Forum Home Forum Home > Buying, Selling or Trading > Wanted to Buy
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

first of a long list of stuff I need...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: first of a long list of stuff I need...
    Posted: 05 Aug. 2005 at 12:54am

The list is long, but here are the first few items I'm looking for...

front crossmember in good shape (all brackets still attached)

little "inspection plate" that goes just behind the top of the bellhousing

Much more to come later, just asking for what I can afford little by little...

Home of the free, because of the Brave.
Drifter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drifter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug. 2005 at 2:27am
I've got the battery tray and engine mount brackets that rivet to the frame that the rubber blocks bolt to.

Luke
Luke

?? dj3a
-(to be tagged as 48 cj2a)
00 Ford Ranger
07 kia rio

in Ripley TN
Rich M View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug. 2005 at 7:45am

Drifter, I know that I need the battery tray, what are you looking to get for it? (shipped to 85208, Mesa, AZ)  I'm not sure about the engine mounts yet.  Mine are there, just need to see if they're still good or not.

Also, about the front crossmember.  I'm not sure that I can even put a new one in without ruining the existing frame, since it goes inside the frame channels.  (I'm not sure, I haven't really studied it, all I know is that mine is missing two of the brackets that are welded on)  Maybe I can get the dimensions of the brackets that I'm missing and weld them on?  I'm missing the one that welds to the top/center and appears to be facing the front of the Jeep, and the one on the bottom/driver's side.

Bruce View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug. 2005 at 6:58pm

Rich,

Are you wanting the inspection plate on the bellhousing itself? If so, I should have one.  You will be able to afford it - guaranteed.

You can email me at:

cbmullen@hotmail.com

Bruce Mullen  Harrisville, WV

mullen46cj2a View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mullen46cj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug. 2005 at 7:04pm
Sorry - the above post is mine.  I forgot to log in before posting.
Bruce Mullen   Harrisville, WV       

46 CJ2A column shift SOLD 07-15
48 CJ2A with Newgren lift
55 CJ5

Mike Gardner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Gardner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug. 2005 at 12:26pm
Item number: 4567789597
1945 CJ-2A 11713
1995 YJ 4.0
Rich M View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug. 2005 at 3:06pm

Thanks for all the help and suggestions everyone, but I've decided to go a different route with my '2A.  My Jeep is just a little too far gone to restore correctly.  I refuse to do anything "half-arsed", so I'm going to fix it up to be a DD/moderate off-road vehicle.  Elsewhere on this board, I've listed some of the items that I have for sale now (basically, the suspension, drivetrain, engine and tranny).

Thanks for the help though!

-Rich M.

Post Reply Post Reply