Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Off-Topic area
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Flatbed tent

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug. 2017 at 8:06pm
jeeper50... that's even better. You can hardly buy a camping tent for that price!
Notice in the pictures I have added two horizontal pipes on the front and rear for more rigidity. They are just 1-1/4" emt conduit.  Also the side horizontal pipes normally are run through a sleeve in the tent to tension the fabric. I used them slightly higher, again for framework rigidity. I am using more emt pipe in the tent sleeves to tighten the fabric after it is pulled over the frame. It will be self evident when you start putting it together.
Rick
RWILLYS (Space R)
dennisanvil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dennisanvil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug. 2017 at 4:13am
Originally posted by birddog7 birddog7 wrote:

nice job, who makes that trailer? Nice to see ramps come out the side.

the trailer is PJ 7x12 with tandant axles.
I have my trailer for sale. If interest contact me thru the page .
dennis
ps I forgot the price it is $2500 0b0

Edited by dennisanvil - 31 Aug. 2017 at 4:19am
dennisanvil                   1948 cj2a, maker of tailgate hooks & hand forge iron ware
there not any knowen cure for jeep fever.
serial # 164136<
leecarr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leecarr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug. 2017 at 11:02pm
Has anyone ever stopped you on the road to tell you your cover blew off?
Rick R View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug. 2017 at 11:52pm
That's a good one Lee. Not yet but people don't seem to realize we unload the Jeep then put the cover on and reverse the process when we are ready to leave.
Reminds me of when my wife got her Prius when they first came out. People would ask how the batteries got charged and she would reply.. I just look for the nearest power line to drive under.
RWILLYS (Space R)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12