Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Your Jeep Project
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Father son project cj2/3

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 36>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freefall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan. 2018 at 1:52pm
Things are going together fast. Good job!
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan. 2018 at 2:19pm
Gr8 job! Thanks for taking the time to document so thoroughly
CJ2A #29110 "General Willys"
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

"We do what we can, and we try what we can't"
Millennium falcon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millennium falcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan. 2018 at 10:38pm
Thanks! it is hard to stop and take photos sometimes, But It is helpful to be able to go back through and look at them later. Primer on the underside is done. 

freefall View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote freefall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan. 2018 at 12:38pm
Wont be long now!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millennium falcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan. 2018 at 12:24am
Here is the color. Its called dove blue. Its from a 1959 VW bus. I really like it. The pictures make it look more grey, but in person its more blue. 

Once it dried and I opened up the garage it looked more blue. Here is the sample....

leecarr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leecarr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan. 2018 at 12:35am
Like it, that would look good with red wheels. 
freefall View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote freefall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan. 2018 at 1:48am
I like that!
Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan. 2018 at 2:02am
Wait a minute---I didn't vote for that blue.  I thought the choice was more of a Normandy blue.  I take my vote back! CryEmbarrassed
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millennium falcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan. 2018 at 2:23am
Sorry votes are non-refundable.... I used my wife's camera instead of my phone and it seemed to show the blue better. 

My next question is. what springs do I have? The jeep came with a 4" skyjacker lift installed with thick axle shims. I do not plan on running this lift. Too high and stiff. I even removed 3 leaves and it still doesn't flex and is really high. 

I have two other sets of springs. One is a set of crown springs. 7 leaves. 

The other set doesnt have a name on them. They are a little odd. Ther are 10 leaf but one is extra thick and they have do not have square edges. They are angled on the edge. Any ideas what they are? 

Edited by Millennium falcon - 13 Jan. 2018 at 1:24pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan. 2018 at 2:34am
Well, that's a blue that won't be a common sight.  Red or yellow wheels would be unique.

Those bottom two springs may have been originals that were "helped out" by a spring shop.  Maybe there was some sagging and someone added the extra leaves to pick things up?
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan. 2018 at 4:03am
On a Jeep with that blue I'd go with white wheels......just my opinion. I think it would look good, it will stand out being a 'different' blue , a somewhat vintage color.

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millennium falcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan. 2018 at 9:26am
I really like Normandy blue....and all the other factory color options for that matter. The only problem is there are tons of Jeeps running around painted those colors. I like to be different. My plan is to paint the wheels an “almond” color. My other Jeep and truck have that color wheel. I guess I have a thing for it. It’s almost white but has a beige look to it. 

Originally posted by Ol' Unreliable Ol' Unreliable wrote:

Wait a minute---I didn't vote for that blue.  I thought the choice was more of a Normandy blue.  I take my vote back! CryEmbarrassed
Gil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan. 2018 at 9:33pm
That tub is going too look some good in blue ,well done.Keep the pictures coming.Thumbs Up
1946 cj2a 59108
1998 Jeep Cherokee 2 doors
2016 Jeep Cherokee TrailHawk
Freedom21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freedom21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan. 2018 at 9:55pm
I know you said it wasn't going to be Normandy blue.  But I didn't expect that shade of blue.  I like it.  Now I'm eager to see it completed.
09 JKU
02 KJ
66 CJ-5
48 CJ2A "Lefty"
?? M416

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millennium falcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan. 2018 at 5:03am
we had a heat wave today so it was warm enough for the kids to get out to the shop. We Installed the driveshafts, and fixed the rear brake line mount, and installed the clutch linkage. They did great! Dont worry, Once I "un-lift it" the rear driveshaft angle wont be so steep. :) 

Unkamonkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unkamonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan. 2018 at 5:58am
It looks like it has become a Father and children rebuild. It's fine with me. A friend would be working on something and call for his wife or daughter to hold something in a place he couldn't get his mitts into.
uncamonkey

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan. 2018 at 6:42am
Looks like it's The Family Jeep now.  Extra cool!  How would the wheels look if they were grey? 
nofender View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nofender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan. 2018 at 11:50am
Wow! I dig the color. You are really moving on this thing! Most impressive! 
46 CJ2a rockcrawler
46 CJ2a - 26819
46 Bantam T3c "4366"
47 Bantam T3C - 11800
68-ish CJ5
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 36>