Forum Home Forum Home > The CJ2A Parts Project > Parts List > Non-Willys Accessories
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Koenig "King" Winches

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobatwarsaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan. 2013 at 12:37am
Take Care
Bob

<
Joe Friday View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Friday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb. 2013 at 6:33am

If you look at the top of page 3 in Ralf's post you will see a Koenig Model 100J crankshaft driven winch for a CJ2A Upright. Below you will see a mounting plate for it. I have only seen 2.

Below the 100J you will see the R100J, that was the crankshaft driven 100J that was reversible for power in and power out.

Bob3b View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob3b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb. 2013 at 2:19pm
Hey Joe, that mounting plate is like a work of art..Amazing.
1946 CJ2A #23881
1953 CJ3b, nice!
1949 Jeepster
1947 Empire Model 90
1985 CJ10A
Spen "S" Utility trailer
Kubota l3400
F Bill View Drop Down

Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote F Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb. 2013 at 2:22pm
I recently talked to a gentleman who had access to a former Koenig dealer's parts room. THere is an all CHROME Koenig winch there.. Working on getting a price out of him, we will see if it actually is for sale.

Has anyone else ever seen the Chrome one?
If you haven't checked out the tech FAQ section, go to:
http://www.thecj2apage.com/forums/tech-faq_forum57.html
for a lot of great stuff you need to know!!

Joe Friday View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Friday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb. 2013 at 2:53pm
You and I both spoke to him... and are awaiting pictures.

I dug that mount out because I was thinking the chrome winch would look real nice on top of it. Wink

He says chrome, but I'm thinking it may be highly polished aluminum.

There is still display stuff out there. I found special Willys part numbers for display engines for dozens of Jeep suppliers like hobart etc that were spcially prepped for the showroom. How cool would that be to find...
jeeper50 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeeper50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec. 2013 at 3:20pm
I have been doing some research into RKI and have found the winches they offer are indeed duplicates of the model 100  8K winch and a similar model like my model 100 8K. I have comfirmed the two gear part numbers on my winch and will compare RKIs p/ns with the Koenig p/ns. I hope they have several parts in stock also for a size comparsion.

If you dig into their website you'll see the current line of winches identcal to the old Koenig line, I hope the internals are the same just listed under a different part number. I'll report my findings.

Edited by jeeper50 - 06 Dec. 2013 at 8:41pm

Belleview ol skool winch soon.
'48 CJ2A 283 V8 sm 420 granny low, tera low D18, overdrive,lockers

Texan at heart,Alabama by retirement

jeeper50 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeeper50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec. 2013 at 8:49pm

Koenig buffs
I was told today from my local distributor (who never has ordered any parts from RKI) that there are quite a few internal parts that cross over to the new part numbers and are available for purchase (he was told that from the RKI rep on the phone) thru your local RKI distributor. I was interested in several of the large main shaft bushings and the worm gear and bronze LH gear as mine are worn somewhat from low or no 90w in the main housing.
These number are from a model 100 parts list

Here are the Koenig #       and the RKI #
               1082G Bronze gear-        42521       $ approx $315.
               K1086  Left hand worm -  40034                     $154.
               126B bushing-                 40005                     $10.50ea  2 req'd
               111B bushing-                 40002                     $17.90 ea  2 req'd

Here's link to the winches they offer, check 'em out just like my Model 100. The gear case casting I have is similar to the 12K winches.( the top of the case unbolts off the mainshaft) the sell thru their distributors only, check to find one in your area. It's good to find parts for our winches avail

Belleview ol skool winch soon.
'48 CJ2A 283 V8 sm 420 granny low, tera low D18, overdrive,lockers

Texan at heart,Alabama by retirement

slowjunk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slowjunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug. 2014 at 9:06pm
Hi,

I noticed a post you made regarding a Koenig winch with a long worm shaft.  Would you be interested in selling the winch or just selling the long worm shaft if you plan on changing it to a short worm shaft?

Stretch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stretch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec. 2014 at 3:47am
I have a mid mount koenig 100 off a CJ5, that I am installing on a 2A.  I checked the rotation, and it pulls on the bottom of the drum, which means I would have to cut bumper and install fairlead in the bumper.

The CJ2A mounts I see show the cable being pulled on the top of the drum, with the fairlead on top of the bumper.

Is there a way to reverse the rotation of the winch, so I can use a stock 2A mount?

Edited by Stretch - 27 Dec. 2014 at 4:06am
1946 CJ2A #44093
1946 CJ2A #44754
1952 REO M108 Crane/wrecker

Pile of parts...
jhg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jhg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan. 2022 at 11:32pm
Here is my King/Koenig 151-j. It came with the mount and bumper assembly that is shown in the brochure. I am confident it will fit onto my 2a without too much modification. It will be gone through, but I doubt will need anything other than brake pads. 

It will be clear coated and given the original red lettering. Synthetic winch line on the spool rather than wire cable.

Edited by jhg - 10 Jan. 2022 at 11:37pm
1948 cj2a. Rebuilt L-head, steering, T90, WO 636, steering, brake lines. So far.
wesk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wesk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep. 2023 at 1:07am
Bob,

What model Koenig winch is the one in your opening photo above?
Wes K 45 MB, 51 M38, 54 M37, 60 CJ5, T3-C, M100, M101A1
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12