Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Your Jeep Project
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My '47

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 51>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2013 at 5:28pm
Originally posted by berettajeep berettajeep wrote:

For the most part I am happy with how it turned out. Now i will dismantle and paint.

That looks pretty straightforward. Just cut the activator rod and re-thread to the right length. Is the top cover workable through the floorboard opening or do you have to remove the left side fender? 

Did you rig a firewall fluid reservoir? 

Nice job.
'47 CJ2A -- #114542
Warn FF D41 rear
Lock-Right locker
11" drum brakes
Dual master cylinder
T90C Transmission
16 X 6 Jeep truck wheels
Cooper STT Pro tires
berettajeep View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2013 at 1:23am
Originally posted by Mike S Mike S wrote:

That looks pretty straightforward. Just cut the activator rod and re-thread to the right length. Is the top cover workable through the floorboard opening or do you have to remove the left side fender? 

Did you rig a firewall fluid reservoir? 

Nice job.

No on the firewall reservoir. I believe I  will be able to get to it from the floor board opening. I'll know for sure when it is all assembled.
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug. 2013 at 9:21pm
Most recent photo.....

Also got the motor to turn over. Used some stuff called Corrosion Block that was recommended to me. It is found in boat stores and although kind of expensive ($20 for 12 ounces) it was well worth it.

When I have more time I will add more photos.
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug. 2013 at 11:54pm
Found out my motors birthday.....

putting back together and this happens

Confused

I did get it out. So yay for me.

F Bill View Drop Down

Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote F Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug. 2013 at 12:15am
Yay...you said it! .So it is a MB motor with an early serial on it?? That date sounds like way early prototype issue stuff .
If you haven't checked out the tech FAQ section, go to:
http://www.thecj2apage.com/forums/tech-faq_forum57.html
for a lot of great stuff you need to know!!

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug. 2013 at 3:08am
Originally posted by F Bill F Bill wrote:

Yay...you said it! .So it is a MB motor with an early serial on it?? That date sounds like way early prototype issue stuff .

Bill, No the block is out of an Americar
 http://auto.howstuffworks.com/1941-1942-willys-americar.htm

More importantly it runs!!!!! Big smile
 No fuel line connected, no radiator or coolant, not even a full exhaust..... I will post a video in a few minutes.
 I am super happy.
Tom in RI View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom in RI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug. 2013 at 3:17am
porsskar wrote:
"Just looking at the tires on the pic from the Korean war pic, the tires look very thick and OD large. Is this a factory spec?"

The M38 looks like it has factory spec 700-16 tires.

Really interested in your dual master cylinder setup - was it bolt-in or will you weld it in place? Have you plummmed it yet? Many installations seem to have clearance issues at the bellhousing and yours seems to have extra room

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug. 2013 at 3:21am
Originally posted by Tom in RI Tom in RI wrote:

porsskar wrote:
"Just looking at the tires on the pic from the Korean war pic, the tires look very thick and OD large. Is this a factory spec?"

The M38 looks like it has factory spec 700-16 tires.

Really interested in your dual master cylinder setup - was it bolt-in or will you weld it in place? Have you plummmed it yet? Many installations seem to have clearance issues at the bellhousing and yours seems to have extra room

It is bolted in and I might have added a couple of tack welds.  No brakes lines on yet and the clearance issue, I would not doubt it if I put it on wrong LOL

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug. 2013 at 3:22am

Big smile Notice my shirt too.
F Bill View Drop Down

Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote F Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug. 2013 at 3:28am
Americar is cool....I think I  may have one of those blocks still hanging around in NY.

Congrats on the first start!! Get yourself a squeeze detergent bottle with some gas in it, lots safer for your pistons than ether...

Edited by F Bill - 10 Aug. 2013 at 3:30am
If you haven't checked out the tech FAQ section, go to:
http://www.thecj2apage.com/forums/tech-faq_forum57.html
for a lot of great stuff you need to know!!

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug. 2013 at 9:48pm

Rebuilt the carb. Hooked up cooling system to clean block out.

need to fix exhaust leak at manifiold

Edited by berettajeep - 18 Aug. 2013 at 9:51pm
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug. 2013 at 2:37am
Schweet!
CJ2A #29110 "General Willys"
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

"We do what we can, and we try what we can't"
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug. 2013 at 3:25am
I also just yard drove it with my 6 year old!!! Big smile Smokes a lot. Embarrassed and the steering box was making my life difficult but i just finished changing it to an actual 2A box and it is much better. I have a video but I need to edit it first
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug. 2013 at 11:12pm

This was yesterday, I replaced the steering box with one from a 2A after this video. The one I had in there was about an inch longer with no horn, plus it was a pain in the arse to turn.
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep. 2013 at 9:57am
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep. 2013 at 11:52am
CJ2A #29110 "General Willys"
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

"We do what we can, and we try what we can't"
ericw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep. 2013 at 5:03pm
Looks to be coming along great!
Eric
1948 CJ2a 'Angus'
Body ACM# 171327
Member IAFFC
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep. 2013 at 4:14am

Yep. Big smile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 51>