Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Your Jeep Project
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My '47

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 51>
Author
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar. 2017 at 9:16pm
Originally posted by Adrian Adrian wrote:

Valves as well?

Embarrassed  Well I took items I received to him today and we looked at the valves and guides. The exhaust valves guides are a little worn especially where the 2 broken valve springs were. So a ordering I shall do! LOL
Adrian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adrian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar. 2017 at 12:08am
Well done, I was advised the side valve engines tend to be a bit harder on valve gear and pretty much replaced everything.

Don't ask me why, it was just the recommendation of the engine rebuilder and he's well know in NZ for rebuilding older engines.

It will purr nicely once you're all done
1946 CJ-2A Column Change 14605
1973 Saab 96
berettajeep View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar. 2017 at 7:36pm
I was given some extra felt from Bob of the Washington flat fenders club on the face book to add to my grill because I forgot to add it years ago

The Fez View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Fez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar. 2017 at 10:40pm
Looks good. I sprayed a bit of clear rustoleum spray paint on the rivets when I installed my felt so they'd stay shiny pretty - 'cause that matters (to some).
Dennis Braam
North Vancouver, BC
1947 Willys CJ2A https://sites.google.com/site/willyscj2ajeep/
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar. 2017 at 1:58am
Originally posted by The Fez The Fez wrote:

Looks good. I sprayed a bit of clear rustoleum spray paint on the rivets when I installed my felt so they'd stay shiny pretty - 'cause that matters (to some).

I sould have done that on the whole Jeep! Stupid rainy weather here.   
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar. 2017 at 9:02pm
Look what came in today!

Yay!
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr. 2017 at 5:53pm
Ordered Valves, guides and a few other little things Friday night. Should get them this week.
pilot195 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pilot195 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr. 2017 at 7:18pm
Not sure where I'm going yet with wheels and tires...   did you have to mod anything or did those wheels bolt right on to stock Willys?
Jim
'46 Willys Jeep CJ-2A
USAF retired
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr. 2017 at 7:44am
Originally posted by pilot195 pilot195 wrote:

Not sure where I'm going yet with wheels and tires...   did you have to mod anything or did those wheels bolt right on to stock Willys?

No mods, they bolt right on.  They were given to me. Previous owner had them on a CJ7.
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr. 2017 at 10:38pm
Got the valves in. Big smile Dropped them off at the machine shop.

Flatfender Ben View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flatfender Ben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr. 2017 at 3:52am
shadow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr. 2017 at 4:26am
are you replacing the guides yourself? , I did mine and it was easy, a piece of steel pipe and some ready rod to pull the guides out.
lets go for a rip eh bud

Andy
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr. 2017 at 7:52am
Originally posted by shadow shadow wrote:

are you replacing the guides yourself? , I did mine and it was easy, a piece of steel pipe and some ready rod to pull the guides out.

My machinist will be replacing them.
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2017 at 8:04pm
Went to the beach ealier this week when it was slightly raining. Parked next to the remains of the Peter Iredale ship

Of course the drivers front brake got stuck. Made the brake pedal feel so weird, constant brakes applied but it had no travel. Ended up bending the pedal, so I'll need to get a new one. Stopped at the store on the way home and it cooled down. Now the brakes are acting normal. I'll need to take the wheels off and check the brakes out.
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2017 at 1:25am
What's in the box?!?

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2017 at 1:26am
This post is to add some time to mystery. What could be in the box?
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2017 at 1:27am
Still wondering, what could be in that box? The suspense is driving you crazy?

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2017 at 1:29am
It is a NOS T-90 first / reverse gear!

How exciting!

Well for me it is!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 51>