Forum Home Forum Home > Bantam Trailer - Discussion - For Sale - Wanted > Bantam Trailer - Your project
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Started Teardown On My Bantam

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
canorisa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canorisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb. 2011 at 9:00pm
FINALLY!!! THE COUSINS ARE TOGETHER ONCE AGAINWinkTongueLOL

Once a Marine!, Always a Marine!, Semper Fi! - Combat Wounded Vet, Desert Storm/Desert Shield - Persian Gulf 1992

E-mail: canorisa@msn.com

1940's Bantam T3-C
canorisa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canorisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb. 2011 at 12:36am
Longhunter/Mike:

NighOwl/Dave has decided to back away from the sale of this OD canvas tarp so it is still available if you are still interested.  Let me know.

Joel
Once a Marine!, Always a Marine!, Semper Fi! - Combat Wounded Vet, Desert Storm/Desert Shield - Persian Gulf 1992

1940's Bantam T3-C
Longhunter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb. 2011 at 1:21pm
Thanks Joel.
Mike in Mississippi
2006 Jeep Rubicon
1946 CJ2a #49667
1946 Bantam T3-C #7909
1 UNDERSTANDING Wife

"2 wrongs don't make a right but 3 rights will make a left".... Gallagher
canorisa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canorisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb. 2011 at 10:45pm
Originally posted by Longhunter Longhunter wrote:

If nightowl doesn't want it.... I DO.

I'm second on the list.

Longhunter...I have been in touch with NightOwl and he seems interested but if he does not want it then I'll give you a holler.

Joel

1940's Bantam T3-C
Night0wl View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Night0wl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb. 2011 at 2:53pm
PM sent
Night0wl
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose" Jim Elliot
45 CJ-2A
My Project

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb. 2011 at 2:02pm
If nightowl doesn't want it.... I DO.

I'm second on the list.

Mike in Mississippi
2006 Jeep Rubicon
1946 CJ2a #49667
1946 Bantam T3-C #7909
1 UNDERSTANDING Wife

canorisa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canorisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb. 2011 at 2:54am
NightOwl:

Thanks for the complements.  I do appreciate that and Yes, I do know that the cover will fit without the bows on it but I want those bows on it SO I'm willing to sacrifice that cover to get the one I can use with the bows.

Well, I did paid $150 for it so I'm willing to let it go for that amount and I will ship it FREE to your location.  You tell me.  As you can see from the pics, the cover is brand new.  I never did use it on the M416 and is the first time I have lay it on the Bantam.  It had been kept a box inside the trailer and never used.  Let me know if you are interested and we can work something out for sure.

Joel

1940's Bantam T3-C
Night0wl View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Night0wl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb. 2011 at 2:31am
Hey Joel,
Nice job on the bows.
I don't know about the covers but from the looks of things that cover would fit without the bows as Jamie said.
By the way if you want to get rid of that cover let me know.
I will take it off your handsBig smile
Night0wl
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose" Jim Elliot
45 CJ-2A
My Project
canorisa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canorisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb. 2011 at 2:14am
Jamie:

Would you be able to put me in touch with Black Dog Designs?  I'm very much interested in the chuck wagon setup.  Just out of curiosity, what dimensions did you give them so that they can make your cover?  What material is it going to be?

I checked with Weebe Webbings but thought they were too high so I didn't go with them.  Can you shoot me an email if you don't want to post here?  I would truly appreciate that very much.

Joel

1940's Bantam T3-C
P8106jr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P8106jr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb. 2011 at 1:29am
They did not have bows!  7" rise will shorten the the length by14"s + I am having a chuck wagon cover made by Black Dog Designs in Mt. Idea AR.  They have done a lot of miltary covers for Bill Barnes. He owns over 30 War II, Korean and Vietnam error Militray vechiles.  When I get it back in a month or so, I will post pictures.  They are very reasonable.  Weebe Webbings can make them out of OD.  and they will make it work with the Bows.
Jamie Powers

Houston TX

1963 CJ3

Bantam T3-C Year unknown

www.haflatfenders.com
canorisa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canorisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb. 2011 at 12:05am
Well, I installed the trailer tarp on the trailer and it does not fit!  Why?  I don't know but as you can see from the pictures, IT'S TOO SHORT!  I'm now looking for any suggestions.  What can I do at this point?

