Forum Home Forum Home > Suggestions, Comments and Testing > Suggestions and Comments for the forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

extra scripting

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: extra scripting
    Posted: 24 Nov. 2016 at 2:34pm
Just curious what these extra letters and sguiggles in posts are all about....anybody know?

Capital A with a mark over it has been on my signature for awhile now. Have tried to remove it with profile editing but it doesn't seem to show up there.

Any ideas?

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
berettajeep View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov. 2016 at 7:12pm
Also curious about that.
berettajeep View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov. 2016 at 7:17pm

Edit 1: Just tried loading a picture of it from my phone to show this. Not showing though for me

Edit 2: upload from Photobucket.

Edited by berettajeep - 24 Nov. 2016 at 7:26pm
Unkamonkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unkamonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov. 2016 at 7:33pm
I also wondered about it. Thought about which device they were using to post may have something to do with it.
uncamonkey
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec. 2016 at 11:48pm
Still no ideas? Have been noticing it more.

Just to address what Unkamonkey was wondering, I usually lost on a Thrive tablet.

If I want to post a picture I use home computer with Windows 7....don't know how much that matters.

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

russnj View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Webmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote russnj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec. 2016 at 2:28pm
Roc, I edited you signature to remove the extra characters. There was actually text in your signature that was not visible in the editor but was there, you can see there is no extra space after your text in your signature now. The text that was there was probably left over from a cut and paste? Just guessing at that.

43 MB, 48 CJ2A, 50 CJ3A, 55 M38A1, 56 CJ5, 79 M151A2, M100 ,65 M416
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec. 2016 at 2:55pm
Thanks Russ.

I tried that thinking that could be it but like you said it wouldn't show up in the edit window....I couldn't 'reach' it so to speak to erase it.

Thanks for the help.

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

Post Reply Post Reply