Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Your Jeep Project
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My '47

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3637383940 51>
Author
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct. 2018 at 4:23am
Checked all the gear boxes.  I also greased it, again.   I am super glad I rinsed the Jeep off yesterday because today it was 74 degrees and sunny. The only thing that would have made it better is if I was laying on a flat surface in a garage.

Transfer case was low. It has been a little to long since I last checked it. It has been leaking since I "freshened " it up when I lived in my apartment a couple years ago, so I should have checked  Embarrassed

berettajeep View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct. 2018 at 4:31am
Originally posted by Mark W. Mark W. wrote:

Hey Dennis what is the access like to where the jeep is sitting? If its at all restricted I might have a way to help you with the concrete idea.

I have a small cement mixer and a good wheel barrow and have done a number of slabs in my day with both. Its hard work not really fun but it is without a doubt the cheapest way to do it. If you plan a pad just big enough to put the jeep on and be able to work on it. Your looking at about 10' wide by say 16' Thats as big as my shop area I showed off with all the lights. If you out down say 4" of good 3/4-0 gravel and pack it in well you can easily get away with a 3.5" slab if you put some wire mesh in it (old woven wire fence is dirt cheap)

2) yards 3/4"- Gravel U-Haul $84.00 they haul $160
12) bags Portland Cement (Lowes price) $135.00
2) yards 3/4"- 0 Concrete aggregate est. same as the 3/4"-0 gravel I can't find a price on line in Astoria.
5 shts wire mesh (lowes price) $44.00
Roll of visqueen plastic $15.00
2x4's for forms and a few stakes $30.00

once you have the area stripped of sod you grade out the 3/4- and level and pack it. Throw up your forms and start mixing concrete. The whole thing would take a couple guys a nice day.

Add in a few 3/8-1/2 bolts along the edge and you have an anchor for a PVC arch temp roof. A nice big White Tarp and you have a temp shop.

So 10' x 16' x 3.5" = about 1.75 cu yards of concrete. so figure on materials for 2 yards thats' 12) bags of Portland cement at $11.25 a bag or $135.00 and 2 yards of 3/4"- 0 round rock. and some water.

Quoting this to get myself motivated.   I will need to get some fill dirt level the yard out first though.

Mike F View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct. 2018 at 4:45am
A CJ2A work party. In the works. I got a garage Dennis. Can get the motor in it but that’s it. I’m really wanting to get this swap finished up before it starts raining again.
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct. 2018 at 8:01pm
Beach morning!

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct. 2018 at 8:03pm
Was super windy and rain last night. Still super windy this morning.

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct. 2018 at 8:05pm
I didn't realize the bird was there until I looked at this photo afterwords. 

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct. 2018 at 8:11pm
We left the beach not long after to go to the grocery store. Saw a herd of elk who didn't appreciate us driving by. As soon as we were next to them a few of the elk lowered their heads and jumped into the road right behind us followed by the rest of them Shocked
smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct. 2018 at 10:26pm

If you read Undaunted Courage about Lewis and Clark, the year they wintered there about all they had to eat was elk. By the time e they got out of there and headed east they were screaming for a nice fat buffalo or a bear.
Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
Grampa's Jeep Build Thread
mikec4193 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikec4193 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct. 2018 at 11:58pm
Hey Beretta...

Love the pics...what is the wreck on the beach??...

Your Jeep looks like it is really at home out there...

MikeC
I am the squirrel....
otto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote otto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct. 2018 at 1:34am

Originally posted by smfulle smfulle wrote:

If you read Undaunted Courage about Lewis and Clark, the year they wintered there about all they had to eat was elk. By the time e they got out of there and headed east they were screaming for a nice fat buffalo or a bear.

This always reminds me of that scene in Forest Gump where Bubba describes all of the different shrimp dishes. 
47 CJ2A w/fuel injected boat engine
48 CJ2A
64 Ford Econoline Travelwagon
If you can't get there in a Jeep, get a motorcycle!
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct. 2018 at 3:56am
Originally posted by mikec4193 mikec4193 wrote:

Hey Beretta...

Love the pics...what is the wreck on the beach??...

Your Jeep looks like it is really at home out there...

MikeC

It is all that remains of the Peter Iredale shipwreck.  http://oregonhistoryproject.org/articles/historical-records/the-wreck-of-the-peter-iredale/#.W9aE0eJRfIU
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct. 2018 at 4:41am
Headlight retainer broke on my Cherokee so I am borrowing it from the Willys for now. 

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov. 2018 at 10:34pm
Started with this.

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov. 2018 at 10:37pm
I removed both LED's. The one on the hood was running light and the fender was the turn signal.

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov. 2018 at 10:42pm
Going to put these on the hood, since it is a flatter surface than the fenders are. LOL  

64CJ5 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 64CJ5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov. 2018 at 1:42am
We went out to Ft. Stevens S.P. last Tuesday the 30th.  The wind was blowing the rain sideways.  So the wreck was hard to see.  You sure had a good day to take pictures of your Jeep.  Tom
64CJ5 "Eeyore"
01TJ "Tigger"
52 M38 Severely demilitarized, "Popeye" The Coast Guard Jeep.
14 JK "Jake"
To Trust Government Defys Both History and Reason.

PUBLIC LAND Owner/User
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov. 2018 at 6:01pm
Ran out of gas this morning on the Bridge to town.
Mike F View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov. 2018 at 6:34pm
Well that sucks. BTDT. Don’t remember ever running out on a bridge though.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3637383940 51>