Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Agri-jeep plow question

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ricksslatts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Agri-jeep plow question
    Posted: 31 Aug. 2006 at 10:56pm
Hey, A-TEAM....One of my fellow co-workers who doubles as a jeep parts, hunter, tracker for me, found a plow that has a tag that says JEEP on it. I think he told me that it is a V-Type plow. The guy wants $50 dollars for it. Man, when it rains, it pours!
Rick
Doug View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug. 2006 at 11:49pm
Rick, should we let Gary in on our little secret?

I especially like the "FREE" option...the "See through Barns" comes in handy too. Much better than the old blk&wht J/F4000

Would this be what it is?

Edited by Doug - 01 Sep. 2006 at 12:53am
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out,
shouting "...holy cow, what a ride!"
Rob H. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob H. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep. 2006 at 5:41am
Wouldn't that be nice!
Rob H.

1948 CJ2A
bits and pieces of three 3A's
1967-72 Chevy C/10 kinda combined them LOL

ricksslatts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ricksslatts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep. 2006 at 8:43am

Hey Doug, I did'nt realize how expensive the batteries are for the Jeep Finder 8000. But, a guy has to have them otherwise, I would have to rely on plain ole gut instincts....      Not sure what the plow looks like, it will probably be next week before I can look at it. Thanks for posting the pict of the types of Meyers plows.

Rick
Doug View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep. 2006 at 9:41pm
Rob, I'ma J/F dealer...I could probably trade you one for a nice 2a...as long as the original taillight and turn markers are present 

Rick, I'm nearly as excited to see the pics of the plow as you are to find...post up when you get it!
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out,

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ricksslatts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep. 2006 at 11:12pm
OK guy's, I just bought a 2 blade bottom plow. Don't know anything about farm implements so maybe someone from the A-TEAM can help. I won't pick it up until next week. There are 2 pieces with this. Both have a brass tag rivited to each piece. The one on the plow says..
TRANSPORT MOTOR COMPANY
JEEP FARM MACHINERY
SERIAL NUMBER 453.....The tag on the other piece says JEEP FARM MACINERY also, but I did not read the rest of the tag. I think the other attachtment  somehow is pinned  to the frame under the body. What can I say, it said JEEP on the darn thing, so I bought it....
Rick
Doug View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep. 2006 at 11:18pm
Rick, click the link and scroll way way down for this info, there's a little more than I qouted below.
Sounds like an awesome find!

http://www.film.queensu.ca/CJ3B/SerialNos/OB54SerialNos.html

As for Maywood, remember it was CKD, so if they knew how to assemble
a CJ3A, the switch to CJ3B should have been painless. I also expect
you 'could' find that the majority of Maywood vehicles may have been
provided to the Transport Motor Company or TMC based in Sacramento.
They distributed the whole West Coast with Jeeps and Jeep Farm
conversions. I think they had the exclusive rights to West Coast

Willys Distribution at that time.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ricksslatts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep. 2006 at 11:30pm
Hey Doug! Thanks, I will check the link out. I should have taken my camera with me today, but I wasn't going to check out this plow until next week, but my fellow co-worker that told me about this plow, told me today, that I better get over there and make the deal with the owner today, because someone else was interested in that plow also. Cost me a $50 bill for it, but I thought it might be a neat little addition to my Jeep parts...I will Post picts next week when I pick it up. 
Rick
Doug View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep. 2006 at 11:34pm
$50...man. Tell you what. I'm feeling generous so I'll offer to double your money.  weigh it and get me a quote for shipping to Iowa would ya? THANKS!

Oh, good luck finding more info on the net about it, seems to be a fairly unknown item.

Edited by Doug - 01 Sep. 2006 at 11:34pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ricksslatts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep. 2006 at 11:42pm
It's larger than I thought it would be. I will probably keep it Doug, But If I ever change my mind, I will remember...You were the first one to ask! Got to pick up that early 2A parts jeep tomorrow, or sunday...Wait till you guy's see a pict of this old abused bugger.....
Rick
CathArf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CathArf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep. 2006 at 7:55am
Doug,
Wow  really like that new J/F 5000.  I guess gary and I are way old as all we have is the 500 model....

Maybe you could hook me up with one of those for Gary for Christmas.....

Cat
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM Corndogs.....

Doug View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep. 2006 at 12:21pm
Cat, I still have my old diviner rods...I'll do  a side by side comparison on my "hunting" trip today. Hvae to deliver my step dads deer stand to southern Iowa for him today. This involves about 100 miles of back roads both ways.

I'll be driving "Big Woody" on this trip...hope he doesn't scare off the little Jeeps.

Big Woody:

Oakes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oakes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep. 2006 at 11:17am
I gave one of those V plows away to a friend of mine who has a real agrijeep. I didn't have room, Bill
SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES, THEY ARE NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY STILL BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN YOU PUSH THEM DOWN A FLIGHT OF STAIRS
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep. 2006 at 11:52am
Please insert "intimidating Big Woody" joke here......
'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
Doug View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep. 2006 at 12:03pm
Where's Rick with the pics of the plow?  I'm no good at being patient 

Bill, Can I be your friend?

Rocnroll, The Deuce had "Big Woody" painted on the doors when I bought it...The girls at work have tried thier best to make up every joke you possibly could to do with it's name when I drive it to work..."Doug has his Big Woodie out" "Can we ride your ...."

Just never seems to get old...LOL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ricksslatts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep. 2006 at 7:50pm
Doug, I am picking up the plow sometime this week. Also, it looks as if I won't be able to pick up the early 2A parts jeep this weekend like I had planned. The owners wife is ill, and I did not want to bother them, so I guess it will have to be another day. I went over there Saturday to look at it though...the vin # on the tag says CJ2A 18217. Has a clamshell horn with SPARTON stamped in raised letters. The screws were still in the dash around the ignition switch, but no coil. I'm hoping to find a few more parts lying around....
Rick
usmcpmi View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmcpmi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep. 2006 at 11:09pm
Gary, Doug said that I had to post this pic for ya'll. I told him this was the "old way" of finding flat fender jeeps and parts.  MG
We hope to see all of ya'll in October. MG
'48 CJ2A/192948
'15 Wrangler Rubicon

Mark G.
p3ferris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p3ferris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep. 2006 at 11:19pm

Helllloooo?
 Must have been a drop of water  on the hood or he would not have found it.

Forgot to tell you to click on the smiley with the volume on

Edited by p3ferris - 05 Sep. 2006 at 11:21pm
Ed
cj2a lefty
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>