Forum Home Forum Home > Bantam Trailer - Discussion - For Sale - Wanted > Bantam Trailer - Your project
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1945 T3-C #470

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Randy Snyder View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy Snyder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1945 T3-C #470
    Posted: 08 June 2011 at 5:31am
My info is there in the database.  Need to get around to sending some photos...
'46 2A #13943

'46 2A #26236

'45 T3-C #436

Night0wl View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Night0wl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2011 at 12:59pm
Randy,
Why is your trailer not on the T3-C website?  You need to send some info and pics over to Art and let him add them to the page.  You will be #4 from the top.  Of course that means you bump me down to number 5!LOL
Night0wl
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose" Jim Elliot
45 CJ-2A
My Project
Night0wl View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Night0wl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2011 at 12:56pm
Randy,
Yes the logo is there underneath.  If you look at my tailgate shot you can see the large B and then a and m at the end.  When it is wet it is much easier to see.  I believe that if I did some lite sanding that I could make out the whole thing.
Night0wl
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose" Jim Elliot
45 CJ-2A
My Project
Randy Snyder View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy Snyder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2011 at 5:32am
Dave,
That is realy close to my trailer #436.  I will be needing some detail photos of the tailgate, as mine is missing.  Do I see the remains of the large Bantam logo on the tailgate?

Randy
'46 2A #13943

'46 2A #26236

'45 T3-C #436

Night0wl View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Night0wl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2011 at 2:35am
Gale,
I believe the tires to be originals.  They sure look it anyway.  Goodyear tubes inside as well.  I can't verify that since I wasn't around back then but I am gonna use them anyway.
Some one was supposed to help me get date codes for the stamping but they never did.
Trailer doesn't show many signs of being used all that much.  It still had the original chain covers on it!
It looks as though it has been sitting outside for a long time.
Given the fact that it still had the Arrow lamp on it and the chain covers I am gonna assume the other stuff is original too.  It still had most of the original factory wiring as well.
Night0wl
45 CJ-2A
My Project
bkreutz View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkreutz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2011 at 11:21pm
Nice find. Those look like original tires as wellThumbs Up
Gale

47 CJ2A 142857
47 Bantam T3-C 16271

Photo page http://bkreutz.smugmug.com/
Night0wl View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Night0wl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2011 at 9:55pm

One of the biggest problems people have.....

No where to store there stuff!!!!
Night0wl
45 CJ-2A
My Project
nashdog View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nashdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2011 at 9:00pm
Dave--
  You better cover that thing back up & push it over in the corner of the yard, or you're gonna get distracted and lose focus on that sweet frame of yours!LOL

As a matter of fact, if you put wheels & tires on it, you could always pull it up here....I'll take care of it for ya while you finish up #10578Wink
insured by HK
Night0wl View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Night0wl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2011 at 8:27pm

Now, that it is officially mine I figured I would post some pics of my Bantam project.
Just got the title from the VA DMV after 4 months!  But now it is free and clear and mine.
I am not planning on diving in on this, as my 2A needs the time I have for projects.
It is a 1945 Bantam TC-3 and it number #470.
It has the typical left over military features.  It is all original including the arrow tail lamp that I have already removed as well as the reflectors.  
It was in a field for the past 30+ years.  It will need work for sure but over all it is in good shape.
The fulton knob was broken already.
Some detailed pics of the stamping inside of the rims can be seen here.
Lot's of pics to look at.

Edited by Night0wl - 03 June 2011 at 8:46pm
Night0wl
45 CJ-2A
My Project
 Post Reply Post Reply