Forum Home Forum Home > Buying, Selling or Trading > Auction Listings / Classified Ads/ Jeeps for Sale Sightings!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Drive shaft guards/shields

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shofer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2007 at 7:36pm
a

Edited by shofer - 16 Dec. 2007 at 4:01am
samcj2a View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samcj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2007 at 8:32pm

Shofer,

Not a waste of time. I agree with you.  I've seen many concerns expressed about eBay on this site.  I'm relatively happy with what I have bought on eBay.  Sure, there are extraordinarily high prices on some auctions, and, there are some decent deals on others.  What is clear to me is that the market for 2A items is imperfect in the sense that, even with the worldwide reach of eBay, the same or very similar items sell for significantly different prices on any given day.  You can only be successful in an auction if you have sense for what something is worth and don't overbid on items as a buyer and don't over-price as a seller.  Yes, there are shills, but, if you don't overbid, the item either sells to the shill and will be relisted, or, someone else overpays.   Also, what is a fair price to some is too high or too low for others.  So be it.  Wait for what is okay for you or, if you find you have misjudged the market, cave or do without.

Edited by samcj2a - 12 June 2007 at 8:33pm
Sam

1946 CJ2A   15292 ACM    6678

1947 CJ2A 122031 ACM 111989

Are Glass Bowl Fuel Pumps OE?
lockdowns View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lockdowns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2007 at 9:19pm
Originally posted by bkreutz bkreutz wrote:

Makes you wonder what is real, or more accureately, when "buy it now" is really "buy it now" or is it "buy it now unless too many people want to buy it now and then cancel auction and relist it as regular auction because maybe I can make more money", I'm not referring to this auction, but it just happened to me on something else, responded to "buy it now" paid through paypal, only to get an email from paypal saying my money had been refunded because the auction was relisted because of an "error in listing". My personal response to this,, I don't care what it is, or how bad I need it. I won't bid on it, I'll find it somewhere else or do without. Now I got a "you need to pay for this item" in my ebay, on an auction that was cancelled. Almost at the point of not looking at ebay anymore. Guess the days of if you make a mistake advertizing a price you stick by your word and take the loss is long gone. Sorry for ranting, just seems like more of this stuff is happening every day.
Well, Alan just e-mailed and said the shields will be shipped on Wednesday. Sounds like a deal that's being carried thru. I did not realize that Alan had that many of them, so that explains theConfused. I think it good that Alan has offered these items for sale and at a decent price! I was talking to someone today who said his original went  for $700+. The bottom line is these prices will keep going up as long as there is an interest in Jeeps. I consider myself lucky to have found my Jeep when I did and for finding this forum. It is nice for a change to restore something and have this kind of support. Clap 
Hey, what's this do?
(Name Blocked) View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote (Name Blocked) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2007 at 9:28pm
Would have shipped them sooner but ordered boxes and they came in today. So we have been packing orders most of the afternoon. I hope you like foam peanuts cause your getting 2 cubic feet of them.
lockdowns View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lockdowns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2007 at 9:30pm

Bring it on! I love the stuff! Use it for the crap I'm sellin'!Wink

Hey, what's this do?
timcj2a View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timcj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2007 at 10:27pm
OK. So "Alan" had several sets of drive shaft guards for sale (auction?) sounds like he went to a lot of hard work to find that many complete sets of what I consider a hard part to find here in CA. My point is this, I responded to the original posting of this item being up for "auction" on Ebay. I put in an initial bid of $100.00. I was sent a message from Ebay saying the item had been relisted due to a change in the description of the item. Turns out it was a problem with the amount of money being sought for the item. I personally take issue with fact that there were more than one available and "Alan" couldn't let due process run it's course to the end of this first "auction". You know, if "Alan" was just some schmuck in Ebay-land I'd chalk it up to experience, however he is a regular member of this community and I feel that this could of had a more equitable outcome.

And no, I'm not into drama, but I will give my opinion when anyone questions me.
1946 CJ2A #69376

Chula Vista, CA

lockdowns View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lockdowns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2007 at 12:35am
I think everybody should calm down and understand that this is the free market place. When I bought these shields, I saw the original ad for $75. Though a bid was placed for $100, I'm sure you must have known you would have to up the ante. I know that I would have out bid you if you didn't. A mistake was made, an apology was made. Forget it! You now have to decide if these parts are worth the money. I did with some soul searching. Alluding to dishonest activities will not win you the parts. When you bid on E-bay it's doggie- dog. Here should be a more pleasant atmosphere. BIG HUG!!!Hug

Edited by lockdowns - 13 June 2007 at 12:37am
Hey, what's this do?

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote (Name Blocked) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2007 at 10:39am
Yes the 75 was a mistake should have been 275 buy it now. Tell you what. When I get down to my last pair which will be very soon. I will place them on ebay to the highest bidder. You can bid on them and I hope you get them real cheap.
oldiron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldiron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2007 at 10:16am
I just bought a set from Alan on e-bay using the buy-it-now option.  I think Alan handled it right. He listed a quality item for a reasonable price. The advantage of selling like this on e-bay is that the seller knows the buyer is much more likely to complete the deal. 
get it done
oldiron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldiron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2007 at 12:03pm
Update:

I sent a money order to Alan and got the kit within 3 days!  The kit is FIRST RATE!!.  It was great dealing with Alan. There is no way anyone could make the kit let alone one piece for that kind of money.  This is a screaming deal. 
get it done
Jeff A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2007 at 6:14pm
Made me crawl under my Jeep and look to see if I had them.Pinch
47 CJ2A
48 CJ2A Sold
89 YJ
06 TJ
lockdowns View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lockdowns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2007 at 8:06pm
Outstanding!Big%20smile Best darn box of styrofoam peanuts I ever got. The shields were okay too, I guess...WinkLOL Thanks Alan!Clap
Hey, what's this do?

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote (Name Blocked) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2007 at 8:27pm
I hope you enjoy them
CJ3A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CJ3A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2007 at 2:10pm
Alan,
Is this set you have on Ebay the last set selling to the highest bidder? Just wondering because they are at $275 with the reserve not met.
Semper Fi!

Wolf Fabrication - Off Road Welding and Fabrication

Jeep Rescue - Vintage Willys and Jeep Restorations
trader_reed View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trader_reed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2007 at 2:30pm
Originally posted by Alan Alan wrote:

Yes the 75 was a mistake should have been 275 buy it now. Tell you what. When I get down to my last pair which will be very soon. I will place them on ebay to the highest bidder. You can bid on them and I hope you get them real cheap.

But not cheaper than $275 Ermm
CJ3A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CJ3A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2007 at 7:41pm
Hmmm, auction ended with the reserve not met at $270
Semper Fi!

Wolf Fabrication - Off Road Welding and Fabrication

Jeep Rescue - Vintage Willys and Jeep Restorations
tony View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2007 at 9:10pm
Damm, just bit my tounge agian Ouch
Too many jeeps.....GOT JEEP ?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12