Forum Home Forum Home > The CJ2A Parts Project > Parts List > Non-Willys Accessories
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Linkbelt Capstan Winch Drawings

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndrtkr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Linkbelt Capstan Winch Drawings
    Posted: 12 Oct. 2011 at 1:38am
Info on other winches are available & so I thought the capstan needed to be added.  The linkbelt winch was introduced in late 44 as a replacement for the Braden model j2 capstan winch.  I was able to speak with a gentleman that owns an original set of Linkbelt blueprint drawings as was introduced to the US Gov. dated in 1944.  These drawings depicted an  installation schematic of the Linkbelt. Gary was kind enough to share with me these drawings.  Being blueprints the page is approximately 3ft.x 4ft.  (fairly large)!  He emailed portions of the schematic I was interested in with permission to share them with you. So here are a few pics that several have asked about...Mounting the 3/4in. x 100ft. capstan rope on the right (passenger) side fender.

I will update with my Linkbelt as installation takes place.  If you are interested in this application you can contact me for a more legible pic (in email form) that I'd be happy to forward.

Edited by ndrtkr - 12 Oct. 2011 at 2:21am
"Life is tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid"- John Wayne
ndrtkr View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndrtkr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct. 2011 at 1:56am
Here are several pics of the rest of Gary's drawings.  Of course there is not a tremendous amount of detail given the size of the drawings, but I hope you will find them interesting & informative considering they were carried over to the early cj2a's.

Notice the date on the drawing below...11/30/1944

Edited by ndrtkr - 12 Oct. 2011 at 2:00am
ndrtkr View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndrtkr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct. 2011 at 1:58am
...and a few more.

le francais View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote le francais Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec. 2011 at 6:39pm
hello, i'am from France  and in my contry it's impossible to find one capstan for my Cj3 A may be its possible i make one if i have the drawing . its possible you post the drawing to me? thanks
ndrtkr View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndrtkr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec. 2011 at 2:48am
le francais...welcome to the 2a page.  I do not have in my possession the drawings.  They are owned by another person who shared pics of them with me.  They are only installation drawings.  They are not fabrication drawings, and would not be any help to you.

Your best option would be ebay, but (in my opinion) a Ramsey or Koenig PTO winch would be better suited to your CJ3A, and also found occasionally on ebay.

Good luck! Dead

Edited by ndrtkr - 12 Dec. 2011 at 2:49am
le francais View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote le francais Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec. 2011 at 8:03pm
ok ndrtkr thank i look on ebay us
Airboss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airboss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr. 2012 at 7:17pm
I own a Braden winch head without any mounting/drive parts that I would like to install on my '48 CJ2A.  I have found a few sources for mounting plates and drive parts for the Linkbelt winch.  Can you tell me the difference, if any, between the two?  I am aware that there are differences in the Linkbelt mounting plates for the CJ2A and military applications and I understand they one can be adapted to fit the other.  The Braden and Linkbelt winch heads appear to be identical.  I would be very interested in obtaining photos or copies of the blueprint drawings.  Thanks for your help.
Jay
Mustafah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mustafah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2012 at 5:45am
SIR  I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE  PICS IN EMAIL FORMAT CAN YOU PLZ  EMAIL ME  AT MUSTAFAH_SYED@YAHOO.COM
Thanks
Mustafah
Joe Friday View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Friday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2012 at 7:24pm
Any chance you can post the part  # from the lower right hand corner of that drawing? 640???
Ford GP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ford GP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr. 2014 at 7:22pm
Does the drawing detail what straps hold the rope to the fender?  Are they screwed or bolted to the fender? Are the straps snap closed or buckle closed?  Hard to see by the photos?
ndrtkr View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndrtkr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2014 at 6:31pm
Originally posted by Ford GP Ford GP wrote:

Does the drawing detail what straps hold the rope to the fender?  Are they screwed or bolted to the fender? Are the straps snap closed or buckle closed?  Hard to see by the photos?

There are six footman loops.  Five on the fender and one on the side of the tub.  The straps are buckle type straps.
3-48s View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3-48s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan. 2015 at 3:25pm
Does anyone have a detail drawing of the mounting plate they would be willing to share?
1945 CJ2A #10536
1948 CJ2A #176528 "Elmer"
1948 CJ2A #155970 "Gray Mule"
1948 CJ2A #155365 "Old Yeller" (GONE)
BANTAM T3C # 6147 (GONE)
BANTAM T3C # 30856
41jeepers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 41jeepers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr. 2018 at 11:23am
I am looking for a clear drawing with the correct positions of the holes to mount the footman loops.
Is there anybody who has a readable drawing or sketch of it.

TENENTE 58 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TENENTE 58 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2023 at 10:33am
Hi
Hello everyone and thanks for subscribing , I just installed a capstan winch on a willys and I wanted to know if it was possible to have a copy of the drawing where you see the measurements of the mounting of the rope on the fender, thanks
regards
jeepbom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeepbom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2023 at 7:57pm
Hi, I have uploaded the image with measurements for the footman loop position and a couple of pictures of jeeps with the rope placed on the right fender according to the original drawings.
Let me know if the measurements are legible, I can try to upload a bigger picture if not.
Thanks

jeepbom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeepbom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2023 at 8:01pm
jeepbom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeepbom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2023 at 8:03pm
Stills not big enough but if you save the image in your computer you can them make it bigger and you will be able to see the measurements, hope that helps.

TENENTE 58 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TENENTE 58 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2023 at 3:51am
Thanks now I read the measurements. kind.
Regards
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>