Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Jeep Photos and Stories
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Doing actual work with the jeep..Add your photos!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Doing actual work with the jeep..Add your photos!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4041424344>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flatfender Ben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb. 2022 at 5:30pm
That’s awesome Clap
1946 cj2a desert dog
1946 cj2a bulldog
1948 cj2a blue jeep
1953 cj3b yard dog
1955 willys wagon
1955 willys pickup
1956 willys pickup boomer
1960 fc 170
1968 jeepster commando
1990 Grand wagoneer
RSR_MK View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RSR_MK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb. 2022 at 6:08pm
Nice, reminds me of pulling a hay wagon. Like a good dog they will follow you anywhere, just plan your trip well.  Backing up is a different sort of animal. 

Mike 
DesertDog48 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DesertDog48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb. 2022 at 11:50pm
If I didn't have chains on it would have slid off the bottom of the picture!!!finally got a plow on the 3A and tried it out!

Edited by DesertDog48 - 07 Feb. 2022 at 11:53pm
48 CJ2A
83 CJ7 Lerado
JeepFever View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb. 2022 at 8:29pm
Originally posted by DesertDog48 DesertDog48 wrote:

If I didn't have chains on it would have slid off the bottom of the picture!!! 

LOL

Great photo . . when I turn laptop 90 deg.  
JeepFever View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb. 2022 at 8:52pm
Originally posted by WeeWilly WeeWilly wrote:

A jeep train, I love it.   Now you can hook the log splitter to the second trailer and the wood chopper to it. Thumbs Up

Jim

I am very tempted to try your idea,  but a little reluctant to modify the second trailer.  My thought is to keep it mostly original when I 'restore' it.   This one has some surface rust,  and some rust in the floor,  but is in much better shape than the first one was.

Today,  I split some wood and pulled it home with the Jeep train.  I could have saved a trip,  if I could have pulled the splitter home, along with the wood.  Smile

I actually really like this dual trailer setup.  The second trailer does follow great behind the first one.  It only tracks about 4" further inside,  in a sharp curve.  

Photo of loading up:

I did not load too full,  because I was a little concerned that it might not make it up a fairly steep hill on the soft,  leaf-covered, trail.   It made it up no problem though.

bobevans View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobevans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb. 2022 at 8:59pm
Nice set up, Ron. I had mine out to clean up some deadfall after the ice storm 
'48 CJ2A

'56 DJ3A

'79 CJ7

And two of them actually run!
bobevans View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobevans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb. 2022 at 9:01pm
Let’s try one right side up
'48 CJ2A

'56 DJ3A

'79 CJ7

bobevans View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobevans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb. 2022 at 9:02pm
Nope. Darn new phone.
'48 CJ2A

'56 DJ3A

'79 CJ7

JeepFever View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb. 2022 at 11:34pm
More Jeep train photos,  hopefully I am not over doing it.  Embarrassed

Another combination.   I wanted to go to son's woodpile,  (thru the woods).  I only had time to get one load of wood and come back.   The splitter was at my house.    By hooking them together,  I only needed to make one trip. 

Arriving at the scene,  ready to start splitting the first log.

In and out quick,  before my son could see me taking his wood.  LOL

One of the tight turns on the way home.

wfopete View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wfopete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb. 2022 at 10:08am
My neck started hurting so I had to fix these.  Isn't that a lot of plow for that jeep or do just take small bites when pushing snow?

Edited by wfopete - 12 Feb. 2022 at 10:10am
Suffer Fools, Gladly!
U.S. Army Iraq Veteran (ret.)
AKoller View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AKoller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb. 2022 at 11:37am
This winter I’ve been working on clearing the trees around my pond. The willow trees over the last few years have gotten quite tall and they have no root system so every time the Kansas wind blows a few more of the fall into the water. I'm tired of winching them out of the water so it’s time for them to go. My wife keeps saying I’m just looking for ways to play with the Jeep and the Warn 8274. She’s not wrong….

Edited by AKoller - 14 Feb. 2022 at 7:04am
1950 CJ3A "Thumper"
1966 M151 A1
1942 GPW #70221
JeepFever View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar. 2022 at 11:04pm

Another use for the "engine lift"

My younger son had several large trees cut down last year,  close to his house.  It has provided a lot of firewood,  but I am trying to make other use of some of it -> lumber.

