Forum Home Forum Home > Bantam Trailer - Discussion - For Sale - Wanted > Bantam Trailer - Your project
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Not Bantam but similar Willys in Finland

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hentpe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Not Bantam but similar Willys in Finland
    Posted: 26 Oct. 2010 at 10:11am

My trailer is model year 1943 and it´s Willys made. There is no openable tailgate at all. Lights have been changed to meet local regulations. Original war lights and 4-pole sockets and wire came along with other stuff.  Let´s photos speak for them selfs.

I want to know more about my trailer and what is the story behind these two makers Willys and Bantam. I know how the Jeep born from that Bantam prototype but now we talk about trailers.  
HePe
www.amccf.com
www.fjdc.org
dmeyerrph View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmeyerrph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct. 2010 at 1:39pm

You have an original World War II MBT military trailer in unmolested condition.  It is VERY desirable in that condition.  A better website is the g503.

Dave - Retired LTC USAR
T3-C SN 2524
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL Sahara
M1 Garand
30-40 Krag

/l ,[____],
l---L -0lllllll0-
()_) ()_)--O-)_) <
ndrtkr View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndrtkr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct. 2010 at 1:55pm
Originally posted by dmeyerrph dmeyerrph wrote:

You have an original World War II MBT military trailer in unmolested condition.  It is VERY desirable in that condition.  A better website is the g503.

I would'nt jump to the conclusion it's a MBT so quickly, as it too could be a Bantam.....
The data plate is definately a reproduction & definately NOT a correctly stamped delivery date or serial  #.  I agree it is in VERY nice shape & could be restored to it's beautiful WW II era glory quite easily!  All of the tailights are incorrect.  Although they are military, they are definately NOT the WW II era blackout style lights.  You can find out how to correctly identify your trailer on the link provided.  The differences in the axles and shock mounts are the easiest way to distinguish the two.   Nice find!
"Life is tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid"- John Wayne
Longhunter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct. 2010 at 2:04pm

I don't know much about these trailers but shouldn't the body tag have the date of delivery like on a Jeep showing Month - day - year?

Very nice trailer!!
Congrats on the find!

Thumbs Up
Mike in Mississippi
2006 Jeep Rubicon
1946 CJ2a #49667
1946 Bantam T3-C #7909
1 UNDERSTANDING Wife

"2 wrongs don't make a right but 3 rights will make a left".... Gallagher
 Post Reply Post Reply