Forum Home Forum Home > Suggestions, Comments and Testing > Forum How To's
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Embeddding a Quote in the Reply

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rodfrey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Embeddding a Quote in the Reply
    Posted: 20 Sep. 2021 at 3:22pm
I've noticed that when responding to a question, the respondent includes a portion of the question in the reply.  And that portion of the question is inside a lightly shaded box which also includes the name of the questioner which makes the Q&A more understandable.

How is that done?  I can copy and paste but the pasted text isn't inside a box.
Rodney Frey
48 CJ2A
AKoller View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AKoller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep. 2021 at 3:29pm
Originally posted by rodfrey rodfrey wrote:

I've noticed that when responding to a question, the respondent includes a portion of the question in the reply.  And that portion of the question is inside a lightly shaded box which also includes the name of the questioner which makes the Q&A more understandable.

Click on "post options" on the original posters comment. Then select "quote ""Poster"".
1950 CJ3A "Thumper"
1966 M151 A1
1942 GPW #70221
rodfrey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rodfrey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep. 2021 at 3:54pm
Originally posted by AKoller AKoller wrote:

Originally posted by rodfrey rodfrey wrote:

Click on "post options" on the original posters comment. Then select "quote ""Poster"".

Thanks.  This is a test of the instructions.
Rodney Frey
48 CJ2A
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep. 2021 at 6:10pm
Originally posted by AKoller AKoller wrote:

Or just to the right of the Post Options button is an actual Quote button to click on also.

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
 Post Reply Post Reply