Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Jeep Photos and Stories
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

long wheel base CJ-2a

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frank1669 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: long wheel base CJ-2a
    Posted: 11 Jan. 2010 at 7:17am
Hello Everybody. I am new to the forum.  To make a short story long Wink  I just moved 1100 miles to northern Idaho.  It was to exspinsevive to take all of my vehicles and projects with me   I had to let go of 2 1948 CJ-2a that I had planned on making 1 very nice Jeep out of. While unloading some of my jeeps a neighbor stopped by and asked if i need another.  So here is what I wound up with.   

the frame 

Does anyone know who made these?  The frame extention is not Ideal but it is a nice job, but where the body was streched looks to be on par with a factory job.  The gentleman I got her from has owned her since 1975 and said he got her this way.  He also said there is one more like her in this area.  Any possibilty this was a dealer modification?  or Is anyone aware of a company that did these?  My mane concern youl be "ruining" a rare jeep.I am thinking about putting in a Dauntlass V-6 I have laying around  As of now It has had the L head engine replased with a F-head. Any help would be appetiated Thank You, Jeremy
Harriet View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harriet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan. 2010 at 10:32am
That looks great - and different! Being someone who rather likes the long wheelbases, I hope someone who has the info you want replies soon!!!
Nice addition.
46 CJ2A 14509

50 Jeepster
58 4WD Truck

My Link
I AM the understanding wife!
Anyone seen my marbles?
Always hoisted by my own petard!
Rob H. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob H. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan. 2010 at 11:45am
Jeremy I hadn't even looked on here to see if you'd posted them yet LOL. Caught be before coffee. Interesting story how you got it too!
Rob H.

1948 CJ2A
bits and pieces of three 3A's
1967-72 Chevy C/10 kinda combined them LOL

Post Reply Post Reply