Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Shows and get togethers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Easter Jeep Safari 2018 - Event Date: 24 Mar. 2018 - 01 Apr. 2018

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 15>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bear Cub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan. 2018 at 5:13pm
I live in Grand Junction, CO and am planning on coming over on Thursday the 29th for the last couple of days of EJS (could not get time off from work for the whole week). 

I have a fairly stock 48 and hopefully can get her ready by then. 

Would love to join this run on the 30th. 

jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan. 2018 at 5:20pm
Hi Bear Cub,

Welcome to the forum! Can you tell us about your jeep? I'd like to see some closeups of your top. Maybe start a new thread in Jeep Photos and Stories! Looking forward to meeting you
CJ2A #29110 "General Willys"
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

"We do what we can, and we try what we can't"
Bear Cub View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bear Cub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan. 2018 at 5:48pm
Jpet,

I will post over there, it is a long story, been in my family since the 50s. 

I am looking forward to Moab this year. Been some long weekends working on her since last summer when i finally brought her home. 
smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan. 2018 at 6:13pm
Bear Cub et al,

I'm camping with Jeff (jpet) at the Canyonlands Campground, so look for us there. We're in the back near the fence.
He's taking off on Friday after the Flat Fender Run and I am staying through the weekend. Well, actually my wife and some friends are coming down with my friends new JK mall crawler starting Monday night. But Saturday and Sunday I will be on my own and looking for some trail buddies to do some flatfendering with. 
After that it will probably be bunny trails and shopping in town for me. Confused  My friend doesn't want to do anything that will endanger his new JK. 
Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
Grampa's Jeep Build Thread
Bridog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bridog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan. 2018 at 6:15pm
Welcome to the forum Bear Cub!  I am not sure what trail a couple of us are doing on Thursday, but you are welcome to join us. Looking forward to wheelin’ with you! Brian
RICKG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RICKG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan. 2018 at 6:18pm
Originally posted by jpet jpet wrote:

Hi Bear Cub,

I'd like to see some closeups of your top. 

X2 on top closeup fotos!!Thumbs Up
I never met a mule I didn't like!
MC51986 "OD MULE" DOD 01-52
'50 CJ3A "Bucksnort".
Keep 'em Rollin'
Bear Cub View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bear Cub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan. 2018 at 7:19pm
Thanks Guys. Looking forward to meeting some of you. 

It will be my first EJS, but spend lots of time in Moab mountain biking. Have family there, so lodging is easy when i do make the trip. 

I have to work thursday Morning and will be heading down that afternoon, so probably wont get in a trail run that day, but am planning on friday, saturday and sunday. 

Bridog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bridog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb. 2018 at 10:05pm
As Jeff pointed out earlier, Pritchett Canyon is a trail we are thinking about attempting on Wednesday. This trail is considered by many to be the hardest trail in Moab and other than some stuff at Area BFE I would agree. The last time I was through it was back in 2012 with Dad (yellow YJ) and our friend Dale (OD CJ7). The video footage I have of that day is not great, but I will compile it and get a video on YouTube of it in the next couple days. In the meantime here are a few pics showing some of the fun we had on that beautiful Fall morning. EJS is in less than two months, but it is not too late to join us!!!

Chewy Hill

Rocker Knocker

We Survived!!!
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb. 2018 at 11:23pm
We are gonna have so much fun!! Counting the days!
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

Bridog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bridog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb. 2018 at 2:55am
smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb. 2018 at 3:19am
Well Brian,

That video made me more nervous to try Pritchett than any of the other dozen I have watched.

Nice job on the video and the run.
Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb. 2018 at 3:54am
Thanks so much for posting that video Brian! I am very excited for EJS this year! I think it will be one for the books!

Originally posted by Bridog Bridog wrote:

......This trail is considered by many to be the hardest trail in Moab and other than some stuff at Area BFE I would agree.......
I have never done Pritchett, but there is another trail which IMO, is highly underestimated and if you're not careful, you can receive even more carnage .... Arches National Park:

..... ooooh, scary!
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

JeepFever View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb. 2018 at 4:12am
Shocked   Oh no . .  was that today? 
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb. 2018 at 4:17am
Originally posted by smfulle smfulle wrote:

That video made me more nervous to try Pritchett than any of the other dozen I have watched.

Doesn't look like a real good place not to have a roll bar....don't bite off more than you can chew.

Y'all be careful out there.

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
flatfender47 View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flatfender47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb. 2018 at 5:04am
Originally posted by rocnroll rocnroll wrote:

Originally posted by smfulle smfulle wrote:

Doesn't look like a real good place not to have a roll bar....don't bite off more than you can chew.

Y'all be careful out there.

Yep.
You can also see that having an auto trans is a huge advantage.
I can see where folks could get into all kinds of problems on this trail.
1947 CJ2A 225V6 SM420 D30 PLok/D44 D/Locker Warn OD 5:38s
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb. 2018 at 5:07am
Originally posted by JeepFever JeepFever wrote:

That happened last year at EJS:

Easter Jeep Safari 2017 (page 2)
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb. 2018 at 5:09am
Originally posted by JeepFever JeepFever wrote:

That’s how Jeff started the week LAST year. His recovery was amazing and we had an awesome week in Moab. At the end of it, he went home with a new truck.

Check out page two of last year’s thread.

Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb. 2018 at 7:23am
Originally posted by jpet jpet wrote:

I have never done Pritchett, but there is another trail which IMO, is highly underestimated and if you're not careful, you can receive even more carnage .... Arches National Park:

That one is deceptively dangerous, isn't it?
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 15>