Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > How to information
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Exhaust Pipe Fitting

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote healey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Exhaust Pipe Fitting
    Posted: 31 Oct. 2020 at 4:44pm
Hello, I'm looking for some advice on fitting exhaust pipe. I ordered a new front exhaust pipe from Walck's to replace the old (original?) one that's rusted through. See photos. The front exhaust pipe bolts to the exhaust manifold and the opposite end should slide inside the down stream section of pipe. However, the outside diameter of the new pipe is slightly larger than the old one so it won't fit into the receiving section.  

My thought is I'd need to either grind/sand down the end of the new pipe or stretch the receiving end of the old pipe somehow. Also, the old pipe (receiving end) has some sort of metal sleeve stuck inside that I would need to remove somehow.  See photos.  

Anyone else here been through this process before, what worked?  Maybe I'd be better off just ordering all new pipe, but figured I'd ask before spending more $$$.

Thanks!!

1948 CJ2A
Bantam trailer

healey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote healey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct. 2020 at 4:59pm
Sorry, I posted this in wrong section. Trying to figure out how to move it.Shocked
1948 CJ2A
Bantam trailer

Post Reply Post Reply