Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Tech Questions and Answers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Floor

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2willys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Floor
    Posted: 14 July 2019 at 6:02pm
Howdy,
New to this forum and seeking advice.
Recently ordered right side floor and hat channel from Classic Enterprise.
Have a 46 CJ2A and tool box is in good shape. Question is about getting
the pan out from under it and new part back in.
Advice would be appreciated.
Thanks, Larry
TERRY View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TERRY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2019 at 6:25pm
Get a spot weld drill bit from Harbor Freight, flap sand along the flange to find the old welds and drill them out. You may need grinder or cutting wheel for some welds and then remove the tool box. This gives good access to the hat channels, floor riser, and makes lining up mounting bolts easier.
BOULDER 48 2A
Mark W. View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark W. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2019 at 8:12pm
Yes your pretty much ahead of the game to take the Tool box out first and then do the floor. While the Tool box is out its easy to fix up any little damage that was there or you might have created taking it out. Then once the floor and Hat channels are all squared away just drop the tool box back in place and welder in.
Chug A Lug
1948 2A Body Customized
1949 3A W/S
1957 CJ5 Frame Modified
Late 50's 134L 9.25"clutch T90A D18 (1.25") D44/30 flanged E-Locker D25 5.38 Since 1962
Oldpappy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldpappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2019 at 7:47pm

Yes, as others have said drill out the spot welds and it should be fairly easy to get the tool box out. May have to use some slight persuasion around the drilled out welds with a screwdriver, which may bend the lip a little but you can straighten that out easy.

I have a CJ2A body that will be going for scrap soon. I think the tool box is is pretty good shape other than the floor pan underneath it. I probably should salvage it in case someone wants one later on. While I am at it, I also should probably save the cowl and dash panel, both are uncut, solid and straight.
Gaffer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaffer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2019 at 8:10pm
I'm in the market for the toolbox lid.  I'm interested.

-Gaffer
 Post Reply Post Reply