Forum Home Forum Home > Other Vehicles Area > Other Vehicles - General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Your other other project

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author

Sponsor Member x 3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michaeltru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan. 2020 at 1:20am
mikec. Maybe a ‘39, looking at the wide 5 wheels.  Definitely needs a flathead V-8
Mike in AZ
Frank View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan. 2020 at 4:22pm
Tate,

Thank you for your comment. The power is back on now, so I can check the emails and cruise the 2A page.

Frank
drm101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drm101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb. 2020 at 7:51pm
You'all have some cool stuff. Love that dozer. I could use one of those.
Here's the latest project. '63 Nova SS. Just had it painted and I'm redoing the interior all stock in red. 350 that came from my Dad's '71 GMC Suburban, Muncie 4 speed, Ford 9", 4 link, Cpp minisubframe. Will look all stock on the outside. 
Dean
'47 CJ2A "Mud Hen"
The less the Power the More the Force
Nick_ View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb. 2020 at 10:37pm
Originally posted by mikec4193 mikec4193 wrote:

I bought this one in May of 2019...blew it completely apart...currently getting an old school black iron pipe roll cage installed...frame was really crusty
 when I got it...I had not fiddled with an early Ford since the 1970's...felt good to be tinkering with one again...always wanted an old Jalopy and what better one than a 1940 Ford...supposedly has history in the state of New Jersey at Vineland Speedway and Atlantic City Speedway also....
Hoping to be putting a motor and tranny in it this coming summer

That is wicked! Someone down my road has a car that looks very similar, also has a racing number. I did a double-take to check your location.

This is my 1993 Mazda RX-7. During this winter I've stripped down the engine bay and did a 3-stage paint job. I bought a fully built 2-rotor that's ported, high oil pressure, 2000cc injectors, 66 mm turbo. Factory was 275 hp. Dyno tuning this may with hopes of 550 whp (630 "crank" hp). At 2,700 lbs. it should be a whistling rocket ship.

Other parts are in-tank surge tank w/ Hellcat fuel pump, Haltech ecu system with digital dash, Ohlins coilovers... It's gotten out of hand. This dream build is a gift to myself for making it through school. The last hurrah before I become """responsible""".

drm101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drm101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb. 2020 at 3:58pm
I have a good friend that has restored several cars. He bought a similar 40 Ford that was an old drag car. It had an old ladder frame, the whole floor was cut out of it, and it was sitting in a junk yard in MI. When he got it home, he realized they must have picked it up by the roof to remove it from the pile of cars it sat in. The roof was squeezed in. He hammered it all out and straightened out the drip rails, welded a new floor and firewall in it, leaded in all the dents he couldn't hammer out, then put a stroked 460 in it with a C6 and Ford 9 inch. He did a candy striped red/white tuck & roll interior. It's such a cool car. Lightweight, very fast, and it's all Ford. 
I love those RX7's too. That's going to be killer.
Dean
'47 CJ2A "Mud Hen"
Joe Friday View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Friday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar. 2020 at 3:57pm
OK Nick, now you have officially made me feel OLD.

I designed and tested the Goodyear Eagle tires that were on your RX-7 from the factory.
I spent 2 weeks at the Mazda Miyoshi Proving Grounds with KOJIMA and  Maebayashi, the 2 engineers that designed the 2 degrees of complaint steer on your rear axle  and patented the hub.

I thought that was around 1987...

Nick_ View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar. 2020 at 12:08am
Originally posted by Joe Friday Joe Friday wrote:

OK Nick, now you have officially made me feel OLD.

I designed and tested the Goodyear Eagle tires that were on your RX-7 from the factory.
I spent 2 weeks at the Mazda Miyoshi Proving Grounds with KOJIMA and  Maebayashi, the 2 engineers that designed the 2 degrees of complaint steer on your rear axle  and patented the hub.

I thought that was around 1987...

That's awesome!! I'll trade you a ride in the car for your signature somewhere on the interior. It would be a nice piece of history.

I hate to beat a man when he's down, but I was negative 10 years old in 1987 LOL
drm101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drm101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar. 2020 at 11:18pm
Joe, How about the GLHS? You must have been around for the GLHS. I bought one right after getting out of college in 1990. It was a good car and my wife loved it. 

Edited by drm101 - 08 Mar. 2020 at 11:20pm
Dean
'47 CJ2A "Mud Hen"
Joe Friday View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Friday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar. 2020 at 5:48pm
Yup. I was there when Shelby came to Akron multiple times for Engineering meetings and track testing.
The tire designer that sat in front of me handled it, and he bought a metallic blue GLHS. He owned it just long enough to scare the crap out of me.
Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar. 2020 at 7:47pm
Originally posted by drm101 drm101 wrote:

It was a good car and my wife loved it.

There's some past tense in that statement.  Where's the car now?
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
drm101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drm101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar. 2020 at 4:33pm
I sold it 10 years ago to a guy in Sterling Heights MI. I'm sure it's still around. I sold it for $500 less than the $7000 I paid for it. Not a bad investment.
Dean
'47 CJ2A "Mud Hen"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345