Forum Home Forum Home > Suggestions, Comments and Testing > Testing and Support for the forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How to add a picture to a post.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 8>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sheetzie44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar. 2007 at 9:10pm
sheetzie44 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sheetzie44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar. 2007 at 9:12pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sheetzie44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar. 2007 at 9:15pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sheetzie44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar. 2007 at 9:19pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sheetzie44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar. 2007 at 9:22pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sheetzie44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar. 2007 at 9:27pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sheetzie44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar. 2007 at 9:34pm

chris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar. 2007 at 9:20pm

Holy cow!

I finally succeeded in loading a picture!

Well.  There it is folks.  My column-shifter in November '04 (a couple of days after I purchased it).  Now if I can just remember what I did so I can post more pics and "show off" what I've done to it since then.

More likely ... it will be a picture of something that I have broken with a desperate request for help!

Right now the poor thing is sitting in the garage minus seats, manifold, wireharness and rear brakes!   

Hopefully, this isn't the last picture that I post showing a jeep that actually runs!  Tongue

chris

2A #13396
Mike Gardner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Gardner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar. 2007 at 9:36pm
it's not there for me? did you move the location of the photo?
1945 CJ-2A 11713
1995 YJ 4.0
chris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar. 2007 at 11:09pm

What happened?

It was there.  I guess I spoke too soon!

Back to the drawing board.
chris

2A #13396
Karl H. Pohl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karl H. Pohl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar. 2007 at 11:36pm
Computers and digital imagery can drive a preacher to swear and drink!

Karl
chris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar. 2007 at 9:21pm
Not bein' a preacher, I'll risk it.
chris

2A #13396
chris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar. 2007 at 9:36pm

Another try a posting a picture. 

Hopefully someone can see this picture of my column-shifter from November '04 ... a couple of days after I bought it.

I'm beginning think that carving the image out of granite and carrying it around strapped to my back would be easier.

chris

2A #13396

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karl H. Pohl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar. 2007 at 11:37pm
Chris,
Restoring sixty year old Jeeps can be a challenge. What about those that will try and restore today's Jeeps sixty years from now?
Karl

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karl H. Pohl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar. 2007 at 11:53pm
Tony,
You got a really good looking Jeep there. You will never lose this one in a snow drift or in the bush!
Karl
westforkboyd View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote westforkboyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2007 at 1:14pm
Have seen more members having trouble posting photos. Been using a differnt method that hasn't been mentioned but is easy and works well for me.

First of coarse you need the hosting site and have the pics uploaded there.
Then just open two browsers (click your "e" again) and size them both to fit on your screen. One on your host site and one on the forum site.
Delete the http// from the preview line
Highlight the URL of your photo
Click and hold to drag it over to the preview line and......... voila posted!

Might help somebody.

Edited by westforkboyd - 29 May 2007 at 9:32am
'48 CJ-2A #184135 Lefty
'49 CJ-2A #219719 Mule
'39 Ford 9N
'55 Oliver Super 55 Ollybelle
samcj2a View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samcj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2007 at 2:06pm
And, for those using Picassa Web Albums (Google), here's the nitty gritty for getting those pictures in a post on this forum.

First, by way of example, here's a Picasa Web Album picture:
Right click and display Properties to see the way the URL you need to paste looks.  It is NOT the URL in your browser window when you are displaying the Picasa picture in your browser!

First, display the Picasa Web Album photo you want to show up in a post on this forum.  Then, click on the Link to this Photo link to the right of the picture.  Next, select the size you want for the picture.  The sample, above, is "Small 288pix", I think.   Next, copy the text in the "HTML to embed in website" box, and paste it somewhere - even the Image URL box in your window on this forum - because you'll need to paste only a portion of what you have copied.  (Ordinarily, you could select and copy only the part you want, but it is almost impossible because the box is so small and the string is so long.)

You get a big string of text like this:

Note that there are two strings that begin with "http://"  You want only the second string that ends with ".jpg"  This is the actual URL for your picture on the Google site.  It is that text that you should paste in the "Image URL" box in the Image Properties window that is brought up when  clicking on the tree icon above your posting window on this forum. 

If you are successful, you will be able to preview the image in the Image Properties window.  Note, too, that the "http://" is prepopulated in the Image URL box, so when you paste into that box, replace the prepopulated http:// or else delete the redundant one after you paste.

Sam

1946 CJ2A   15292 ACM    6678

1947 CJ2A 122031 ACM 111989

Are Glass Bowl Fuel Pumps OE?
Jus*Jack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jus*Jack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2007 at 9:26pm
Ok...so here's a try:

"http://lh5.google.com/image/Floyd763/RmHSvfBfTqE/AAAAAAAAAPg/DUTD7_1jJRo/s160-c/Surry.jpg" width="160" height="160" style="margin:1px 0 0 4px;"></a></td></tr><tr><td style="text-align:center;font-family:arial,sans-serif;font-size:11px"><a href="http://picasaweb.google.com/Floyd763/Surry" style="color:#4D4D4D;font-weight:bold;text-decoration:none;">Surry</a></td></tr></table>

And as you can see Sam, no joy. One of the things that is a possible cause of the problems is that Picasa for Macs is (apparently) different from Picasa for PCs...although any differences really shouldn't effect the results on this site, I wouldn't think. Your description of what you see on Picasa is NOT quite the same as what I see. Otherwise, it just doesn't seem to want to play nice over here! <g>

The same problems occur, of course, when I attempt to post a URL, and I know that I'm not alone. I'd have to ask the same question that I have seen raised so many times before on this forum, and that is, why does it have to be so difficult? There are so many other programs for forums of this sort that allow one to drag 'n drop (and as a long-time Mac-a-holic, I'm definitely of that mindset!), or at least to cut 'n paste.

I DO appreciate all of your attempts to help. Thanks!

Edited by Jus'Jack - 03 June 2007 at 9:33pm
Seeya!

<Jack>

'48 CJ2A 197207 "Junebug"

'48 CJ2A 191237 "Turquoise"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 8>