Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Jeep Photos and Stories
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Flat Fenders on the Rubicon 2022

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EJOWest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Flat Fenders on the Rubicon 2022
    Posted: 09 Aug. 2022 at 3:44pm
We had a fabulous time on the Rubicon. We started out with four flat Fender Jeeps. Three guys from California and Four Jeepfabrikken guys from Norway.  My brothers Cj 3B broke an axle on the Shake down run north of Truckee the day before the Rubicon so he ended up taking the Jk. We went through with one M38, one CJ2a, and A GPW with CJ running gear.
Part 1 video link below.
ricco View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ricco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug. 2022 at 10:32am
What a fun, and tiring trip.  Glad you all made it out under power!

My avatar is a rock I found on that trip!

Edited by ricco - 10 Aug. 2022 at 10:33am
She can dance a cajun rhythm....jump like a Willy's in four wheel drive...("Sugar Magnolia")

'48 CJ2A #204845 "Lumpy"
oldscot3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldscot3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug. 2022 at 12:46pm
Watched it and your "Clover" build vids. Nice, thanks for sharing; it's all red meat for us jeep fanatics.
James 4:6 God resists the proud, but gives grace to the humble.
Nothing Special View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nothing Special Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug. 2022 at 2:12pm
Thanks for sharing!  I almost made it in the group that went on the Rubicon in 2021, but life got in the way.  I still hope to do it some time (it's been on my bucket list literally since 1975!), but for now I have to be content living vicariously through videos like these.  I always love seeing flatfenders doing their thing, but I also liked seeing a (relatively stock?) JK on the trail.  That helps give me confidence that there's room for my Bronco to make it through with most of its sheetmetal intact!
Bob

Flatfender wannabe
'71 Ford Bronco
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug. 2022 at 5:33pm
I enjoyed both videos. Thanks for sharing!!
CJ2A #29110 "General Willys"
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

"We do what we can, and we try what we can't"
Nick_ View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug. 2022 at 10:15pm
Thanks for sharing, makes me wanna make a trip back! I'm glad Ernie got the flat fenders up and running in time for the big event.
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug. 2022 at 8:21am
How did you guys score food and music at Rubicon Springs? Was the Jamboree going on?
CJ2A #29110 "General Willys"
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

"We do what we can, and we try what we can't"
EJOWest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EJOWest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug. 2022 at 9:26pm
There was a UTV event going on organized by the Jeepers Jamboree group. I believe it was the first time they organized this particular UTV event. There were about 50 Side by Sides at Rubicon Springs. The event organizers were very excited about the Vintage Jeeps and the fact that half of the flat fender crew traveled all the way from Norway to take on the Rubicon trail. So I'm not sure if it was because of the Norwegians or the vintage Jeeps but they invited us to join them for dinner and to come back for breakfast the next day! The UTV guys were a great group and pleasant on the trail and at Rubicon Springs. They even bought us rounds of Beer at the bar! 
 Post Reply Post Reply