Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tim’s Jeep

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Johnny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tim’s Jeep
    Posted: 17 Aug. 2005 at 9:32am

Derek has it on The CJ3B Page.  There is a .gif and a resizable .pdf file at the bottom of the page, and an e-mail address for a guy who has a file you can use to cut vinyl.

Nelson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nelson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug. 2005 at 3:53am
[QUOTE=JohnnyOne of the things I'd wanted to do was to paint 4 WHEEL DRIVE on the tailgate.  I downloaded the stencil but never got round to adding this detail.  Tim has put the graphic on.

The Jeep made a strong showing at its first car show.

Thanks, Tim, for taking such wonderful care of the old fellow. 

Where can I download that stencil? I been lookin for one of those?

1946 CJ2A veh id#70146
http://nelsonthejeep.myphotoalbum.com
Johnny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug. 2005 at 10:45am

I tried it on the Mac, and got a 'Safari cannot display the page' message.  So I copied the URL and added 'www.' to the front.  After entering, the URL dropped the www (so the URL was the same as you linked) and the page came up.  Weird, eh?  Anyway, great pics!  I'm impressed by all of the detail shots. 

Are you going to get a new top for the Jeep?  If so, are you going to do green canvass; or white vinyl?  I think the top package consisted of two doors, two door jambs, two side curtains, one rear curtain, and the top.  ISTR that the '46 should have the two-piece top so that you can cover the front seats and have a rear curtain, and leave the rear uncovered.  If I were doing it, I'd get the top that stretches from the windscreen to the tailgate since I'd never use the half-top.

timcj2a View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timcj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug. 2005 at 6:28pm
I don't know what the problem could be, it opens up fine for me.

Anyway,
all anyone has to do is click on the "WWW" below my post and it will
take you to the website.

Tim
1946 CJ2A #69376

Chula Vista, CA

Johnny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug. 2005 at 10:51am

Got a 'cannot find server' on that link.

timcj2a View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timcj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug. 2005 at 11:51pm
Thanks for the kind words. Sorry I couldn't get back to you all sooner, but
I just got back home to California.

The '46 was a real crowd pleaser at the car show. Old and young alike had
questions as well as their own stories to tell about an old jeep sometime
in their past.

Below is a link to photos from the car show and things I've done to the
jeep.

Photos of my '46
1946 CJ2A #69376

Chula Vista, CA

Ritt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ritt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug. 2005 at 3:38pm

WE NEED PICS!!

and thanks again for all you've done.

Edited by Ritt
Rit

1948 2A,

"RAISIN COOKIES THAT LOOK LIKE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES ARE THE MAIN REASON I HAVE TRUST ISSUES"
Jeff View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug. 2005 at 9:05am

Maybe instead of "newbie" it should say "W.O." for web originator, it kinda fits with Willys Overland.  toss in 5 stars too, if not for him I would still be over on the 3B or G503 pages.

Jeff

bobevans View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobevans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug. 2005 at 9:44pm

Johnny,

It seems so strange not to see "webmaster" after your name!

'48 CJ2A

'56 DJ3A

'79 CJ7

And two of them actually run!
Mike Gardner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Gardner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug. 2005 at 12:46pm
i saw it. looks great. i hope mine can end up close to the shape of that.
1945 CJ-2A 11713
1995 YJ 4.0
Johnny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug. 2005 at 12:11pm

You all know that circumstances forced me to sell my '46 CJ2A at the end of last year.  The CJ2A Page reader Tim bought it, and I'm glad it went to 'one of us'.  He sent me photos of it last week and it looks fantastic!  He added chrome headlight bezels, detailed it, painted the top bows, and painted and installed the PTO drum pulley.

One of the things I'd wanted to do was to paint 4 WHEEL DRIVE on the tailgate.  I downloaded the stencil but never got round to adding this detail.  Tim has put the graphic on.

The Jeep made a strong showing at its first car show.

Thanks, Tim, for taking such wonderful care of the old fellow. 

Post Reply Post Reply