Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Flatfender Frenzy 2018...JP Magazine

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Flatfender Frenzy 2018...JP Magazine
    Posted: 02 Aug. 2018 at 10:07pm
October issue, JP Magazine.

All the familiar celebrities playing in Moab .....good writeup.

Edited by rocnroll - 02 Aug. 2018 at 10:10pm
'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
3A Steve View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3A Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug. 2018 at 10:24pm
" src="blob:https://www.thecj2apage.com/29833243-3b18-4117-b6e5-fb8a73b7368b" alt="DSCN2691.JPG" type="application/x-apple-msg-attachment" class="Apple-web-attachment Apple-edge-to-edge-visual-media" style="font-family: Helvetica;">Having problems sizing this photo but, yes JP does a great job covering the "old ones". This is from May of this year following the two headed Pewe jeep.
smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug. 2018 at 10:58pm
If you look closely at the cover of this month’s issue ....

you’ll see that Jpet (along with Fuzz) made another cover.

Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
Grampa's Jeep Build Thread
Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug. 2018 at 9:20pm
I noticed that.  I wonder if he's been on more JP covers than anyone else.  He certainly should be!  Clap
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug. 2018 at 5:47pm
Has everyone received their magazine? I have not got one in the mail yet and none of the Walmarts in the area seem to have it either.
CJ2A #29110 "General Willys"
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

"We do what we can, and we try what we can't"
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug. 2018 at 6:03pm
When I posted on the 2nd it was already in our Walmart I don't subscribe so that's where I saw it.

Your store may have already sold out.

Tell them you're on the cover you want your complimentary copy.....what are friends for anyway.

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
3A Steve View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3A Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug. 2018 at 6:20pm
Got mine about a week ago.
JeepFever View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug. 2018 at 6:49pm
A friend gave me his copy a week or so ago.   (has his address on it,   so obviously a subscription copy)
Jolly Rodger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jolly Rodger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug. 2018 at 7:01pm
Got my copy at Walmart, I'll bring it to the reunion for an autograph, who knows they may be valuable some day.....
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug. 2018 at 7:03pm
Originally posted by Jolly Rodger Jolly Rodger wrote:

Got my copy at Walmart, I'll bring it to the reunion for an autograph, who knows they may be valuable some day.....
Does your Walmart still have copies? Are any other Qwaaazy 8's featured in the article?
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

ndnchf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndnchf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug. 2018 at 7:05pm
Pardon my ignorance, but I haven't bought any kind of magazine in years. Is this magazine focused on flat fender jeeps?  Is it a good magazine with useful tech info or is is mostly pictures, fluff and advertising?  
1948 CJ2A - It goes nowhere fast, but anywhere slow.
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug. 2018 at 7:20pm
Originally posted by ndnchf ndnchf wrote:

.....Is this magazine focused on flat fender jeeps?...
It is not focused on flat fender jeeps by any means but Traci does focus on flattys quite a bit. If you want a magazine that focuses on "Willys" jeeps, you should subscribe to the Dispatcher:

https://www.dispatchermagazine.com/
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug. 2018 at 7:22pm
Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug. 2018 at 7:25pm
I've seen those articles, did they all make print?

How many of the pics made print?
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

3A Steve View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3A Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug. 2018 at 7:33pm
JP covers the annual Willys Moab Rally. Traci Clark does the photos and this year Rick Pewe (the editor) came along.There should be an article next month on this year's rally. Had 43 Willys. Was a good time.
smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug. 2018 at 7:45pm
Originally posted by jpet jpet wrote:

I've seen those articles, did they all make print?

How many of the pics made print?

The online article has the exact same photos as the print minus all the extra photos in the gallery.

So if you look at the online article and read down to where the the group is gathered around the jeep with the hood up. Everything above that, including that one,  is in the print version.

Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
Nick_ View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug. 2018 at 12:58am
So cool the flat fenders community is shifting back to its roots. Definitely a different scene from when I first joined the forum. Tons of new builds, tech tips and tall tales to go along with! Congrats to everyone who made the magazine!
 Post Reply Post Reply