Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Tech Questions and Answers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Oil Lines

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan. 2012 at 1:44pm
It's a very tight space with the front engine plate installed:

CO3A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CO3A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep. 2020 at 5:45am
Hey folks, reviving an old thread here, but I have a question about end fitting types. I just got in some new oil hoses from Joe's Motor Pool and found that they didn't fit the oil filter. The fitting and hole below the fuel pump and on the timing cover are both flare, but the holes on the filter are taper pipe. The hoses I need would be flare on the engine end and taper on the filter end, but the ones I got are flare on both ends. Is this correct? Am I supposed to have taper pipe to flare adapters on the filter? Thanks! 
1950 CJ3A
Lee MN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep. 2020 at 1:43pm
The filter canister is indeed 1/8” pipe, as well as the engine, both require an adapter of 1/8” pipe by (I believe) 3/16” inverted flair weatherhead fitting, available at most real parts stores.

Lee
               LEE
44 GPW-The Perfected Willys
49 2A
“If you wait, you only get older”
67 M715
American Made Rolling History
CO3A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CO3A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep. 2020 at 3:44pm
Great! Thanks! 
1950 CJ3A
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12