The OD tarp was purchased for the M416 and it did fit that but I later went with a different set up.  The tarp is brand new but as you can see it won't be too much of use for me on this setup.  I bought the tarp for $150 (including tax and shipping).  Would I be able to get that out if I decide to sell it?

1940's Bantam T3-C
canorisa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canorisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb. 2011 at 3:47pm
Thanks for the complements Gents.  Yes, I do have a cover for it.  Is inside the other M416 and I will be getting that one tomorrow.  Will post pictures once the cover is on.

Joel

1940's Bantam T3-C

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb. 2011 at 1:37pm
Trailer looks GREAT!
Bows look GREAT!
Do you have a cover yet?

Thumbs Up

Mike in Mississippi
2006 Jeep Rubicon
1946 CJ2a #49667
1946 Bantam T3-C #7909
1 UNDERSTANDING Wife

rrivera1833 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rrivera1833 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb. 2011 at 12:55pm

That is a great set up.

2nd LT Rivera/ SSgt Rivera USMC

48 CJ2A
T3-C Bantam #655
P8106jr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P8106jr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb. 2011 at 4:38am
very nice!
Jamie Powers

Houston TX

1963 CJ3

Bantam T3-C Year unknown

www.haflatfenders.com
canorisa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canorisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb. 2011 at 4:22am
I FINALLY installed my bow set up that I had purchased from Norm back in June 2010.  Had the bows refinished and I think they look great BUT YOU BE THE JUDGE OF THAT.  Please tell me what you guys think.

Here are a few pictures of the bows and trailer together:

1940's Bantam T3-C
canorisa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canorisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan. 2011 at 5:45pm
Eddie:

Sounds like you have a pretty well plan ahead of you with your son.  There is nothing like it.  I hope you teach your son a thing or two about mechanics with your trailer build up or restoration.  I know what you mean about it takes time.  Mine took some time but it was all well worth it in the end.

My recommendation to you is take it slow, don't be in a hurry and have lots of fun with you son restoring that trailer.  Do post pictures when you have them.  I would love to see your progress.  Have you decided what color you are going to paint the trailer?

As far as the hitch coupler that adventure trailer sells.  I don't know much about them but Am pretty sure you have done some research on them by now.  I would tell you to go for it but I'm afraid I don't know much about making it water proof.  Maybe your welder may have some suggestions about it.  Just ask around.  I'm sure someone out there must of have done something like that on their trailer or some other application.  Good luck with that though.

Like I said before, I do have an M416 and is water tight, so no tailgate to speak off.  Maybe you can do the same and get yourself a M416 and keep your Bantam as is.  Just a thought, that's all.

Joel

1940's Bantam T3-C
emah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan. 2011 at 8:09am
F. Bill,
I actually have a Land Rover Discovery I built up for off roading.  No jeep sorry.

Joel,
I have not install the second shackle yet.  Hope to do it next week time permitting.  The progress is slow because I want my 12 yr. son to continue helping me out and learning about the process.  He is very handy with tools and mechanical things.  I plan on documenting with photos like your self in the tear down section.  I hope to take the wheels and tires off this week and have those sand blasted first so I can at least move it around the driveway before doing a complete teardown.  I need to get the tailgate fixed at a body shop because it is badly broken and bowed out.  Then the hindges then I will tear it down for sand blasting and paint.  I want to adapt the hitch coupler that adventure trailer sells.  It's pretty solid but still want be able to put the old Fulton hitch back on if necessary to maintain its original status.

I will post pixs of the floor gap soon.  I think that I may be able to make the tailgate somewhat watertight by using a flexible door seal of some kind.  If I can maintain enough pressure to form a tight seal that will keep most of the water out.  To answer F. Bills question of how deep of water I plan to cross, I sometimes cross a depth of 3.5 ft.  Pretty deep so at that depth the hope is that the trailer will float and the water will push enough pressure on the tailgate to keep it watertight.

Anyone tried to make their trailer water tight this way?
Eddie
1947 Bantam T3C
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>