Forum Home Forum Home > Bantam Trailer - Discussion - For Sale - Wanted > Bantam Trailer - Your project
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

new trailer pics/toy.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: new trailer pics/toy.
    Posted: 25 Nov. 2010 at 4:58pm
finally got the new pictures to load of my new trailer find. doesnt need much of anything but some wiring and lights. title says 1947 amban. any input welcome. the black in some of the pictures is rust spray i was just trying to stop anything that looked like it would rust, since there seems to be none on it.Needs new tires also.
ndrtkr View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndrtkr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov. 2010 at 5:24pm
Now that's one to be proud of!..Thumbs Up  That appears to be an original
wiring harness on it.  If you remove & rewire, do so carefully & document
with pics if you don't mind.  Rare to find one nowadays that only needs
to be enjoyed without much refurbishment.
"Life is tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid"- John Wayne
aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov. 2010 at 5:31pm
yes, ive crawled underneath and the wiring is ran from the back to front hitch and is still clamped up along the frame with original clamps, i can get pics of that. i posted this in general discussion when i first got it last month at a auction for 200 dollars, nobody else really was interested in it, i guess they didnt know what it was. of course i didnt either, i was just trying to buy a trailer that would fit behind my cherokee nicely, and wasnt going to go over 300 for it, i guess i got lucky.the lady who was auctioning it said it was her late husbands fathers trailer and he was the original owner.
aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov. 2010 at 7:27pm
just researched the model a tailight conversion since original light seems impossible to find, unless i get lucky twice, lol. anyway think ill definatley go that route, so to keep it as original as possible looking, originally thought id paint it in spring but im thinking i like the patina old school  look and might just leave it alone as long as it wont rust. as for the reflectors, does it matter if they are oarnge or red? thanks.
Longhunter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov. 2010 at 1:40pm
WOW, that's a nice one!!!!
Congrats on the EXCELLENT find!!

Thumbs Up

Edited by Longhunter - 26 Nov. 2010 at 1:40pm
Mike in Mississippi
2006 Jeep Rubicon
1946 CJ2a #49667
1946 Bantam T3-C #7909
1 UNDERSTANDING Wife

"2 wrongs don't make a right but 3 rights will make a left".... Gallagher
Randy Snyder View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy Snyder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov. 2010 at 4:32pm
Should be red rear reflectors. 
'46 2A #13943

'46 2A #26236

'45 T3-C #436

dennisanvil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dennisanvil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov. 2010 at 6:17pm
i wish i could figure out how to post pictures that good . nice trailer and  great job on posting pictures . dennis
dennisanvil                   1948 cj2a, maker of tailgate hooks & hand forge iron ware
there not any knowen cure for jeep fever.
serial # 164136<
aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov. 2010 at 6:24pm
to be truthful my son had a lot to do with the pictures. i finally talked him into showing me how, lol. thanks. will try to get some of underneath soon also.
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy Snyder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov. 2010 at 7:43pm
'46 2A #13943

'46 2A #26236

'45 T3-C #436

aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov. 2010 at 8:15pm
thanks for the info randy, i thought i could just go to the local factory supply store and grab some that looked close, but the site you showed me looks like a better deal. do you just use metal screws or rivets to attach them? since the holes are there already?
dmeyerrph View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmeyerrph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov. 2010 at 3:58pm
Here is a pic of the reflectors and the original single arrow that came on mine.  Just a simple bolt and nut held them on.
Dave - Retired LTC USAR
T3-C SN 2524
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL Sahara
M1 Garand
30-40 Krag

/l ,[____],
l---L -0lllllll0-
()_) ()_)--O-)_) <
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy Snyder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov. 2010 at 6:26pm
Dave,
What are the markings on your reflector's metal bezel?  This is an example of an oval bezel. 
Both round and oval bezels were used thoughout production at Bantam.
Thanks,
Randy
'46 2A #13943

'46 2A #26236

'45 T3-C #436

aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov. 2010 at 9:46pm
what, did bantam trailers use the ford model a stainless taillight for there trailer light, they look just like each other?
F Bill View Drop Down

Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote F Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov. 2010 at 1:41am
Originally posted by aaron aaron wrote:

what, did bantam trailers use the ford model a stainless taillight for there trailer light, they look just like each other?

Actually the Model AA commercial black tail light was closer to the Arrow, but neither Ford light is correct. BUT....from 100 feet it is really hard to tell the difference!
If you haven't checked out the tech FAQ section, go to:
http://www.thecj2apage.com/forums/tech-faq_forum57.html
for a lot of great stuff you need to know!!

aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar. 2011 at 2:31am
Weathers getting nice and was getting ready to work on the trailer, was wondering if anybody has any input on rhino lining inside bed on one of these that's this original?
48cj2a View Drop Down
Bantam Trailer Moderator
Bantam Trailer Moderator
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 48cj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar. 2011 at 2:41am
It's your trailer, but I wish you wouldn't...
Art C USAF (Retired)

47 CJ2A #134955 Project
48 CJ2A #206759
62 L6226 Station Wagon #58167 10900
45 T3-C #191 Project
http://www.bantamt3c.com
http://www.48cj2a.com
ndrtkr View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndrtkr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar. 2011 at 2:51am
Originally posted by 48cj2a 48cj2a wrote:

It's your trailer, but I wish you wouldn't...
Ditto....CryOuchThumbs DownBeer..it'll drive me to drinkin!
"Life is tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid"- John Wayne
Hamhog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamhog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar. 2011 at 2:53am
Or you could sell it to me and buy a newer trailer that suits your needs a little better...
Dave
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>