..Add your photos!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2829303132 44>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote RICKG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2018 at 4:39pm
Head 'em up, move 'em out!
I never met a mule I didn't like!
MC51986 "OD MULE" DOD 01-52
'50 CJ3A "Bucksnort".
Keep 'em Rollin'
m38mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2018 at 7:47pm
Originally posted by Katiedid Katiedid wrote:

Heading to greener pastures with the moms and kids. I cruise through them in my jeep so often, I had to get out and yell at them to get 'em moving! Perfect ranch vehicle for 'moseying' around and getting some work done too.

Maybe you need a "bull" horn to call them, then lead them where you want them to go.  Either that or install some BIG air horns on the Jeep to "blow" them in the direction you want them to travel.  I know that my neighbor's cows move away quickly when I use my air horns and they're blocking the road.
M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
52 M38 Blue Mule, 51 M100 Blue Mule Tale
52 XM38EV1 Electro-Willys, 52 M100 Juice Box
Katiedid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katiedid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2018 at 9:54pm
Originally posted by m38mike m38mike wrote:

Originally posted by Katiedid Katiedid wrote:

Heading to greener pastures with the moms and kids. I cruise through them in my jeep so often, I had to get out and yell at them to get 'em moving! Perfect ranch vehicle for 'moseying' around and getting some work done too.

Maybe you need a "bull" horn to call them, then lead them where you want them to go.  Either that or install some BIG air horns on the Jeep to "blow" them in the direction you want them to travel.  I know that my neighbor's cows move away quickly when I use my air horns and they're blocking the road.

As I am the one dealing with the cows usually, we've come to some mutually agreeable understandings -- one of which is that we don't listen to the boys. A "bull" horn would only cause them to roll their eyes and head the other way. I completely sympathize with this attitude.   
Katiedid
48 CJ2A Waltzing Matilda
Rock Cred View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rock Cred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 11:14pm
This attached video is and example of how my Jeep gets used on a daily basis. My brother and I learned how to use our Jeeps and how to drive our Jeeps from our dad. He was a bulldozer operator and used his Jeep with a winch to help put the tracks on after repairing the undercarriage as an example of the many things he used his Jeep for. There is a photo of that Jeep during hunting season in Jeep photos, and that is also the vehicle that I learned to drive in at the age of 
gostby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gostby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 8:32pm
I thought I would use my new bed to deliver some boards to the local cabinet maker. Gary.
gostby
smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 9:19pm
Originally posted by Rock Cred Rock Cred wrote:

This attached video is and example of how my Jeep gets used on a daily basis. My brother and I learned how to use our Jeeps and how to drive our Jeeps from our dad. He was a bulldozer operator and used his Jeep with a winch to help put the tracks on after repairing the undercarriage as an example of the many things he used his Jeep for. There is a photo of that Jeep during hunting season in Jeep photos, and that is also the vehicle that I learned to drive in at the age of 

Ted, that's a mighty spiffy post puller you got there.
Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
Grampa's Jeep Build Thread
Steelyard Blues View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steelyard Blues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2018 at 1:51am
Loaded up the trailer and went to Summit to swap out tires. I had new 7.00-16 and decided to remain with the stock 6.00-16. Then did some clean up around the house.

Micah

1947 CJ2A 106327, Engine J109205, Tub 97077. Luzon Red

https://www.thecj2apage.com/forums/steelyard-blues_topic41024_post397981.html?KW=micah+movie#397981

1965 Johnson Furnace Company M416 #6-1577
On Jeep About View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote On Jeep About Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2018 at 4:48am
Spring time, enough snow gone to get to my tamarack cash.
Only my Jeep can get in and out, about 10 trips to a cord, 3 cords brought in.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote On Jeep About Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2018 at 4:54am
Isn’t it interesting, only stock looking jeeps, low suspension, small tires are working jeeps.
I guess when they grow up there to good to work anymore.
On Jeep About

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steelyard Blues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2018 at 5:35am
Jeep about,
You need to find a Bantam or M416 trailer for your firewood hauling and other project. Great little trailers and they come in handy. Plus the looks you get from people can be priceless.

I finally swapped out my wheels and hauled the old ones over to the storage garage. About 400 pounds loaded in the trailer.

Micah

Edited by Steelyard Blues - 29 June 2018 at 5:49am

https://www.thecj2apage.com/forums/steelyard-blues_topic41024_post397981.html?KW=micah+movie#397981

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote On Jeep About Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2018 at 2:09am
Originally posted by Steelyard Blues Steelyard Blues wrote:

Jeep about,
You need to find a Bantam or M416 trailer for your firewood hauling and other project. Great little trailers and they come in handy. Plus the looks you get from people can be priceless.

I finally swapped out my wheels and hauled the old ones over to the storage garage. About 400 pounds loaded in the trailer.

Micah

you are absolutely right. Especially now, I was on a Jeep about yesterday and found my next winters tamerack. Beyond were I want to go with my pickup. So I’ve got one year to come up with one🤠🤠🤠🤠🤠🤠

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steelyard Blues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2018 at 2:19am
If this guy were closer, I would have taken a look at what he had. It was just too far. He has been listing them for a while. Maybe you can get a good deal.

Make sure you get one with a lunette

I found mine in Northern California with no lunette. I luckily found one in Canada for $200. Some wanted $400 for one.

Micah

Edited by Steelyard Blues - 03 July 2018 at 2:22am

Thing 2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thing 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug. 2018 at 11:11pm
working Jeep. Hauled my carcass to the outhouse. 
ggordon49 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ggordon49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug. 2018 at 2:04am
is that a real lizard on that pile of gravel? (LOL) LOL
- Don't Let The Fatherless Ones Grind You Down -
- I like them stock, survivor's with original paint are my favorites -
Thing 2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thing 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug. 2018 at 2:02pm
not a real lizard. Flea market find for $1. He will probably show up in various locations around here for years before someone shoots him. 
Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug. 2018 at 2:24am
The lizard needs to show up somewhere in any pic you post from now on.  You can have a "where's the lizard?" contest with every pic!  LOL
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
ggordon49 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ggordon49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug. 2018 at 1:35pm
Originally posted by Ol' Unreliable Ol' Unreliable wrote:

The lizard needs to show up somewhere in any pic you post from now on.  You can have a "where's the lizard?" contest with every pic!  LOL

I like that idea Wink I got a kick out of that.
- Don't Let The Fatherless Ones Grind You Down -
- I like them stock, survivor's with original paint are my favorites -
Thing 2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thing 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug. 2018 at 3:30pm
another working shot. (With lizard) just can’t get the picture to show correctly 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2829303132 44>