Forum Home Forum Home > Bantam Trailer - Discussion - For Sale - Wanted > Bantam Trailer - Your project
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Another Bantam

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsboening Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Another Bantam
    Posted: 02 Aug. 2010 at 12:25am
Long story short:
Wife whats husband to take a break from the Jeep and take her and the kids on a boat ride and fishing.  Husband agrees and takes them.  10 minutes into the boat ride husband spots bantam trailer at the dock of a huge old passenger ship.  Wife rolls eyes and puts her hand on her forehead.  Husband looks at wife for any signs of danger from her if he approaches the trailer any closer.  Husband goes for it neglecting his own safety.

After realizing her husbands incurable addiction to all things old jeep related she makes no fewer that 5 or 6 calls to find the owner of the old Bantam.  What a great wifeSmileClap.  

After getting ahold of the Captain of the Milwaukee Clipper, he decides he'd part with the trailer.  Turns out he's a WWII vet and has somewhat of a soft spot for old jeep.  Thank you jeep Gods! 

So today we load up the kids to go look at the trailer out at the Milwaukee Clipper and got a personal tour of the ship by the captain himself.   My family had a blast exploring this old ship.  Thank you Captain Priefer!  You are a true gentleman and my family is better for having met you.  Oh and thanks again for selling me the trailer.  We both know you didn't have too.

As of now I've been unable to find any VIN numbers.  The tags are all missing. Still not a bad find.  I'm happy.
Doug Timme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doug Timme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug. 2010 at 1:59am
Nice find, is there a story behind the flowers?

Doug
jsboening View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsboening Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug. 2010 at 2:08am
I didn't think to ask. My daughters noticed them right away. They want me to keep them, but it not going to happen. The trailer
Was given to the captain back in the 80s by his good friend who has since passed. The money was going back to the widow.
berettajeep View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug. 2010 at 2:26am
I say you keep the flowers, gives it a cool personal touch. ( Keeps the daughters happy too!)

jsboening View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsboening Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug. 2010 at 2:40am
I've got time to think about it. My jeep isn't even done yet. I may just check the bearings, get some safety chains, temporary lights and see if I can get it registered for the road. I'm not looking forward to dealing with the Michigan Secretary of State. Nothing is ever easy there.
48cj2a View Drop Down
Bantam Trailer Moderator
Bantam Trailer Moderator
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 48cj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug. 2010 at 2:35pm
Jeff,
Congrats on your find!
Best story I've heard yet with pictures to boot.
I'm on Vacation but will contact you when I get home for unedited pictures for the website.
Art C USAF (Retired)

47 CJ2A #134955 Project
48 CJ2A #206759
62 L6226 Station Wagon #58167 10900
45 T3-C #191 Project
http://www.bantamt3c.com
http://www.48cj2a.com
 Post Reply Post Reply