Forum Home Forum Home > Bantam Trailer - Discussion - For Sale - Wanted > Bantam Trailer - Tech Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Trailer ball smaller than 1 7/8" ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
kilroy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kilroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug. 2010 at 2:09pm
What about getting a hold of the Captain you bought it from and asking if they used a special type of vehicle to move it around on the docks. They had to move it some how... Just throwing stuff against the wall...

"You know, I'm too old a bunny to get very excited about all this."
General H.E. von Salmuth
Commander
German Fourth Army
France: 5 June 1944

1947 Willys CJ2A
1947 Bantam T3-C Trailer

jsboening View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsboening Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug. 2010 at 1:57pm
It says FOREMOST PRODUCTS HOLLY MICHIGAN ON IT. I googled it and came up with nothing. It's too bad because it seems to work real nice, other than not going on a ball. LOL! 
Longhunter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug. 2010 at 1:48pm
Hmmmmmmmm.............. I have never seen a coupler like that. Most couplers have the size on them somewhere. That may be a lawn and garden type of thing and not something meant for the road. I think I would get a new one.

JMHO

Confused
Mike in Mississippi
2006 Jeep Rubicon
1946 CJ2a #49667
1946 Bantam T3-C #7909
1 UNDERSTANDING Wife

"2 wrongs don't make a right but 3 rights will make a left".... Gallagher
jsboening View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsboening Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug. 2010 at 1:41pm
Here are some pictures.  I've sanded down the ball to get rid of a few burs and still no luck.  What am I missing. Is there a different style of ball?

dmeyerrph View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmeyerrph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug. 2010 at 11:36am
do you have any pics of your coupler?  And are you sure you are using a 1 7/8 and not a 2 inch?
Dave - Retired LTC USAR
T3-C SN 2524
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL Sahara
M1 Garand
30-40 Krag

/l ,[____],
l---L -0lllllll0-
()_) ()_)--O-)_) <
bkreutz View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkreutz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug. 2010 at 3:19am
Never heard of a ball smaller than 1 7/8" What coupler are you using. The standard Fulton that came on the T3-C is a 1 7/8". mine fits normally. (I think the European's have a smaller ball/coupling arrangement, but that would be metric)
Gale

47 CJ2A 142857
47 Bantam T3-C 16271

Photo page http://bkreutz.smugmug.com/
jsboening View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsboening Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug. 2010 at 3:04am
Does anyone know if the make a trailer ball smaller than 1 7/8"?  I've tried getting my trailer on a 1 7/8" ball, but have had no luck. Did they make a 1 3/4" ball?  My coupler seems to be in good shape it's just too small.  Maybe machine a 1 7/8 down? Help.Confused
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12