Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Jeep Photos and Stories
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Doing actual work with the jeep..Add your photos!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Doing actual work with the jeep..Add your photos!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3031323334 44>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thing 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep. 2018 at 10:27pm
Where’s the lizard 
Well, forget about it. I was going to post another picture but I just can’t seem to beat this thing into letting me post a picture anymore. To heck with it. 

Edited by Thing 2 - 24 Sep. 2018 at 10:29pm
64CJ5 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 64CJ5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep. 2018 at 11:58pm
Some have the magic touch,  I have found that I do not. I can not get them to the proper size to post.
64CJ5 "Eeyore"
01TJ "Tigger"
52 M38 Severely demilitarized, "Popeye" The Coast Guard Jeep.
14 JK "Jake"
To Trust Government Defys Both History and Reason.

PUBLIC LAND Owner/User
jaksjep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaksjep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep. 2018 at 5:18am
Seems like 500 X 500 is a good size for posting here.
My posts are my personal opinion and are not legal advice as I am not an attorney. If you act on any of my comments you do so at your own risk.
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep. 2018 at 5:22am
I always do 640 wide x 480 tall.....that's sort of a standard for some reason, works pretty well .

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
eestes1 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eestes1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep. 2018 at 11:28am
Ill offer up again what I do- webresizer.com.  I can't (don't know how to) resize em my self. This is a free, simple service.
Rick Estes
Avis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Avis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep. 2018 at 1:11pm
Bringing firewood into camp to cut up... 
tufcj2a View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tufcj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep. 2018 at 1:29am
Rented a compressor and did some blasting:

wadoyado View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wadoyado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct. 2018 at 2:30pm
A little light duty work for the 48, pulling down dead branches from storm for the burn pile. Been running around with 2-wheel, hi range so much lately had to check dash for 4-wheel low. DUH! Joe W
"It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the jeep you've been driving all your life" (Mickey Mantle paraphrase)
Flatfender Ben View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flatfender Ben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct. 2018 at 3:00pm
Nice picture Clap
1946 cj2a desert dog
1946 cj2a bulldog
1948 cj2a blue jeep
1953 cj3b yard dog
1955 willys wagon
1955 willys pickup
1956 willys pickup boomer
1960 fc 170
1968 jeepster commando
1990 Grand wagoneer
wadoyado View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wadoyado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct. 2018 at 9:33am
Thanks, flatfender! How's your Fleet doin? Joe W
"It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the jeep you've been driving all your life" (Mickey Mantle paraphrase)
JeepFever View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec. 2018 at 2:46am
This year has been wet . .  the 3rd highest rainfall total in recorded history.  

My access trail into woods has been getting rutted out when trying to pull out some loads of firewood etc.

Steeper than it looks in photos,  but I decided to put down some gravel in this curve.

These photos were taken during the "touch up" run today. .   wish I had some photos of first passes,  when I was spinning all 4 wheels trying to pull up a load of gravel.  ie.  I started yesterday,  but it had already gotten dark.   (Winter daylight is too short for getting work done)

wild1joker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wild1joker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec. 2018 at 12:10pm
what trailer is that, goes with it really well....
JeepFever View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec. 2018 at 4:51am
It is a Bantam . . most likely late 40's.  It was a basket case when I got it.  Not a restoration but a working trailer.

Link to build info if interested.
jaksjep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaksjep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec. 2018 at 7:27am
Originally posted by JeepFever JeepFever wrote:

This year has been wet . .  the 3rd highest rainfall total in recorded history.  

My access trail into woods has been getting rutted out when trying to pull out some loads of firewood etc.

Steeper than it looks in photos,  but I decided to put down some gravel in this curve.

These photos were taken during the "touch up" run today. .   wish I had some photos of first passes,  when I was spinning all 4 wheels trying to pull up a load of gravel.  ie.  I started yesterday,  but it had already gotten dark.   (Winter daylight is too short for getting work done)

I see you had the Jeep air conditioner on in the 2nd and 3rd pictures.  My grandkids go nuts every time I flip the windshield open and tell them it's the air conditioning made for Jeeps back in the 1940's and 1950's when my Dad was a kid.
My posts are my personal opinion and are not legal advice as I am not an attorney. If you act on any of my comments you do so at your own risk.
JeepFever View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JeepFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan. 2019 at 3:48am
Originally posted by jaksjep jaksjep wrote:

I see you had the Jeep air conditioner on in the 2nd and 3rd pictures.  My grandkids go nuts every time I flip the windshield open and tell them it's the air conditioning made for Jeeps back in the 1940's and 1950's when my Dad was a kid.

I have the "air conditioner" on almost all the time.  :-)    With the bikini top,  I think the air flow is better with the windshield cracked open like that.  Even in cold weather,  the air is flowing up over my head,  rather than a bunch of turbulence,  coming from the back.
JeepFever View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan. 2019 at 4:05am
Splitting some firewood.

In previous years,  Wilson was the power source for wood splitter,  but this year its D18 xfer was swapped out,  and that eliminated the rear PTO Cry

Now its role is to pull the self-contained splitter to where needed.

The PTO-driven one was SO cool,  but the new one is really more practical, and efficient. 
Bufordjeep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bufordjeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan. 2019 at 10:54am
Beautiful area, perfect place for a Jeep.  What state?
JeepFever View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan. 2019 at 2:07pm
Originally posted by Bufordjeep Bufordjeep wrote:

Beautiful area, perfect place for a Jeep.  What state?

Central Virginia   . .   in the middle "gravel" photo above,  the horizon is mostly blocked,  but somewhat visible are the mountains that Skyline Drive runs down.    There used to be lots of really cool trails,  but some of the best ones were closed during a massive flood,  and others closed by private land owners etc.   Still a nice place for a Jeep though. Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3031323334 44>