Yesterday,  I used Wilson to to lift the 6" wide slabs onto sawhorses,  to cut into more manageable size with my "Alaskan Saw Mill"  (sorta visible,  to the right of the supported log).

Edit: I cut those slabs a while back,  and used my older son's tractor to move around.  This week my younger son hinted that he wanted my logs out of his yard. LOL   He wants to plant grass there.

Edited by JeepFever - 28 Mar. 2022 at 11:10pm
ajax25 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ajax25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr. 2022 at 11:41am
Not today but a couple of summers ago I built a playground for my kids. Put the trampoline in the ground and built a playhouse, then we filled the area full of pea gravel. I built this wooden box and zip tied it onto the front of my jeep and used it to haul pea gravel from the giant pile over to the playground area 😂 
DesertDog48 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DesertDog48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr. 2022 at 12:38am
[QUOTE=wfopete]My neck started hurting so I had to fix these.  Isn't that a lot of plow for that jeep or do just take small bites when pushing snow?
I've always liked the 7-1/2' better than the 6-1/2".  Driveway is about a half mile and unless it's a deep wet snow I rarely have a problem.   Thanks for rotating the pics!
48 CJ2A
83 CJ7 Lerado
JeepFever View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2022 at 11:36pm
I put the "Jeep train" to use again today.

Only one trip,  instead of two. Smile  Clearing fallen trees/branches from trail on my son's property.
 edit:  one trip today,  there will be many more to come,   but will be half as many as using one trailer.

I learned one thing today, though.  This rig does not go down the road (empty) over 30 mph.  The middle trailer has virtually no tongue weight, because the rear trailer is pushing down on the back of it.   FISH TAIL to the extreme!    It might be ok, if the middle trailer had a bunch of weight in the front.  

Edited by JeepFever - 03 June 2022 at 12:08am
Ranger42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ranger42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2022 at 11:53am
My Willys is taking on a required duty for any working vehicle here in Southeast Alaska - hauling the skiff (boat).  Getting out in our skiff to drop a shrimp pot or fish for halibut is part of our way of life, and the Willys sometimes helps by hauling the skiff to and from the boat launch.  Low 1st gear helps.  Also, I'm cautious to never let the jeep touch the salt water.

1950 CJ3A w/1945 MB Engine
JeepFever View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep. 2022 at 11:30pm
Not a lot of "work" here,  except hauling some water (that blue tank) and a battery-powered pressure-washer into the woods.    This was used to clean the mud from our granddaughter's playset.

Some of the work performed earlier - > was to pack down loose dirt.   I did not think to get photo of Wilson at work at that time,   but you can see the NDT tire tracks in the dirt. :-)

The rest of this post will be boring to most,  but thought I would share the story,  in case anyone can learn from it.

My son's in-law's got this playset for my granddaughter,  but there was no level spot on my son's property to put it.   I borrowed a tractor to level a spot.   My thought was to make a basically flat area with a small amount of slope in 2 directions.   The problem though ->  after a couple years, the center sank down,  and became a big puddle when the rain would downpour.  All of the water would run down the yard,  and into the center of play area.  It became a soggy mess.

I used a tiller and shovel to move dirt from the outside of pad to center,  effectively raising it 4" (you can barely see the cinderblocks that will be new foundation for playset).   The center of pad is 6-8" above the outside,  so all water should flow away from playset.   My son also built a retaining wall,  and above that ->  we created a "swale" to direct water away before it gets to wall.    Hopefully,  none of the water above the pad will flow into the pad,  regardless of how hard and long it rains.  

Edited by JeepFever - 01 Mar. 2023 at 8:19pm
Scratch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scratch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep. 2022 at 9:56am
Fall is wood gettin' time around these parts.

Edited by Scratch - 25 Sep. 2022 at 9:58am
43 GPW 93487 Blk
44 GPW 230283 OD
46 CJ2A 50100 Tan
46 CJ2A 77632 Wht
47 CJ2A 141681 Grn
48 CJ2A 156240 Red/Yel
48 CJ2A "Lefty" 181341 Red
61 CJ5 123120 Tan
03 TJ Inca Gld
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4041424344>