Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Off-Topic area
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

First amendment

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbullism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: First amendment
    Posted: 05 Feb. 2023 at 9:54pm
Facebook has seen fit to block this image because it “goes against their community standards on adult sexual exploitation”
Youve been warned
Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it... Welcome to 1930's Germany
Lee MN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb. 2023 at 10:32pm
I just got a text from a friend who,posted that on one of my fb posts and he got 2 days in fb jail also.

Lee
               LEE
44 GPW-The Perfected Willys
49 2A
“If you wait, you only get older”
67 M715
American Made Rolling History
Bruce W View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb. 2023 at 10:59pm
  “F” FB. 
BW 
It is NOT a Jeep Willys! It is a Willys jeep.

Happy Trails! Good-bye, Good Luck, and May the Good Lord Take a Likin' to You!

We Have Miles to Jeep, Before We Sleep.
mbullism View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbullism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb. 2023 at 12:17am
Originally posted by Lee MN Lee MN wrote:

I just got a text from a friend who,posted that on one of my fb posts and he got 2 days in fb jail also.

Lee

i literally only fb for jeep parts, and messaging my BIL...  Im on 29 days restriction Ermm  No advertising (I dont), can't go live (whatever that is) and can't start or join any calls (have no idea how i would if i wanted to)

jokes on them... trim and zoom the pic to tweek the aspect ratio and their bit bot can't find the pic anyway Ermm
Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it... Welcome to 1930's Germany
Oilleaker1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oilleaker1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb. 2023 at 7:19am
What amazes me is that it seems our country can't conduct business or do anything without Facebook. No more phone book yellow pages, no more advertising unless done on Facebook. Talk about capturing the population. Privacy rules---------what a joke we've become. Glad I'm retired. You are literally forced to go there to survive in business now. I was on it 3 days. Set my privacy and suddenly got strange friend foreign requests through the back doors of folks I designated as friends. They know and see everything you do and keep all your pictures. Employers can research you. Red flags go to the top of the poles. We now are seeing just what the owners of Twitter, Facebook, and Tick Toc are up to. No good. I looked at the IFFC. One of the reasons I signed up. Took a while to get off Facebook. They seemed to not want to allow that. It's a great place to compile lists of people for certain end results. Dangerous. 
Green Disease, Jeeps, Old Iron!
Jeff J View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb. 2023 at 7:55am
Before I got myself locked out by changing my email, my facebook page consisted of a few airplane, jeep and fishing pics. I guess it still would. I maybe checked it once a month.  I have never been on tik tok, snap chat or twitter. I barely use youtube. The closest I come are the 3 forums I am active on. 

I think if I was a business owner I would have to block access to all social media through my computers and wifi. 
Oldpappy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldpappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb. 2023 at 8:22am
The shame of it all is so many are going to Facebook that forums like this are fading away.

I sometimes browse FB market place, but not often, and I have never wanted to sign up for a FB page.

That said, that picture is hilarious.  
If you can't get there in a Jeep you don't need to be there!
Scratch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scratch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb. 2023 at 9:10am
I keep hearing that people are moving away from forums and going to Fb, I wish it wasn’t true.  I hate using fb for what I use forums for.  There used to be a local Jeep forum that I was on.  It was very active, and we all knew each other. It was great for communicating about events, stuff for sale, etc.  sadly, everyone went to fb and the forum died.
Last year I was having a trail ride event and the only way I could invite people was word of mouth and fb.  I posted here as well, but most of you aren’t local so I wasn’t expecting many from here.

I got a bunch of responses from strangers with stock JK’s.  My trails are tight for flatties and they’d be painting my trees with their shiny paint jobs. I wish our local forum was around because everyone there knew each other and had been out here already.

I still don’t understand the theory behind fb banning people because they post a pic like that, yet they let other things slide right through.  I guess that’s what happens when the wrong people run it.

Edited by Scratch - 06 Feb. 2023 at 9:13am
43 GPW 93487 Blk
44 GPW 230283 OD
46 CJ2A 50100 Tan
46 CJ2A 77632 Wht
47 CJ2A 141681 Grn
48 CJ2A 156240 Red/Yel
48 CJ2A "Lefty" 181341 Red
61 CJ5 123120 Tan
03 TJ Inca Gld
Oldpappy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldpappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb. 2023 at 9:25am
Facebook sort of replaced the earlier "Myspace", maybe something will replace Facebook someday.
If you can't get there in a Jeep you don't need to be there!
Joe Friday View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Friday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb. 2023 at 9:27am
I'd consider using FB if it could be locked down adequately.

But since I still receive 5 pounds of paper junk mail at my home, and junk on my phone even though on the 'do not call' list, I choose not to.

A 'friend' allowed his daughters friend to use his/her laptop to check her messages from her "mom", and ever since that laptop automatically signs her in. He/She said that when searching for rare Jeep parts he/she. him/her, may be getting better prices and free shipping when the seller thinks they/them are 15Wink YO.
Jeff J View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb. 2023 at 9:34am
Leaving forums for FB is a horrible idea. I used to visit a work related page but any question asked could not be found again and there was no division of topics so something like this thread would be in the same timeline as someone asking for help. 
JohnB View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb. 2023 at 10:52am
I cancelled my Facebook account a couple years ago. I do miss some the selling activity, but I’m glad I’m out of it. 
SE Kansas 46 CJ-2A View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SE Kansas 46 CJ-2A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb. 2023 at 1:24pm
Never cared... no worries...
46 CJ-2A #64462 "Ol' Red" (bought April 1969)(second owner)(12 V, 11" brakes, M-38 frame, MD Juan tub)

U.S. Coast Guard Chief Petty Officer(ret.)
U.S. Army Vietnam veteran and damned proud of it.

Bruce W View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bruce W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb. 2023 at 7:35pm
Originally posted by SE Kansas 46 CJ-2A SE Kansas 46 CJ-2A wrote:

X2. 😎
BW 
It is NOT a Jeep Willys! It is a Willys jeep.

Happy Trails! Good-bye, Good Luck, and May the Good Lord Take a Likin' to You!

We Have Miles to Jeep, Before We Sleep.
duffer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duffer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb. 2023 at 8:55pm
Originally posted by SE Kansas 46 CJ-2A SE Kansas 46 CJ-2A wrote:

3X  Mark Fuc---berg does not need any of my information.  I did join Linked-in a few years back trying to run down a few German relatives (a success) but haven't visited there in years and didn't leave them any useful information.  Market Place be damned.
1955 3B: 441sbc,AGE 4 speed transmission, Teralow D18w/Warn OD, 4.11:1 D44's/ARB's, glass tub & fenders, aluminum hood/grill, 8274, York OBA, Premier Power Welder; 67 CJ5: 225,T86AA, D18, 4.88's, OD
Ron D View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb. 2023 at 9:04pm
Does anybody think they have 1st Amendment rights here on this website forum? LOL
1951 M38
1951 M100
Joe Friday View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Friday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb. 2023 at 9:44pm
Originally posted by Ron D Ron D wrote:

Does anybody think they have 1st Amendment rights here on this website forum? LOL

Not if I'm doing my job...
Ron D View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb. 2023 at 10:09pm
I'm glad to hear you say that Joe! LOL

1951 M38
1951 M100
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>