Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Jeep Photos and Stories
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Life is GOOD!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2829303132 34>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan. 2019 at 3:24am
Life is GOOD! Thanks for sharing that video and for being my friend!! The Lake Como video was a gr8 moment in 2018
CJ2A #29110 "General Willys"
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

"We do what we can, and we try what we can't"
ricco View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ricco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan. 2019 at 1:28pm
I don't know Brian, seems like you should be able to fit a little more fun in your year!  LOL    Something that may help make 2019 - (and Blueberries accomplishments) - complete, would be some video cruising down a deserted beach as the waves roll in!  Wink     
She can dance a cajun rhythm....jump like a Willy's in four wheel drive...("Sugar Magnolia")

'48 CJ2A #204845 "Lumpy"
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan. 2019 at 7:13pm
Here are a couple pics from the church parking lot today:

Not much snow but kinda pretty. A little thing that makes life good
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

48cj2a View Drop Down
Bantam Trailer Moderator
Bantam Trailer Moderator
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 48cj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan. 2019 at 1:15am
No pictures but we got about 10" in Peoria and it was Drill Weekend 
Art C USAF (Retired)

47 CJ2A #134955 Project
48 CJ2A #206759
62 L6226 Station Wagon #58167 10900
45 T3-C #191 Project
http://www.bantamt3c.com
http://www.48cj2a.com
Bridog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bridog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan. 2019 at 3:12am
Very considerate of you to save all the cleared parking spots for everybody else!  Nice CJ5 too!  Just out of curiosity...did Bam Bam make it over the snow pile?
JeepFever View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan. 2019 at 3:59am
[QUOTE=Bridog]Very considerate of you to save all the cleared parking spots for everybody else!  . . . [/QUOTE]

LOL   I was thinking same thing.
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan. 2019 at 10:44am
Originally posted by JeepFever JeepFever wrote:

Originally posted by Bridog Bridog wrote:

Very considerate of you to save all the cleared parking spots for everybody else...

LOL   I was thinking same thing ...
I didn’t even try it, ..... but no. . I haven’t had much luck climbing snow piles:

Edited by jpet - 14 Jan. 2019 at 11:00am
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan. 2019 at 3:26am
"How long 'till spring?"  LOL  N'yuk, n'yuk, n'yuk!!
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
LuzonRed47 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LuzonRed47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan. 2019 at 3:32am
Jeff, how is Bam Bam's steering feel and grip on NDTs without chains on the snowy roads? 
CJ2A #140275 "Ziggie" (purchased new by my dad in 1947)
ACM #124334
CJ3A windshield, Warn Overdrive
1953 Strick M100 trailer
Serial #18253
mbullism View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbullism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan. 2019 at 11:45am
Originally posted by jpet jpet wrote:

I haven’t had much luck climbing snow piles...

Oh, I don't know... looks like ya climbed right up Tongue
Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it... Welcome to 1930's Germany
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan. 2019 at 12:05pm
Originally posted by LuzonRed47 LuzonRed47 wrote:

Jeff, how is Bam Bam's steering feel and grip on NDTs without chains on the snowy roads? 
Not great, but not bad as long as you drive sensibly. I only go about 35 mph. I could probably go faster but that’s where I’m comfortable. Basically, I only use 4wd when There is snow on the road. I was not able to shift my D20 in and out of 4wd without coming to a stop but since converting it to a D18, now I can go in and out of 4wd on the fly with a single lever. I was concerned about having an autolocker in the rear but so far, it has not been a problem. I just drive cautiously in the curves.
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

Bridog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bridog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan. 2019 at 8:12pm
Mother nature delivered 10" of nice wet snow to us here in the Kansas City area last weekend. Although tempted to play in the snow with "Blueberry", Dylan and I instead decided to build igloos in the backyard to sleep in. Dylan completed his on Sunday and has spent the last 3 nights in it. For a door he is using the tailgate off of "Elmo" his CJ3B. We ran into some construction delays on mine due to poorly compacted snow, but completed it yesterday evening in time for me to spend a nice cramped...I mean cozy night in it. Not sure what this igloo village is going to grow into, but it has been fun so far, more snow is on the way, and my daughter Maddy is showing interest in her own igloo to camp in.

jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan. 2019 at 8:26pm
Kids have so much fun! ..... wish I was one Glad the polar bears didn’t get you
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

Unkamonkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unkamonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan. 2019 at 8:40pm
You got snow? We haven't had near enough to make a snowball.
uncamonkey
oldtime View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldtime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan. 2019 at 4:03pm
Yeah Brian we easily got 10" + on this side of the state. 
But  no igloos. Ha Ha Ha !
Not going to melt it away before the next storm  hits  ...
Currently building my final F-134 powered 3B .
T98-A Rock Crawler using exclusive factory parts and Approved Special Equipment from the Willys Motors era (1953-1963)
Zero aftermarket parts

Unkamonkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unkamonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan. 2019 at 6:16pm
Just so you are having fun.

I was over at some friends house and there was a framed picture of a magazine cover of Ralph poking his nose out of a snow cave. It must have been from the mid '60s.
uncamonkey
jbjeeps View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbjeeps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan. 2019 at 6:33pm
Originally posted by Bridog Bridog wrote:

Mother nature delivered 10" of nice wet snow to us here in the Kansas City area last weekend. Although tempted to play in the snow with "Blueberry", Dylan and I instead decided to build igloos in the backyard to sleep in. Dylan completed his on Sunday and has spent the last 3 nights in it. For a door he is using the tailgate off of "Elmo" his CJ3B. We ran into some construction delays on mine due to poorly compacted snow, but completed it yesterday evening in time for me to spend a nice cramped...I mean cozy night in it. Not sure what this igloo village is going to grow into, but it has been fun so far, more snow is on the way, and my daughter Maddy is showing interest in her own igloo to camp in.

Brian, that is very "cool" that you guys can have some fun like that. Everyone should get to sleep out in the snow. Just be careful, those things can cave in and that snow can be tough to get out from under. 

Here's are some of my favorite snow pictures.  This was December 31 two years ago, I'd been in a bad wreck earlier that fall and wasn't able to get the '53 M38A1 into the shed until the last day of the year. Yes, it started right up!

1970 CJ5 Dauntless, 4.88 (His)
1948 CJ2A Dauntless, 3.54 (Hers)
1948 CJ2A "Targhee", yup, still under construction but getting closer
Instagram: old_money_2a

usmcpmi View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmcpmi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan. 2019 at 7:50pm
Y'all are all crazy! Winter in Texas is in full force today! 72* and Sunny! That's awesome! Big smile
'48 CJ2A/192948
'15 Wrangler Rubicon

Mark G.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2829303132 34>