Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Jeep Photos and Stories
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Life is GOOD!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2526272829 34>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2017 at 3:36am
Originally posted by jpet jpet wrote:

... and there are NO hidden pot crops in these woods

Edit: Tomorrow I'll get some good footage

Perhaps if you planted some, the local smokers would make trails for you

Lee
               LEE
44 GPW-The Perfected Willys
49 2A
“If you wait, you only get older”
67 M715
American Made Rolling History
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2017 at 3:42am
I thought all y'all were coming this fall to help me
CJ2A #29110 "General Willys"
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

"We do what we can, and we try what we can't"
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2017 at 4:00am
Originally posted by jpet jpet wrote:

... and there are NO hidden pot crops in these woods

That's not the crop circles she was referring to !!   

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2017 at 1:44pm
A shot of BAM BAM getting ready to go to work:

Sure feels good to shuck that canvas
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

Bridog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bridog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2017 at 2:58pm
The property looks like great land to build some trails on. Ditch wheelin' here in the midwest is a good way to satisfy the need to go Jeepin' in between trips out west. I agree with Bob W on waiting until Fall. There will be fewer snakes, ticks, and it will be easier to see how the trails will flow.
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2017 at 3:39pm
Thx 4 posting that.

Our property has a lot of that, minus the rocks.  How many acres is that?
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2017 at 4:59pm
Originally posted by Bridog Bridog wrote:

The property looks like great land to build some trails on. Ditch wheelin' here in the midwest is a good way to satisfy the need to go Jeepin' in between trips out west.

That was a fun video to watch. I love the smiles and laughter as everyone tries to get through the ditch on their sides. Thumbs Up
Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
Grampa's Jeep Build Thread
athawk11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote athawk11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2017 at 6:35pm
It's amazing to see what those Jeeps can do...laying on theirs sides no less.  Thanks for showing us Bridog.
1- 1946 CJ2A   
2- 1949 CJ3A
Oilleaker1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oilleaker1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2017 at 7:59pm
Wow. Amazing what you guys can do on your sides. I've seen the swamper tires with tread on the sides. Now I know what they are for. You would think the oil in engine , gasoline, battery acid etc. would be a problem. You must have sealed type batterys, fuel cells, and what, a dry sump for the engine? 

You see fields today in Nebraska where the farmers in WW2 raised hemp to make rope with for the war effort. It's still growing there. Saw it first hand behind a friends garage next to a field. I had to ask him why he was growing pot. He laughed and said that once in a while, Gov't fellows will show up and burn it. Just don't be down wind-------LOL. 

Thanks for the video! Oilly 
Green Disease, Jeeps, Old Iron!
masscj2a View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote masscj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2017 at 1:21pm
That young man will have memories for a lifetime and will more then likely have a Jeep of his own in short order. Nice Vids.
1946 CJ2a Dauntless aka Jalopy
1946 VEC stock
1981 CJ-8 5.3 LS
1966 CJ-6 SBC TUX
1968 CJ-6 225 V6
1974 CJ-6 4.2
1967 M-416
East Coast Modified CJ's
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2017 at 1:39pm
Bridog has more cool video with Dylan behind the wheel:

.... I'm subscribed
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

Unkamonkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unkamonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2017 at 2:30pm
Awesome video. It helps if you have F&R lockers.
We were out doing Fins 'n Things and we picked up a high school graduate and his mother in a rental JKUR. They followed us. She had wanted to give him an Alaskan cruise, he opted for Moab.
He was watching as I attempted one hill, turned to a friend standing there and said that I was f****ing nuts. I did have the front wheels a few feet off of the ground in the 3B. Then I went to retrieve a hood latch that decided to depart part way up the hill.
It's all in how you perceive things.
uncamonkey
Dmac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2017 at 2:32pm
Jeff, I`m not that far away I would gladly come and help you blaze a few trails there.
Dennis
43 Ford GPW "AWOL"
48-52 CJ Series Bubba Jeep
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2017 at 3:32pm
Thanks Dennis.  I tried to fly Hawkeye over it yesterday but it was too windy.  Here are some aerial photos:

This is the entire section:

... and this is the property line:

... the timber to the right side of the road measures out to be about 25 acres.  The left side is 15, maybe 20 acres.  The lake and house in the center of the section is a neighbor.  I'm not sure what he would think of this idea.  The house on the far left is the old farm house and 5 acres which my dad sold.

It's hard to see in this pic:

..... but this is another wide ditch which has a few spots to make climbs of various difficulty. 
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2017 at 3:52pm
Originally posted by Unkamonkey Unkamonkey wrote:

....He was watching as I attempted one hill, turned to a friend standing there and said that I was f****ing nuts. I did have the front wheels a few feet off of the ground in the 3B. Then I went to retrieve a hood latch that decided to depart part way up the hill.
It's all in how you perceive things.
Yeah, I have a lot more fun wheeling out west.  You guys are lucky.  You have traction.  I'm jealous.  You don't even need lockers to do Fins N Things.  

I can remember being at Dirty Turtle and looking at some of the climbs.  Stuff that I did many times at Mike's.  I thought ...  No problem ... till I tried it.  Confused  ... then you wait till the afternoon when the dew is dried off and it is easy.

I think this fall, when the leaves are down, I'm going to hire Randy to fly over and dump concrete powder mixed with sand over everything.  Then wait for a rain
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

Bridog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bridog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2017 at 11:04pm
The property that we were Jeepin' on in the first video was only about 5 acres. Unfortunately it has been sold and we will not have access to it anymore. Here is Dylan and a few others doing some more ditch wheelin' at Rockfest (an annual event that my parents, Fuzz and Sue, put together). They have about 15 acres that we have built some trails on. Most of the obstacles on this land were built by a skidsteer and mini-excavator. We have found that a lot more trail upkeep is required on manmade obstacles vs. just taking advantage of the natural obstacles already there.
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2018 at 2:16am

Just a little love cruise out to the farm to look at the crops.

Edited by jpet - 02 Feb. 2019 at 11:32pm
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

Lew Ladwig View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lew Ladwig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2018 at 2:48am
nice!  Fun times!
Lew Ladwig
President of the CFFC and IFFC
http://internationalflatfenderclub.com/index.html
http://www.facebook.com/#!/InternationalFlatFinderClub
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2526272829 34>