Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Shows and get togethers
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Flat Fenders in the Forest Aug 18-20 Park Falls WI
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Flat Fenders in the Forest Aug 18-20 Park Falls WI - Event Date: 18 Aug. 2023 - 20 Aug. 2023

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mushroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: Flat Fenders in the Forest Aug 18-20 Park Falls WI
    Posted: 26 May 2023 at 5:15pm
Please comment if you are planning to attend.

Flat Fenders in the Forest
Chequamegon-Nicolet National Forest
8/19 - 8/20 2023

FEE: none really - most everything will be paid on your own 

Everyone is invited: even those who do not have a running jeep yet - if you need a seat please indicate that so we can plan out the empty seats 

A few of us did this back in 2019 and we had a great time - lots of great little 2 track jaunts, gravel roads, plenty of woods, very peaceful.

Lodging: We currently have site 008 reserved at the Twin Lakes Campground near Park Falls Wisconsin

From Park Falls, travel east on State Highway 182 for about 13 miles. Turn right on Forest Road 144, and after approximately five miles turn left on Forest Road 142. Continue for two miles to the campground entrance.

Latitude
45° 57' 16.9999" N
Longitude
90° 4' 19.9999" W
The campsite is a waterfront campsite. Toilets with running water are a short walk away. The site is good for up 6 vehicles and 12 people - if you wanted your own campsite then sites 007 and 005 are both still available to be reserved online.
Meetup location will be Musky Jacks Bar
W640 WI-70, Park Falls, WI 54552

Musk Jacks has a Friday night fish fry all year long and the food is pretty good.

If you can make it to this event please respond to the post which will help with a total head count. Also please send me a DM and include your name, phone number, and email for coordination purposes. 

Things to bring: Tent/camper - camp chairs - snacks/drinks - bug spray - your jeep Big smile 

Edited by Mushroom - 10 July 2023 at 8:39am
Beep Beep!
Joe DeYoung View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe DeYoung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2023 at 11:19am
I'm in. So looking forward to this. Gonna be a great time. 
Joe DeYoung
to many jeeps, parts, and accessories to list here, but apparently enough to keep me in trouble with my wife.

48walker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 48walker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2023 at 9:56pm
I'm interested, I'd sign on for staying in the campground. I need to find a back road route to get there, I'm guessing if would be about a 200+ mile drive, but I've been looking for an excuse to see if my little jeep can handle a long drive and some trail time. I'll need to do some math on this, but I'm definitely interested.
drm101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drm101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2023 at 5:31pm
Heck, that's practically Michigan. Ok, the folks in Michigan who live in that area would say they are bigger Green Bay fans than Lions fans, but it is darn close. 
Dean
'47 CJ2A "Mud Hen"
The less the Power the More the Force
48walker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 48walker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2023 at 9:12pm
I think it'd be closer if I was coming from michigan, I'm about an hour north of Madison. Never done more than about 80 miles round trip in the jeep, so should be a good test drive. And it was great meeting people at Joe's in January, so looking forward to it
Mushroom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mushroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2023 at 11:00pm
Yes - the location is pretty far north but that is where some great two track trails are. I am trying to finish my rig - if that happens I will be trailering it up there. I live in the far south east corner of the state. Probably will take me a little over 6 hrs with stops running the highway. 

I am hoping we can get a few more people for right now it looks like the attendees are - Karl,Joe,myself, and 48walker (feel free to PM me your name and number and email so we can cover details and stay connected as the date approaches.

Phone service is spotty up there at best - if anyone has access to CB radios it may not be a bad plan - or two way handhelds. 
Beep Beep!
Mushroom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mushroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2023 at 9:33am
Looking to see if there is anyone else out there thinking of joining us on the Forest Ride?

The scenery is really nice up there in the northwoods of Wisconsin. It is possible that there will be an opportunity to wet a line from shore or a pier depending on where we camp. Heck if someone had a canoe or Kayak there will be some opportunity to get out early in the morning and at the end of the day. Please reach out of you are thinking of joining us.

Thank you

Peter
Beep Beep!
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe DeYoung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2023 at 12:58pm
Pete,

I may have another guy interested from Sparta, WI that I meet on Epic Willys Adventure this past week. 

He has a very cool patina 48 willys truck. Not exactly a flat fender but a nice guy that will fit in with the crowd with a nice rig. 
Joe DeYoung
to many jeeps, parts, and accessories to list here, but apparently enough to keep me in trouble with my wife.

Lee MN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2023 at 9:41am
I would be all over this but prior commitments get in the way 🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲

Lee
               LEE
44 GPW-The Perfected Willys
49 2A
“If you wait, you only get older”
67 M715
American Made Rolling History
Mushroom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mushroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2023 at 11:27pm
Sounds great Joe!

Please give him my number or if he is here please have him reach out via DM/PM.

Thank you

Peter P
Beep Beep!
Lee MN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2023 at 12:03am
Mushroom, e 2 different months, it says august, but you also have 7/18-20

August, correct ?

Lee
               LEE
44 GPW-The Perfected Willys
49 2A
“If you wait, you only get older”
67 M715
American Made Rolling History
Mushroom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mushroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2023 at 10:40am
Thanks for catching that - just fixed it 

8/18-8/20 2023

Thank you!
Beep Beep!
Mushroom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mushroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2023 at 9:04am
We have some people signed up and ready to Jeep around the woods!
Beep Beep!
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe DeYoung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2023 at 11:34am
I have sent out emails and texts to Austin and Tim as they are not on this forum. Hope to hear back from them soon.
Joe DeYoung

Mushroom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mushroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug. 2023 at 5:47am
Looking to see if there is anyone who has not yet responded to the event that would like to attend?

Thank you
Beep Beep!
 Post Reply Post Reply