Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Tech Questions and Answers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

One Bright One Dim Headlight

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CJTWOA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug. 2016 at 7:26am
Thank you so much - great advice.

Would love that harness - but I'm going ot have to see what I can do with what i have.

I can't thank you guys enough for the info...
As always: thank you.
dluber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dluber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug. 2016 at 11:03pm
I had a similar problem when I purchased my 1946.  Turns out the previous owner had one standard sealed beam and one halogen sealed beam.  Simple fix, but I thought I would share in the event this happens to someone else.
CJTWOA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CJTWOA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug. 2016 at 7:26pm
I got the harness.

It seems like too many people were saying to do it for me not to do it.

As always: thank you.
SE Kansas 46 CJ-2A View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SE Kansas 46 CJ-2A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug. 2016 at 7:55pm
Thumbs UpClap Good deal.  By the time you purchase the wire in different colors and the right gage, buy the terminals, and figure out where everything goes you will have spent most of what it would take to obtain the right harness...and the right harness will really look nice under the hood.

I have wired one CJ-2A from scratch before and that was one time too many.  When replacing the wiring in Ol' Red the only way to go was the new wiring harness. In and done... 
46 CJ-2A #64462 "Ol' Red" (bought April 1969)(second owner)(12 V, 11" brakes, M-38 frame, MD Juan tub)

U.S. Coast Guard Chief Petty Officer(ret.)
U.S. Army Vietnam veteran and damned proud of it.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12